Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

The Season Ahead

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DB
Guru
DB

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:04 pm

This thread is to talk about your teams prospects in the season ahead.

talk some players up that you believe will do well or areas where you think you need a bit of attention.

Talk away Very Happy
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:07 pm

If we are to have any chance this season, Kolb MUST step up to the plate.
If he falls down, then he and the Eagles management are going to cop it.
Espicially, if the Skins beat us with D-Mac leading them.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:13 pm

Ill start with the steelers my beloved sixburgh

everyone knows what the go is with big ben.. its looking like he could miss anywhere between 4-6 weeks..
So the QB situation is a big thing being discussed atm. The race is out of 08 backup QB Leftwich, 3rd year Dixon, and vet Batch.
So far leftwich has been getting the most reps with the 1st team. And i think that he will get the starting job at the start of the season. However, i wouldnt mind seeing Dixon in there. He has only started one game which was last year but he was magnificent for that game. One of his main attributes that will help is his how mobile he is in the pocket. The steelers pocket defence is average at best with big ben taking too many sacks (i know he does hold it longer than most QB's) but dixon has the speed to find a hole and make a few extra yards if nothing is open. i believe leftwich is too big and not fast enought (however he has lost a bit of weight)

Here comes our other problem. Our receiver corp. Our no.1 receiver will be hines Ward. He is a brilliant player but he cant really play the no.1 receiver role. atm he is best a slot receiver. he doesnt have the speed of height to be no.1. This is why i think wallace will act as the head receiver on the roster. We have Randle El back as well so expect a few more trick plays this year Very Happy

our defence i think will be back to its best with a healthy polamalu and aaron smith. Our LB's are still some of the best in the league so not much problem there other than age. although our depth is looking alright.

our CB's should be better than last year with the return of mcfadden. taylor and mcfadden should sure up our secondary compared to last year with gay letting any player dominate him....

and that concludes my rant for now! lets generate some discussion!
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 12:16 pm

philly wrote:

Kolb must do well. i agree with you there. There is a bit of pressure on him now but hopefully he does well for his sake and the club.

i can still see the eagles doing well though. desean jackson will tear up and even if kolb doesnt do well im sure vick would love a shot at the title Razz
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:40 pm

DB wrote:
philly wrote:

Kolb must do well. i agree with you there. There is a bit of pressure on him now but hopefully he does well for his sake and the club.

i can still see the eagles doing well though. desean jackson will tear up and even if kolb doesnt do well im sure vick would love a shot at the title Razz
Laughing Absolutely

Reckon DeSean is going to have another massive season, even though teams know his danger he has a real X-Factor.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 2:30 am

Third go haha.

I think the Dolphins will make play-offs this year. We seem determined to bounce back and make it. You have to remember the phins were only 2 wins away and without Ronnie Brown for the last part of the season so I don't see why we couldn't make it.

Bring on September. Go Phins!!!
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:16 am

ill be very surprised if the phins make the playoffs...

they have marshall now but im not too sure about there defence this year
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:24 am

liam_bombers wrote:
Third go haha.

I think the Dolphins will make play-offs this year. We seem determined to bounce back and make it. You have to remember the phins were only 2 wins away and without Ronnie Brown for the last part of the season so I don't see why we couldn't make it.

Bring on September. Go Phins!!!
Dreaming mate, dreaming.
Attack is average. Williams was solid at time but also got shut down in key games.
And as DB said, the defence is shaky. No real stand-out players that will strike fear into teams. Any offence with decent tactics and decent players would be able to tear it to bits.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 10:36 am

This will be a very quiet year for the Steelers. They will have to go back to relying heavily on Mendenhall and the running game now Rapelisberger's out after becoming a much more pass heavy team last year. With the loss of Holmes, they should be having Wallace in there who is a good young prospect but not a starter yet. The defense was on the backfoot in plenty of games last year. though Polamalu will bring a world of difference to that side. I predict an 8-8 year for them. Might get 1 or 2 wins while Ben is out but it will be too much for them to rebound.

As for the Colts, we will win the Superbowl. It was another quiet year in the offseason picking up Pat Angerer and Jerry Hughes in rounds 1 and 2 who were steals at that point in the draft. With a returning Gonzo, our reveiving corps will be easily the Top 3 of the year. Options of Reggie, Dallas, Gonzo, Pierre and Collie will give Peyton more than enough talent to have another MVP season. Joseph Addai will need to have a much better season. We will always be a pass heavy team with Peyton behind centre, but too many 4th quarter comebacks last year came behind 3 and outs from the running game. I'm hoping Donald Brown gets a full season under his belt because he is a threat on the ground with the ability to break multiple tackles in a play. Our O-line is nothing special this year, but who needs an O-line with Peyton?

As for defense we have big strengths and weaknesses. Our biggest strength will be the pressure that we will continue to establish with Mathis and Freeney on the edge. The best pass rushing defensive end pairing in the league, but both can lack the ability to stop the run. Towards the end of the year we were able to stop the run well coming up against Ray Rice and a NYJ #1 rushing attack in the playoffs which was shut down. It will always be a problem, but is slowly improving. Our Linebackers have plenty of skill and are very under-rated. Brackett is a ball-hawk, though undersized and the speed of Clint Session and Phillip Wheeler on the outside is a great asset. Angerer is being groomed to take over Brackett soon enough and will get plenty of gametime this year.

A healthy Sanders is essential for this season. Yet again he had a season ending injury. He can be the best safety in the league when healthy. Bethea is coming off his best season yet, and if we have those two healthy we have a pro-bowl safety pairing which could get us that one step further than last year. Corner is our major issue. Kelvin Hayden is a solid player, as are sophmore players Jerraud Powers and undrafted Lacey who definitely stood up with the injuries we had last year. 3rd round selection Kevin Thomas has sustained a season ending injury which means there are a whole lot of undrafted or late round rookies behind teh top 3. Last year we coped well with these injuries to our defensive backs and I have much confidence in our depth.

So anyway, there's my view on the team, we are in for a 15-1 season with Peyton to receive his 5th MVP award.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:23 am

My standings predictions:

AFC East
1. New York Jets (13-3) - This is NYJ's best team in a while. All over the field they have top players and will be a force this year.
2. New England Patriots (11-5) Bill Belichick is a great coach and if Brady's fit, he'll be able to get that wildcard spot.
3. Miami Dolphins (7-9) I don't see much improvement. They are still rebuilding on both sides of the ball.
4. Buffalo Bills (1-15) Expect them to have the #1 draft pick

AFC South
1. Indianapolis Colts (15-1) Peyton will get us home again
2. Tenessee Titans (10-6) Keep it in CJ's hands as much as possible, he'll get the job done. Derrick Morgan was also a great pick.
3. Houston Texans (8-8) I want them to get there, but they still have issues on the defensive side of the ball, anyone know whats the latest on Cushing?
4. Jacksonville Jaguars (6-10) Do or die for Garrard. Over achievers last year with a poor offensive line, receiving corps and pass rush. Need more help than Kampman can give them.

AFC West
1. Denver Broncos (9-7) Could get on top of this weak division. San Diego have lost some stars, but thsi Denver side are extremely short at receiver. Maybe they could replicate what NYG did last year?
2. San Diego Chargers (9-7) Lost a lot of stars and will probably be able to get through it with Rivers playing the ball of his career last year.
3. Oakland Raiders (8-8) Made some great move sin the offseason where they needed to. On the way up with a solid QB, o-line and defense.
4. Kansas City Chiefs (3-13) Still have a woeful O-line which will get them no where

AFC North
1. Baltimore Ravens (11-5) Their biggest problem was WR, which they solved well with Boldin. Defense is still one of the best
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8) Big ben suspension will kill them
3. Cincinnatti Bengals (8-8) Made some good changes to a position they lacked in WR. Have a top defense and could well go a lot further.
4. Cleveland Browns (4-12) made some good changes, but are still rebulding

NFC East
1. Dallas Cowboys (13-3) Were on fire at the back end of last year, just need to replicate it and they're #1 in the NFC.
2. Philadelphia Eagles (7-9) Could go either way with Kolb, a running game still lacks even if Kolb will only be a game manager.
3. New York Giants (5-11) Defense has been poor and I don't believe Eli is the man to lead the team with a defense like this.
4. Washington Redskins (4-12) Will need more than McNabb to get up, though a much bigger improvement on offense.

NFC South
1. New Orleans Saints (13-3) Can't write off the Superbowl Champs, they'll get close again
2. Carolina Panthers (9-7) defense was suprisingly impressive last year and have established themselves as one of the best in the league. QB is the big question where they will rely heavily on Deangelo Williams and Stewart.
3. Atlanta Falcons (6-10) Were hit hard with injuries last year. Weak defensive backs and pass rush.
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11) Aren't there to be contenders again but are heading in the right direction

NFC West:
1. San Fransisco 49ers (10-6) Its all in Alex Smith's hands. They have a great defense led by Willis and have made improvements to the line and corner.Will just need to sort things out offensively to be a contender once again
2. Arizona Cardinals (10-6) Matt Leinart has plenty of work on his hands to continue this talented sides dominance. Relying on the running game will be hard going by their recent performances.
3. Seattle Seahawks (9-7) Made some great picks in the draft and have a new coach. Are on their way up.
4. St Louis Rams (2-14) No one can survive behind this line

NFC North:
1. Green Bay Packers (12-4) Rodgers is establishing himself as one of the best in the league and his defense made big improvements last season
2. Minesota Vikings (7-9) I really don't want to see Favre dominate, just my hate for him
3. Chicago Bears (6-10) Peppers will make a big impact but as we lead towards a pass dominated league, playing at Chicago with those recivers won't help
4. Detroit Lions (3-13) Not there yet
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:11 pm

The playoff thing was more that I hope we do.
As Manning said, we're still rebuilding and there's hope for the future and I'm fine with that Smile
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:59 pm

Great Neutral Marlin Jackson who we signed from the Colts has gone down with an Achilies injury. Season done.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:27 pm

Big ben back at training!!!!
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:39 pm

DB wrote:
None of his teammates should drop the soap.... or atleast go to pick it up.

You just never know when Rapelisberger will strike Razz
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:12 pm

philly wrote:
DB wrote:

One things for sure, if he tries, Dennis Dixon will get away from him easily. The Season Ahead 575896
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:16 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
philly wrote:
DB wrote:

One things for sure, if he tries, Dennis Dixon will get away from him easily. The Season Ahead 575896

sparky you just love dixon dont you lol....
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:19 pm

DB wrote:
sparky you just love dixon dont you lol....

Absolutely. Ex-Oregon Ducks QB. The Season Ahead 575896
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:40 pm

Marlin Jackson just got off a season ending injury last year at the Colts. Terrible news for him, that would be 4 or so games in 2 years.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:40 am

Been linked with former Ram's safety Oshiomogho Atogwe as a potential replacement for Jackson (Marlin). Which if I am honest, would be fooking epic for our defence. Last year we lacked a genuine safety on that side so it was Q having to do the majority of work back there. But someone like Atogwe would be more than capable of holding up his side, plus he is a Dawkins-like player with his big hitting so the fans will love him. So do us a favour Eagles management and sign that man Smile

Also, 6th round draft pick Charles Scott has become the first of our picks to officially sign.

Aaaannnnnndddddd..... Skins are trying to get good old Brian Westbrook.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:46 am

Atogwe was the standout in that woeful Rams defence. He'd be a hugelift for any team. Great signing if it happens.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 4:03 am

Approximately 45 days until the phins take on the bucs in the first round of pre-season.
Can't wait Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 6:02 am

haha that means that we have to get this draft happening soon!!!!

we still need more ppl!!!
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 8:05 am

Breaking News: JaMarcus Russell has just been caught in possession of the drug "Purple Drank".

Apparently it's the new cocaine or something along those lines.

Watch. This. Space.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 10:29 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Breaking News: JaMarcus Russell has just been caught in possession of the drug "Purple Drank".

Apparently it's the new cocaine or something along those lines.

Watch. This. Space.

Isn't he a Free Agent? If so, he's f***ed. No-one will pick him up.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:02 pm

he'll never be back in the NFL... not enough shown in his last few seasons and now this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Season Ahead Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Season Ahead
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com