Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

The Season Ahead

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
madman
Professional
madman

The Season Ahead - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:02 pm

My prediction for the NFC West division:

1st: Cardinals (12-4)
2nd: 49ers: (10-6)
3rd: Seahawks (5-8)
4th: Rams (1-15)
Back to top Go down
http://sports-chat.forumotion.com/index.htm
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:05 pm

madman wrote:

13 games Confused
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:21 pm

madman wrote:

Cardinals will lose more then 4 games... losing Boldin, Warner and a few other notable players has weakend that team alot.

plus when you replace Warner with a QB that has been on the bench for the last 2 years and stuggled when he got a gig for a couple games last season.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 12:31 pm

NFC East Prediction
1. Eagles (12-4)
2. Cowboys (11-5)
3. Giants (9-7)
4. Redskins (5-11)

This is purely from what has happened in the off-season. As far as I know Cowboys haven't lost many key players so they should still be strong. Us losing McNabb will hurt us in the first 3-4 weeks as Kolb will be settling in but we have a pretty good schedule for then so it shouldn't hurt us too much, reckon most of our losses will come at the end of the season when we have a shocker of a schedule. Giants will be the nearly-men, again while Skins will be stronger with McNabb, but still will be pretty poor this season.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:52 pm

philly i think your rating the eagles a bit high there. i think that the cowboys will most likely take out the division even though i really dont want them to haha. i think mcnabb will be a big adjustment for the team and kolb is gonna take his time in filling in. the team has a bit of youth about it so it should be good for next season with mccoy, jackson and kolb adjusting to each other
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:05 am

12 wins with a new QB who's not guaranteed to be good. Yep book them into the play-offs right now!

Dallas are a much better side who have a more settled side. The Cowboys will get 11-12 wins and finish above the Eagles I am confident.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:22 am

DB wrote:
philly i think your rating the eagles a bit high there. i think that the cowboys will most likely take out the division even though i really dont want them to haha. i think mcnabb will be a big adjustment for the team and kolb is gonna take his time in filling in. the team has a bit of youth about it so it should be good for next season with mccoy, jackson and kolb adjusting to each other
Maybe a little. But like I said, the Eagles have a pretty soft start to the season and a good way to ease Kolb in. After the pre-season games it will be easier to tell how he will fit in.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 1:33 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Breaking News: JaMarcus Russell has just been caught in possession of the drug "Purple Drank".

Apparently it's the new cocaine or something along those lines.

Watch. This. Space.
Purple Drank = liquor + cough syrup, also known as syzzurp. Believe me, a lot of people have suspected that he's been a syzzurp drinker for a long time, hence the nickname JaRobitussin.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:33 pm

Kvltism wrote:
Purple Drank = liquor + cough syrup, also known as syzzurp. Believe me, a lot of people have suspected that he's been a syzzurp drinker for a long time, hence the nickname JaRobitussin.

Yeah I think I overreacted to the situation haha. I thought it was big braking news, apparently I was a day late.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:53 pm

It will be a big deal, because the Jets (lol) were considering taking a punt on the fat sack of crap. Would laugh so much if he goes to jail for it.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 8:34 am

Been thinking of making a write-up of my opinion on each teams chances this year. Got the Athlon Sports Season Preview to help me with the comings and goings and analyse the team a bit better lol, so I'll have a go at some teams.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:32 am

sounds good manning Very Happy
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:43 pm

I think Michael Lombardi has summed up the Eagles pretty well in his NFC preview.
Quote :
Philadelphia Eagles: When I was in college I worked a summer job as a bartender (on the Jersey Shore), which allowed me to learn valuable life lessons. One of those applied to the Eagles last year. A veteran bartender told me to never trust the bartender who accuses others of stealing as it diverts the attention away from him, so he can steal. With all the attention that the Donovan McNabb trade received in Philadelphia, the issues at quarterback diverted the attention from the real problem, which is Philly's overall defense. The Eagles last year were like the Denver Nuggets of the old ABA -- they can run and gun and score points, but could not keep their opponents from scoring or making plays, especially in the red zone. In the final eight games of the season, the Eagles' defense was 21st in points allowed and they gave up as many touchdown passes -- 27 -- as their offense scored. The Eagles have always wanted their defense to complement their offense, meaning they wanted their defense to be very active rushing the passer in the framework of their blitz scheme. Adding first-round draft pick Brandon Graham will help, as will getting Stewart Bradley back healthy to solidify their middle linebacker position. But the biggest help will be if second-year defensive coordinator Sean McDermott can grow into the job and make the right adjustments. If so, it could move the Eagles into blue-chip territory.
The return of Bradley is possibly being under-looked by most, losing him in pre-season was a massive blow last season and the balance of the defence was gone. And of course the loss of JJ half-way through the season shook everyone up and McDermott was always going to have a tough time taking over a defence with JJ's playbook in effect and being in such a senior role. If the defence can click and click often then we have a very good shot at a solid season. I think Graham could have a bumper Rookie season as he looks a good player and teams will be targeting Cole on the defensive side.

I doubt anyone is expecting a SuperBowl apperance from us this year, but a good season could set us up for the 2012 SuperBowl.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:37 am

Chicago Bears
2009 Season in Review:

The Chicago Bears welcomed their first Franchise QB in however long in the 2009 offseason, which rose the expectations and hopes of fans as they were able to boast a potentially Top 5 defence containing hard hitting defensive playmakers in Urlacher and Harris, a young QB with plenty of potential who has come off successful passing seasons in Jay Cutler and a solid young running back who had a promising 2008 season on the ground in Matt Forte. The keyword in the above sentence would have to be potential, as there was plenty of it, but all four of the named players, plus others, were massive disappointments. As I predicted before the 2009 season, Jay Cutler had a poor year leading this Chicago Bears team due to the fact that Chicago isn't a passer-friendly location when playing in an open Soldier Field, and it showed. Cutler threw career and league high 26 interceptions while throwing for just about 900 yards less than the previous year in Denver. As Cutler failed, so did the rest of the Chicago side as the defence had a poor year in the absence of long time leader Brian Urlacher in Week 1 for a season ending injury. Matt Forte's promising rookie season was followed by a low production sophomore year as he averaged only 58 yards a game and failed to break the 1000 rushing yard mark for the season. With his lack of production and the amount of turnovers Jay Cutler was giving away, it added up to a woeful year offensively. On the defensive side of the ball, it was clear that the era of the once dominant Chicago defence was over as they struggled to shut out teams in close games and had given up big leads. Tommie Harris was given the role of leadership with Urlacher gone, and the results show how much Urlacher meant to this team. The Bears receivers also provided minimal help to Cutler as the search for a #1 wide out in Chicago continues. The Bears were able to find some good wins throughout the season against Minnesota and the Steelers, but mid season killed them as the L's piled up. They ended the season with a disappointing 7-9 record and were the biggest under achievers in the league.

Why they could be contenders:

One thing that will help the Bears is experience after a poor year overall. Experience to the young receivers, experience to Forte as a starting back and Cutler in hostile conditions at Soldier Field. Experience to Lovie Smith as a head coach is also valuable as he lies in the hot seat for the beginning of the 2010 season. Cutler is a smart QB, and after having a year at Soldier Field with no roof to hold off the conditions, he will only come back better with the experience. The arrival of another defensive playmaker in Carolina Panthers DE Julius Peppers will be invaluable to this struggling defence and will add some much needed pressure on opposing QB's from the D-line. His presence could potentially lift the abilities of team mates and is probably one of the biggest signings of the 2010 offseason. Rod Marinelli has been put in charge of strengthening this line, and the arrival of Peppers will make things a lot easier. Pepper’s presence could also mark the return of the Pro-Bowl form of Tommie Harris which has been in hibernation for a while now. The added protection that Harris has seen for so long now as the lone threat on the D-line is sure to ease off. A dominant defensive line will set the tone for the entire defence and possibly restore the Chicago defence to one capable of winning a championship.
Another reason why the Bears could be contenders in 2010 is the fact that they now have two backs capable of starting positions that could potentially be one of the more lethal Running back duo’s in the league. Chester Taylor has been a backup for a long time and will compliment Forte well. The last time Chicago were contenders, they had a RB duo similar to the one of Forte-Taylor, which is a good sign for Bears fans.

Why they can’t be contenders:

IMO, the offense will let them down big time. My reasoning behind this is the arrival of new offensive co-ordinator Mike Martz. Mike Martz would be known as a passing mastermind and will undoubtedly be a massive help to Cutler and we will most likely see a marked improvement in his passing game. The problem? The Chicago Bears are and always will be a running football team when playing at Soldier Field. I’ve said this plenty of times about how the passing game just won’t be the deciding factor while at Soldier Field, and Mike Martz will be instilling a predominate passing game. The weather conditions aren’t there to suit this style of football, and even Lovie Smith knows that they need to be a running football team. Martz will be very reluctant to turn to the running game, which could potentially cause some unrest within the coaching staff as the offensive production slows down. Forte and Taylor are very capable in a run heavy offense, but Martz won’t be a fan of that. Add in the fact that Chicago just doesn’t have a #1 WR on their hands as Devin Hester isn’t the man. The offensive line is also very average and played a big factor in Cutler’s 26 interceptions this year. They don’t thrive in the running or passing game and are one of the many reasons why the Bears will find it hard to win football games. So if you put hostile conditions, young receivers, a poor offensive line and a QB that just came off a season with a league high 26 interceptions with an offensive co-ordinator that would be very unwilling to run the football, things don’t look promising for Mike and his team.
The Bears are also weak in their defensive backs. Their depth is weak and the Safety positions will be looking to find some solid starters for a full season. This unit has plenty of players fighting for starting spots, but it is still a worrying unit with no leaders or playmakers to be found. They will be relying heavily on the defensive line to consistently add pressure and make their job much easier. Either way, it will be very hard for Rod Marinelli to be consistently stopping the pass with his team.

Final Analysis:

The Bears are in for a tough season for mine. They made the wrong move in picking up Martz and I feel Lovie Smith will no longer have a job come mid-season if they have a poor start. The NFC North already has two very competitive teams in Minnesota and Green Bay fighting for the top spot, while Detroit look to be getting that bottom spot. My prediction, 3rd spot in the NFC North with a 5-11 record.
What’s everyone elses thoughts on the Bears? I don’t want to be writing this for nothing lol
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 9:18 am

Very nice write-up Manning Smile

Think you are pretty much spot on with the Bears. They have the potential but they just don't seem to be able to use it. If they are to have any chance Forte needs to refind his rookie form because he was very average last season. Cutler is far too inaccurate to rely on him solely, as the 26 INT's from last season show. Hester is the only game breaker they have and he is very hot and cold.

They will struggle to get a .500 season, I think if they can get 6 or 7 wins then they should be happy. This season should be about building for the next season or the one after.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:32 pm

philly wrote:
Very nice write-up Manning Smile

Think you are pretty much spot on with the Bears. They have the potential but they just don't seem to be able to use it. If they are to have any chance Forte needs to refind his rookie form because he was very average last season. Cutler is far too inaccurate to rely on him solely, as the 26 INT's from last season show. Hester is the only game breaker they have and he is very hot and cold.

They will struggle to get a .500 season, I think if they can get 6 or 7 wins then they should be happy. This season should be about building for the next season or the one after.

Cheers mate.

Thing about what you said with it being a rebuilding season, the rest of the Bears organisation wouldn't be seeing it as a rebuilding season, as they just entered a new era with the Cutler signing, as much as their roster looks like its in a rebuilding stage. I expect Lovie to be gone by mid season, they won't settle for a poor start.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 4:56 pm

I'd rate the Bears as a 7-8 win team this season. Their running game needs to improve a lot (ie: not relying 100% on Forte) and the D has to play to its potential on paper.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:58 am

ok im starting to get sick of the steelers QB situation

leftwich has been pretty much given the position and i dont think he deserves it. dixon looks brilliant from what ive seen and charlie batch our 3rd QB and most likely the steelers future QB coach said he is going to be a star of the NFL but he might have to leave pittsburgh to show his talent. Im annoyed that we could potentially let him go and play leftwich who is nothing to spectacular. his action is too slow and he doesnt escape well enough in the pocket. i can almost guarantee that he will be the most sacked QB in the comp by the time ben comes back. our o-line isnt flash and we need someone that is mobile (like dixon) who can still make great plays either throwing or running (like dixon)

any one elses thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 3:08 am

I know I wouldn't want Leftwich as my starter.
Why not give one of the younger guys a shot first? There is no real harm in letting them show what they can do before a old below averaage QB like Leftwich.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:09 pm

Give it to Dennis Dixon!! The Season Ahead - Page 2 575896
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:23 pm

They have no idea if they're going with Leftwich. Yeah, Leftwich has the experience but Dixon has a lot more potential and mobile. From what I saw of Leftwich for the Bucs last year, he was very average. He wasn't behind a very good line, but some of his decisions were just terrible. He isn't a starter and if the steelers have any chance of having a record above .500 before Ben comes back, Dixon is the man.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:48 pm

Manning18 wrote:
They have no idea if they're going with Leftwich. Yeah, Leftwich has the experience but Dixon has a lot more potential and mobile. From what I saw of Leftwich for the Bucs last year, he was very average. He wasn't behind a very good line, but some of his decisions were just terrible. He isn't a starter and if the steelers have any chance of having a record above .500 before Ben comes back, Dixon is the man.

Definitely. Plus, Dixon has the x-factor.

Here's some of his finest for Oregon.

Dixon vs. Houston - 80 yard TD.

Dixon vs. USC - Dennis plays a starring role as #5 ranked Oregon beat #12 ranked USC Trojans 24-17 in a game that will be remembered for a very, very long time.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 5:06 am

i saw a comment from someone on ESPN that i thought i would share:

Keyshipwrecker wrote:
The Steelers won their last three games last year and one of them was a win over the ravens.
They also lost 5 games by only 3 points.
They lost 2 in OT
They ended up with the exact same record as the Ravens and only lost one more game then the patriots.
I think counting them in is a mistake bit its kind of nice.
And everyone thought the Steelers had a horrible year.
Well then didnt the ravens have a bad one with the same record?

Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Brett Favre set to retire.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:46 pm

That's quite a surprise.
Was 99% sure he would be coming back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Season Ahead
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to: