Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

The Season Ahead

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

The Season Ahead - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:26 am

you would think the vikings would suffer a bit this year with that loss, def make Green Bay favourites for the division Smile
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:50 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8197bc66/article/is-this-the-end-favre-tells-vikings-officials-he-will-not-return?module=HP_headlines

there is the link if anyone is interested...

and yeah that really hurts the vikings chances for this year. i cant really see jackson stepping up to make the plays like favre did. it might mean that peterson may become the best fantasy running back this year....
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:14 pm

philly wrote:
That's quite a surprise.
Was 99% sure he would be coming back.

Well he's retired twice before and has come back. If he changes his mind, no one would be surprised. He's also walking away from $13M if he really does retire.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 12:17 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
philly wrote:
That's quite a surprise.
Was 99% sure he would be coming back.

Well he's retired twice before and has come back. If he changes his mind, no one would be surprised. He's also walking away from $13M if he really does retire.
Thats exactly what I had just thought.
A sports show over here did a thing on him and said how he had announced his retirement before but then come back.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 2:43 pm

he hasnt officially retired yet.

so favre watch continues. he said he wouldnt play though if he wasnt healthy and atm his ankle is giving him problem
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:15 am

Can't wait until next Sunday when the fins take on the Buccaneers at Sun Life Stadium. Has been more than 7 months since I last cheered on Miami so a pre-season game will do haha.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 9:23 am

Don't get too excited Liam lol, the pre-season is a massive anti-climax.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:36 am

agreed, its rather sporting the reserves with starters being lucky to play at all...i remember one year manning came in threw one pass for incompletion and then got subbed haha
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:41 am

WOW i didnt know this...terrell owens signed with the bengals for a year.

Palmer - Benson - Ochocinco - Owens.

i know the WR's are old now but still very solid options for Palmer

http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story/09000d5d8195555e/article/owens-adds-to-palmers-value-but-hes-not-an-elite-option?module=headlines
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 10:54 am

haha bit slow Razz

but on paper it looks like an awesome receiving corp... so now palmer has to step up, he now has no excuses.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:08 pm

Favre has some come out and said he's still 50/50.

I just laughed!! The Season Ahead - Page 3 48427

The Vikings have also offered him a new and improved deal to stay, $20M for the 2010/11 season with $16M guaranteed.

Surely he'll play.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 12:11 pm

i love it!

favre watch continues!!!
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:31 am

Season (in a way) kicks off tonight with Cowboys taking on the Bengals in the Hall of Fame game.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:41 am

philly wrote:
Season (in a way) kicks off tonight with Cowboys taking on the Bengals in the Hall of Fame game.

You mean tomorrow morning Wink
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:46 am

Same thing Laughing

And good news for my part of the NFL.
DeSean says he is back to 100% after his back injury Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Season Ahead   The Season Ahead - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Season Ahead
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-