Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Wallabies v Fiji

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

Wallabies v Fiji Empty
PostSubject: Wallabies v Fiji   Wallabies v Fiji Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:28 am

Wallabies v Fiji
Saturday, 7.30pm (AEST) @ Canberra Stadium

Wallabies v Fiji Aus_2733t

Wallabies: Kurtley Beale, Digby Ioane, Rob Horne, Matt Giteau, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Quade Cooper, Luke Burgess, Richard Brown, David Pocock, Rocky Elsom (c), Nathan Sharpe, Dean Mumm, Salesi Ma'afu, Huia Edmonds, Ben Alexander.

Reserves: Saia Faingaa, Pekahou Cowan, Mark Chisholm, Matt Hodgson, Josh Valentine, Drew Mitchell, James O'Connor

Fiji: Taniela Rawaqa, Sireli Bobo, Rupeni Caucaunibuca, Saula Radidi, Timoci Nagusa, Waisea Luveniyali, Emosi Vucago, Jone Qovu, Jimilai Naiadawa, Anthony Wise, Sekonaia Qaraniqio, Dominiko Waqaniburotu, Deacon Manu (c), Campese Ma'afu.

Reserves: Viliame Veikoso, Graham Dewes, Rupeni Nasiga, Malakai Volau, Vitori Buatava, Nemani Nadolo, Ropate Ratu.
Test Rugby returns! Fiji are a dangerous opposition on their day and the lads really can't take them lightly. Stoked to see Quade Cooper named at fly half, really looking forward to seeing him and Gits combine. I'm loving our backrow of Brown/Pocock/Elsom, we should really dominate at the breakdown.

Wallabies 13+, Digby Ioane to bag a double.

Guru
_fb_

Wallabies v Fiji Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v Fiji   Wallabies v Fiji Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:51 am

Up the Fijians!

The side we're fielding here isn't exactly our strongest team with a few names missing but still the team looks ok. Interesting to see that Radidi is playing at 12, he's got a similar size/bulk to Naqelevuki and sort of has a similar playing style as well. While i was looking forward to seeing how Caucau fairs up against Giteau, he is probably best on the wing so it doesn't really bother me.

Also good to see Cooper getting the recognition he deserves after a stellar season by starting at 10.

Hoping for a good performance from the boys but it's more than likely that we'll be canned, but I won't be too fussed about the result. Looking forward to seeing how our new look front row will perform.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

Wallabies v Fiji Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v Fiji   Wallabies v Fiji Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:00 pm

I wish O'Connor was starting fullback
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

Wallabies v Fiji Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v Fiji   Wallabies v Fiji Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:52 pm

Fiji had HEAPS of potential wings show up for tryouts so they had to shift some around - due to his experience *cough* they put Caucau in the midfield instead...

Expecting a hammering here though.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Wallabies v Fiji Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v Fiji   Wallabies v Fiji Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:19 am

The Tank wrote:

Your telling me. Beale is hopeless.

Looking forward to this season of Test Rugby Smile.
This will be a good hitout for the Wallabies, I cant see Fiji posing many threats but they wont be pushovers.

Wallbies to win 50-18 or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

Wallabies v Fiji Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v Fiji   Wallabies v Fiji Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 3:59 am

Wow a big win - Hang on a minute it was only Fiji - give me a break!

Bring on the All Blacks!
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

Wallabies v Fiji Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v Fiji   Wallabies v Fiji Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 6:54 am

a_F_c wrote:
The Tank wrote:

Your telling me. Beale is hopeless.

Looking forward to this season of Test Rugby Smile.
This will be a good hitout for the Wallabies, I cant see Fiji posing many threats but they wont be pushovers.

Wallbies to win 50-18 or something.

Lol Beale actually didn't play too bad. Sad news for Ashley Cooper and Alexander.
Fiji didn't look that bad first half, I thought they might come back and play a tight game...but...they didn't
Back to top Go down
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

Wallabies v Fiji Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v Fiji   Wallabies v Fiji Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 7:12 am

We looked promising in the first 50 minutes or so in the match but other than that we were pretty frustrating to watch in the later stages of the match, plenty of missed tackles and players not getting up quick enough after the tackle. 14-3 at the break was not that bad considering there was 6-7 new caps. The discipline shown by the boys at times was pretty poor as well.

Positive for us was that our scrum held up well. Our No 8, Jone Quvo was very impressive and was undoubtedly our motm.

Well done to the wallabies on the win. Cooper, Ioane and Mitchell were all very impressive.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Wallabies v Fiji Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v Fiji   Wallabies v Fiji Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:28 pm

A scratchy Wallabies performance last night, good in parts but absolutely horrible at other times.
Fiji were interesting to watch, couldve scored a couple early on but the thing that surprised me the most was how ill-disciplined they were. The prop at the end who tried to throw a punch for no reason lol, wtf? Laughing.

Thought Quade was brilliant in his first appearance at 10, sure it was only Fiji but him and Gits played really well together. Burgess is useless, his passing is awful. Beale was alright, had a shocker early on but he came into it well. Digby was great as well, feeding off the Cooper connection fro the Reds.

Looking forward to next weekend, come on England! Smile.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

Wallabies v Fiji Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v Fiji   Wallabies v Fiji Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 6:24 am

Leave Gits at 9 while Genia is out, Burgess is junk he just makes the side so slow, I have no idea what the selectors see in him. He really affected Quades game it was obvious he wasn't comfortable with the ball he was receiving.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Wallabies v Fiji Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v Fiji   Wallabies v Fiji Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:31 am

^Thats an interesting thought.

So youd go -
9 Gits
10 Quade
12 Berrick

Looks alright on paper and anything is better than Burgess lol. Awful passer. Duno if Valentine is much better either.
Hurry up and get back Will! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

Wallabies v Fiji Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v Fiji   Wallabies v Fiji Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:37 am

Yeah hes done it before and did a great job imo obviously prefer him at 10/12 but he would only have to play at 9 for a few games. Thats the thing i don't rate Valentine much at all, he's better then Burgess but so is my 80 year old Grandma.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

Wallabies v Fiji Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v Fiji   Wallabies v Fiji Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 10:44 pm

Am I the only one who thinks Patrick Phibbs is pretty decent...?
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Wallabies v Fiji Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v Fiji   Wallabies v Fiji Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:02 am

Phibbs is the second best halfback in Aussie.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Wallabies v Fiji Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v Fiji   Wallabies v Fiji Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:05 am

Genia's back for the test vs England anyway so Burgess can piss off Wallabies v Fiji 575896
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wallabies v Fiji Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v Fiji   Wallabies v Fiji Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wallabies v Fiji
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Forum free | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com