Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Sydney Media hit a new low.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

Sydney Media hit a new low. Empty
PostSubject: Sydney Media hit a new low.   Sydney Media hit a new low. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:41 pm

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/after-42-days-the-storm-should-hand-the-nrl-trophy-back/story-e6frfgbo-1225875113015

THE cheating Melbourne Storm have arrived in Sydney and The Daily Telegraph wants NRL supporters to let them know it by demanding the return of the premiership trophy.
It's been 42 days since the NRL stripped the Storm of two premierships, two minor premierships, all competition points this season and fined them $500,000.

So why is the NRL Provan-Summons Trophy still gathering dust in the Storm's headquarters in Bleak City?

Luckily for the Storm, they're yet to play a game in Sydney since being busted for systematically rorting the salary cap by giving players free home renovations, speed boats and plasma screen TVs.

Tomorrow night, Melbourne have to front at Parramatta Stadium to take on the Eels - the team they cheated against in the grand final to win last year's premiership.

It's guaranteed to be a hostile reception. The Daily Telegraph wants to give all Parramatta Eels and NRL fans the chance to boo the Storm by taking along our commemorative poster demanding they give back the NRL trophy.

The poster will be featured in Friday's The Daily Telegraph and is easy to fold and take along to Parramatta Stadium. Get involved. Take the poster along and give the Storm plenty of cheek.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously that is pathetic. Okay fair enough they don't want us to have the trophy down here but there is so much wrong with this it's not funny. One, the daily telegraph are owned bu News limited they should really be in support of the storm, secondly they are putting out a commemorative poster and encouraging people to take them to the game? Are they serious? Also, that article is so poorly written for a professional, I have seen forum members put together a more appropriately worded piece than that.

Last edited by socceroos06 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Sydney Media hit a new low.   Sydney Media hit a new low. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:44 pm

Look i hate the Storm, always have, but that is poor form by that journalist. The Trophy should leave Storm headquarters though...
Back to top Go down
SMASH
Guru
SMASH

PostSubject: Re: Sydney Media hit a new low.   Sydney Media hit a new low. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:46 pm

LOL that is shithouse 'journalism' at its finest.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Sydney Media hit a new low.   Sydney Media hit a new low. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:48 pm

That is pretty poor form, but I must admit I am looking forward to see what the Parra fans will actually do tomorrow night...
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Sydney Media hit a new low.   Sydney Media hit a new low. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:57 pm

Makes tomorrows game all the more interesting.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: Sydney Media hit a new low.   Sydney Media hit a new low. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:03 pm

build a bridge parra.. if they want to have a cry then prove themselves and beat the storm, or stfu lol.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Sydney Media hit a new low.   Sydney Media hit a new low. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:04 pm

Umm.. It's from a News Ltd paper.. same media group that owns the Storm Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
CANTERBURY BLUES
Professional
CANTERBURY BLUES

PostSubject: Re: Sydney Media hit a new low.   Sydney Media hit a new low. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:43 pm

Hope theres plenty of security there... Didnt they throw coins at Jamie Lyon a few years ago... The racist comments to Petero aswell....
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Sydney Media hit a new low.   Sydney Media hit a new low. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:07 pm

I hope the Storm win after this... i hate Sydney Media!

As for the Trophy... um that's all it is, a metal Trophy? It means nothing now, i mean the Titles have been taken away from them. So i think the Storm should do use all a favour (help shut up the Sydney Media) and give back the Trophy.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Sydney Media hit a new low.   Sydney Media hit a new low. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 2:19 pm

At least now we know how feral Sydney sports media can be.
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

PostSubject: Re: Sydney Media hit a new low.   Sydney Media hit a new low. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:01 am

"Storm cheats arrive in Sydney"

Hopefully this all fires Melbs up and they smash the Eels (hate the eels)
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Sydney Media hit a new low.   Sydney Media hit a new low. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:13 am

Lol at this article. The 'journalist' must be a Parra fan coz that reeks of bitterness.

The Storm may have cheated but theyve got my support tonight haha, I think theyll flog em.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Sydney Media hit a new low.   Sydney Media hit a new low. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:24 am

If you click on the link to that article, you will notcie that they have removed "cheating storm" LOL. Maybe they saw this thread?
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Sydney Media hit a new low.   Sydney Media hit a new low. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:25 am

Quote :
The Daily Telegraph wants to give all Parramatta Eels and NRL fans the chance to give the Storm plenty of cheek by taking along our commemorative poster demanding they give back the NRL trophy.

But not this.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Sydney Media hit a new low.   Sydney Media hit a new low. Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:14 am

Up the Storm I hope they win. I doubt Parra fans will take this poster thing to the game tonight. It's raining anyway so it won't last more than a minute.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sydney Media hit a new low.   Sydney Media hit a new low. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sydney Media hit a new low.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com