Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

The 'Stripping' Rule

Go down 
AuthorMessage
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

The 'Stripping' Rule Empty
PostSubject: The 'Stripping' Rule   The 'Stripping' Rule Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 10:45 am

So far in the season, the stripping rule has been a controversy. 2 examples of the strip are: the Thurston on Gidley in State of Origin which JT raked the ball off Gidley with another queenslander tackling gidley as well AND the Watmough on Hoffman one today in the Manly vs Broncos game.

Should the rule change slightly or keep it the same??
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

PostSubject: Re: The 'Stripping' Rule   The 'Stripping' Rule Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:13 am

Pretty sure someone had already tackled Hoffman so when Watmough comes in that's the 2nd man.

Thurston had Gids 1 on 1 and stole it then as he got the ball someone else came in.

Completely diff situations?
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: The 'Stripping' Rule   The 'Stripping' Rule Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:17 am

Yeah wtf are you talking about?

The one today was a strip because his jersey was being held onto and Watmough took it out of his hands. That is a 2 on 1 tackle.

The state of origin one, Thurston took the ball out before any other player had effected the tackle.

And no, I don't think it should change
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: The 'Stripping' Rule   The 'Stripping' Rule Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 11:36 am

The strip today was a blatant 2 on 1 strip the one in origin was 1 on 1 so I don't see any issue.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: The 'Stripping' Rule   The 'Stripping' Rule Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:39 pm

JT was fine
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: The 'Stripping' Rule   The 'Stripping' Rule Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 1:57 pm

I dont like the rule but as everyone has said, the JT in Origin and todays one by Watmough were both fine.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: The 'Stripping' Rule   The 'Stripping' Rule Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:08 pm

a_F_c wrote:
I dont like the rule but as everyone has said, the JT in Origin and todays one by Watmough were both fine.

i think hopate was hanging off hoffmans shirt when watmough did it. always a penalty
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: The 'Stripping' Rule   The 'Stripping' Rule Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:12 pm

Yeah I know. It was 100% a penalty, I just dont like the ruling but thats me lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: The 'Stripping' Rule   The 'Stripping' Rule Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 3:57 pm

I just think the onus has to be on the ball carrier to protect the ball at all costs.. The whole losing the ball when you get slightly bumped while playing the ball really bugs me.. Hold the F'n ball.. Also Players diving/crawling forward.. Penalize them for moving off the mark..
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The 'Stripping' Rule   The 'Stripping' Rule Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:30 am

I thought the refs got em both wrong because the stipping rules say 1 on 1, not 2 on 1. Regardless if the second player has a slight touch on the person who got stripped off the ball.

But yea change the rules. If the second involvement has influence on the strip, then it should be penalised. But if a player gets stripped off the ball and was gonna get stripped off anyway, regardless of the second "involvement"...then yea, you lost it fair and square.

You Lost It Fair And Square! not that Im mentioning any names:
The 'Stripping' Rule KurtgidleyThe 'Stripping' Rule 496909-josh-hoffman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'Stripping' Rule   The 'Stripping' Rule Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 'Stripping' Rule
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to: