Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Izzy replacement for origin II?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

Izzy replacement for origin II? Empty
PostSubject: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:44 am

Now that Folau is off to AFL resulting in him being dropped and injury prone Bret Tate suffering an injury again...which player should best replace Israelys centre position?
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:11 am

Slater imo will be out too, so Boyd to fullback and Tuqiri to 1 wing.

As for the other side, Im pretty sure Folau will keep his spot with no experienced replacement. Yow Yeh is being talked up as a possible candidate. Does Mogg get a mention?
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:18 am

As a NSW fan im hopping Yow Yeh is choosen but i can't see it happening one bit. Mogg is injured im pretty sure and he wouldn't even be in the top 6 or 7 QLD wingers. Michael Gordon imo could be the bolter! Izzy replacement for origin II? 575896 Although i reckon they might go with Lote.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:24 am

Slater should only get 1 week, therefore he should only miss this weeks match. Lote will come in now to the wing, but if Slater does in fact get suspended, then Boyd to fullback, Lote to 1 wing, then someone else will come in on the other wing. Yow Yeh cannot play. It would be way too premature to bring in a player like him in only his second season. I'm not sure if Michael Gordon is a Queenslander or not, but he would be next in line imo.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:35 am

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27234756-5018993,00.html

Well now Lockyer and Petero have announced that they want Folau to be picked for Origin 2.
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:47 am

Slater
Boyd
Inglis
Tonga
Folau

Slater
Boyd
Inglis
Tonga
Lote
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 6:14 am

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/58940/nsw-nightmare-hayne-lewis-both-charged/default.aspx

The NSW Blues have been dealt a double blow heading into Origin II, with Jarryd Hayne and Luke Lewis both facing judiciary charges which could see them miss the crucial Brisbane clash.

Meanwhile, Queensland can rest easy with fullback Billy Slater escaping charge following his involvement in a skuffle with Hayne on Friday night.

Eels fullback Hayne has been charged with Striking and is facing a one match ban for his involvement in this incident.

Panthers forward Lewis has been charged with a Dangerous Throw and is facing a one match ban for this tackle.

Grin
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:19 am

Ofcourse he got off. He didnt do anything wrong lol, no surprises there.
As for Folau, on form he should be picked regardless. Its clear that his heart is still in the game and I dont think he should be dropped. Although as a Broncos fan I wouldnt be too sad to see him run out for us next week lol.

Slater
Boyd
GI
Tonga
Izzy/Lote
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
esodays brah
Guru
esodays brah

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:45 am

a_F_c wrote:
As for Folau, on form he should be picked regardless. Its clear that his heart is still in the game and I dont think he should be dropped. Although as a Broncos fan I wouldnt be too sad to see him run out for us next week lol.

Slater
Boyd
GI
Tonga
Izzy/Lote

ahah bloody queenslanders. He elbowed the bloke in the head ... nothing wrong??
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:50 am

Slater totally missed Hayne's head. The intent was there obviously, but still missed him.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 11:51 am

esodays brah wrote:
a_F_c wrote:

Slater
Boyd
GI
Tonga
Izzy/Lote

ahah bloody queenslanders. He elbowed the bloke in the head ... nothing wrong??

He didnt touch him.
Like I said either in here or another thread, if he had of made a connection then sure he'd be in trouble.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:07 pm

falou should play.. if not i'll take gordon
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:14 pm

Styletix wrote:

Not sure about Gordon anymore.

I always thought he was a Queenslander but then when he was on the footy show the day after origin he said he was disappointed in the result from origin match with Queensland winning and I checked the QRL website today and he is no longer listed as a Queensland eligible player.
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 2:48 pm

I really hope he plays. Lote has been so friggen bad lately. If we win the 2nd game i wouldn't really care what happened for the 3rd match
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 3:05 pm

Izzy shouldn't be allowed to play, who the fvck would promote afl and expect to represent nrl at the same time? Even if i supported the QLDERS I still wouldn't want him.
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:02 pm

At first when i heard about Izzy going to the AFL i'm like no way should he play for QLD, now that i've gotten over the initial shock I think he should be one of the first players picked. He's in form and deserves his spot. We're meant to pick the best right?

Wendell & Lote played when they were off to union soooo it'd be unfair.
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:04 pm

Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:

Not sure about Gordon anymore.

I always thought he was a Queenslander but then when he was on the footy show the day after origin he said he was disappointed in the result from origin match with Queensland winning and I checked the QRL website today and he is no longer listed as a Queensland eligible player.

Yeah i looked at it earlier and Gordon isn't on it. He was born in NSW too....
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:29 pm

PLAYER power has saved code-hopper Israel Folau from the State of Origin scrapheap.
In a major backflip from the Queensland Rugby League, the AFL-bound Broncos superstar will today be named in the Maroons side for Origin II at Suncorp Stadium tomorrow week.

Folau's skin was saved by his peers and the ruthless Maroons selection
panel which convinced the QRL Board to soften its hardline stance.

With their foot on the throat of the hapless Blues – who stand 80 minutes away from a humiliating fifth straight Origin series loss – the Maroons have canned politics and opted for AFL's $6 million recruit on the wing.
A heart-to-heart plea from Maroons coach Mal Meninga on behalf of his players, and pressure from a selection panel intent on crushing the Blues yesterday forced QRL managing director Ross Livermore's hand.

Only three days ago, Livermore revealed that Folau would not be invited into the Maroons camp, after earlier declaring the 21-year-old had played his last Origin following his high-profile defection.
Queensland selectors were tight-lipped last night. Chairman of selectors Des Morris claimed his panel's only concern was to "come up with the best team that we think can do the job for Queensland".
The stunning about-face will give the bullocking winger the green light to play his seventh Origin match.

His inclusion ensures a happy and focused Camp Maroon with the state's playing ranks, including senior players Darren Lockyer, Petero Civoniceva and Cameron Smith behind the bid to retain the Broncos star.
The stance of Lockyer and Civoniceva, who last week endorsed the QRL's decision to dump Folau, softened over the weekend as it became clear their peers were firmly in Folau's corner.

The loss of Folau's most likely replacement, Brent Tate, to a broken jaw in Auckland on Sunday only strengthened their resolve.
Folau's selection again denies dual international and Wests Tigers star Lote Tuqiri an Origin return.

In the only other changes from the Maroons' victorious Game One team, vice-captain Cameron Smith will return from injury at the expense of Matt Ballin, while Broncos-bound Bulldogs prop Ben Hannant replaces the injured Civoniceva.

Hannant will probably start from the bench and Test prop David Shillington should earn a promotion to the starting side after his strong display in the series opener in Sydney.

Boom Broncos flyer Jharal Yow Yeh is tipped to be the squad's only fresh face, but barring incident he will remain on the sidelines tomorrow week, having replaced clubmate Ben Te'o as 18th man.
Yow Yeh is expected to enter camp with the Maroons today and will be released to play against the Rabbitohs at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday before rejoining the Queensland squad.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 5:52 pm

Great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We all knew common sense would eventually prevail.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 6:01 pm

Meh, either way i was pleased. I still don't think he should have played, but now he is it's all good, just strengthens the team. Smith and Hannant back are huge inclusions too. 5 in a row, bring on Wednesday week!
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 6:30 pm

Sailor and Tuqiri were never dropped after signing with union so it wouldn't be fair on Israel to be dropped and atleast Izzy was honest unlike Hunt who kept it secret until after origin the money hungry grub.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Yeah if you put it that way it only seems fair i guess. Having Folau in the team only makes us even stronger.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 6:40 pm

I'm happy either way if they pick him QLD's team is stronger next Wednesday if they don't the Broncos are stronger come next Sunday so It's win win really.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Izzy replacement for origin II?   Izzy replacement for origin II? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Izzy replacement for origin II?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
How to make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com