Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Empty
PostSubject: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:27 am

One word for it and that is disgusting. There is three players who at the very least have put them in the selection frame.

Nathan Merritt- as per usual, he looks to of eclipsed his average annual try scoring count, Merritt averages 17.7 tries a year over a Loooooooooong period of time, how much more consistent do you want out of a player, His defence has also been a major improvement in recent times and he is up there with the best defenders as well.

Beau Champion- Equal leading try scorer and has made the most line-breaks for a centre in the competition, has formed a deadly combination on that right side with Merritt. Champion is the best angle runner in the comp and his defence has also improved out of sight. Better player then Idris that's for sure, Idris only has his size, non-existant defence and is has no idea how to mark.

John Sutton- Has one of the most intimidating bombs in the competition, and is a monster to stop close to the line, Most attacking assists produced in the NRL out of anyone and has shown for three seasons now that he is a top player, He has improved as a week to week player and If he isn't the best five-eighth in the competition from a NSW's perspective I don't know who is.

NSW selectors have only picked players that has come for other clubs who just so happened to be playing for us.

Wingy- We all know he is a Cock lover, Was only ever at Souths for the money and has little care in the world he was our junior.

Crocker- Incumbent Origin Player, He was always gunna be selected no matter who he played for, Even Cronulla!.

Harrison- He was close to the best Lock forward in the NRL around 2004/2005 with possible exception to Ben Kennedy, and after 1 and a bit years of playing like a champion, he only just manages to get a bench spot for game 3 (which im sure was a dead rubber)

Taylor- Not discrediting his talent and ability but Queensland Selectors love him, I wouldn't be the least bit suprised if he was selected even if he was showing half of his form.
------------------------------
when asked about Sutton, Laurie Daley came out in the press saying that he does not rate John Sutton which was the reason they chose Kris Keating as Anasta's replacement in City Country Game.

Let's face it, Daley has always had something against Souths, He can barely even accept we are playing good football now yet he is still fining ways to omit our players from rep level.

NSW have gone with the same or similar core in the last 4 seasons, you will at least half a dozen players played for the team 4 years ago as well, How is that working for ya NSW?.

I don't believe half of the best eligible NSW players are wearing the jumper or have done so before. I'd question alot of names that was named last night.

NSW Selectors have basically destroyed any sort of sacred monument that the Jersey has, Jason King was a ridiculous call and i really don't know whether he was lucky dipped or won a bingo raffle.

Tom Learoyd-Lahrs is utter rubbish, 17 tackles and 10 hit-ups in 47 minutes, He's also registered no tries this season or any assists.

David Shillington, basically the same...He is a absolute abysmal defender and is entirely in-consistent, Is an impact player at best.

Beau Scott, 1 try, 20 tackles, 10 hit-ups, 1 line-break. Solid player. But omitting Champion for him is totally immoral, Champion scored 14 tries, averages 15 tackles, 10 line-breaks and a bunch of other assists as well.

Where the hell is Liam Fulton?, or Aidan Tolman or Chris Heighington?. as other examples.

Laurie Daley you are the biggest goose of them all, Hope you choke on your humble pie after NSW loses YET another series.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:50 am

I agree to an extent. Yes, Daley has no idea and I'm sure has something against Souths. Also there have plenty of ridiculus selections by NSW in the past, thats common knowledge at this point and there are plenty of players that could have made it and surely could have recived a call up during one of the 4 Origin series.

Luke Stuart for one has been one of the more consistent props in the game and only received his first City call up last year. He has definitely shown signs of age this year and probably hasn't been at his best. I wouldn't have called him up this year, but in previous years he has deserved a call up.

As for Merrit, his consistency over his career has been incredible. One of the safer wingers in the game atm and has been in the Top 5 tryscorers just about every year for the last 4 or 5 years. His size has been the only issue for selectors and otherwise, he would have to make it. I feel after so many years of missing out to mediocre players like Davd Williams, his chances are gone and even he admits it himself. Size is what the NSW side wants. Clearly who they've gone for haven't worked out and it reall is a shame Merrit won't get selected.

Champion's form would warrant selection as well and I believe he is a definite choice for the team next year on current form. He has turned himself into a top defensive centre who can really run a hole like DD said. As we become more of a comptetitive team in the competition with this new era, his form will force selectors who have strayed away from Souths players over the years. Sutton probably was barely a chance of making it. Whilst I will say he has been much better than Barrett this year, his consistency and ability to take control of a game hasn't come around as much this year as it did in the past. When the consistency comes, Sutton will be there. His kicking game is also an issue.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:56 am

Wow, a rant by DD that I actually agree in some part with. Whats the world coming to?! Laughing.

The NSW Selectors havent got a clue and tbh I love it Wink. Daley especially needs to give himself an uppercut.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:41 am

Look at your best players this season....

Dave Taylor - playing origin
Issac Luke - Kiwi
Sam Burgess - Dirty Pom

No way are Champion, Merritt and Sutton origin quality.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:49 am

Quick question Rabbit.

Do you actually watch any football or do you just wait until the weekend is over read the stats and decide who the best players are based off of there stats?
Back to top Go down
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:01 pm

If theres any team that are being ignored by NSW selectors it would quite easily be the Tigers. In the time that NSW haven't won a series, only two tigers players have been called up and they were only in the side for a short time.

How Heighington and Lawrence haven't been considered is beyond me along with Payten, Galloway and Fulton who are all origin worthy. Heighington is built for origin and if Beau Scott is in the sights of NSW selectors then I don't see why Lawrence doesn't deserve a gig, I'd at least have him there ahead of Idris. Payten is a far better prop than Brett White and if Galloway wasn't injured he would surely have a place in the side ahead of White.

I'm not that fussed as to why Ennis is picked ahead of Farah as there is only a bee's dick between the two.

someone ins NSWRL needs to stand up and set things straight with the selectors who clearly have no clue at the moment.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:05 pm

^^ to add to your response about the Tigers being ignored, if Tim Moltzen wasn't injured, he would've been in the squad as the fullback of Game 2 OR the utility on the bench.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:14 pm

why heighington hasnt been considered is a bloody crime
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:20 pm

Agree to an extent...Sutton and Champion are not origin quality, however compared to who was selected, they probably are.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:14 pm

NRL_Fanatic wrote:
^^ to add to your response about the Tigers being ignored, if Tim Moltzen wasn't injured, he would've been in the squad as the fullback of Game 2 OR the utility on the bench.

Moltzen could prove to be a great utility player off the bench, starting at half or even fullback. He's only 21, give him a few seaons and hey maybe he could be halfback for State of Origin.
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:15 pm

NRL_Fanatic wrote:

no comment on moltzen.. just lol
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:17 pm

NRL_Fanatic wrote:

Errrrrrr

Gidley, Hayne and Dugan are all ahead of him.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:32 pm

Merritt - theres better players out there
Champion - theres better players out there
Sutton - theres better players out there

that would prob be why...
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 3:40 pm

also Fulton is injured and Tolman wouldn't be up to Origin fitness just yet
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:19 pm

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Look at your best players this season....

Dave Taylor - playing origin
Issac Luke - Kiwi
Sam Burgess - Dirty Pom

No way are Champion, Merritt and Sutton origin quality.

Merritt I think should be there abouts, he is a good finisher.

Champion no way.

Sutton off the bench as a utility maybe.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:35 pm

Styletix wrote:

Yet they name Barrett (Sutton is a way better attacking player), Idris/Cooper (Champion is a much better defender then Idris and a better hole runner then Cooper ever was or ever will be), and a fullback in Hayne on the wing for game 1 and a center in Tahu on the wing for game 2 Evil or Very Mad Not saying that all 3 players should be there, but there is no way in hell that there are better players being named in their positions.. NSW need to score points and the ready made Champion/Merrit combination is just about the best in the game for try scoring so far this year..
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 10:40 pm

Tanswell87 wrote:
Quick question Rabbit.

Do you actually watch any football or do you just wait until the weekend is over read the stats and decide who the best players are based off of there stats?

He obviously watches the game more closely then the NSW selectors..
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:59 am

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Styletix wrote:

Yet they name Barrett (Sutton is a way better attacking player), Idris/Cooper (Champion is a much better defender then Idris and a better hole runner then Cooper ever was or ever will be), and a fullback in Hayne on the wing for game 1 and a center in Tahu on the wing for game 2 Evil or Very Mad Not saying that all 3 players should be there, but there is no way in hell that there are better players being named in their positions.. NSW need to score points and the ready made Champion/Merrit combination is just about the best in the game for try scoring so far this year..

you have fair points and im not saying at all that these players shouldnt be in the mix as there are indeed very good players.

Merritt - very good finisher however i feel hayne needs to be in the side with the class he has. And Brett Morris is probably the best finisher in the game atm so that takes up both wings when Gidley is a fullback, which he prob will be. However i would have Merritt over tahu on the wing for sure.

Champion - Had a good year but not really much before that. Atm i would still have cooper(quality defending), jennings + j morris(lethal in attack) all ahead of him. Its seems the selectors also have Scott, Idris and Tahu ahead of him as well so there isnt much room for him.

Sutton - Probably the closest of the 3 and could well get a bench spot before too long. It seems they've gone with experience in Barrett which is what they need atm.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 4:11 am

Anyway glad they didn't get picked.. We're already decimated enough as it is..
Back to top Go down
Ashes
Guru
Ashes

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 2:25 pm

I thought this was gunna be about the Titans, my mistake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!   One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One origin contingent for a side coming 3rd!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com