Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Wallabies v England

Go down 
AuthorMessage
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Wallabies v England Empty
PostSubject: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Wallabies vs England

Subiaco Oval, Perth.
Saturday 12th June, 8pm.

Teams:
Wallabies: 15. James O'Connor, 14. Digby Ioane, 13. Rob Horne, 12. Berrick Barnes, 11. Drew Mitchell, 10. Quade Cooper, 9. Luke Burgess, 8. Richard Brown, 7. David Pocock, 6. Rocky Elsom (c), 5. Nathan Sharpe, 4. Dean Mumm, 3. Salesi Ma'afu, 2. Saia Faingaa, 1. Ben Daley.
Reserves: 16. Huia Edmonds, 17. James Slipper, 18. Mark Chisholm, 19. Matt Hodgson, 20. Will Genia, 21. Peter Hynes, 22. Kurtley Beale.

England: 15 Ben Foden, 14. Mark Cueto, 13. Mike Tindall, 12. Shontayne Hape, 11. Chris Ashton, 10. Toby Flood, 9. Danny Care, 8. Nick Easter, 7. Lewis Moody (c), 6. Tom Croft, 5. Tom Palmer, 4. Simon Shaw, 3. Dan Cole, 2. Steve Thompson, 1. Tim Payne.
Reserves: 16. George Chuter,17. David Wilson, 18 Courtney Lawes, 19. James Haskell, 20. Ben Youngs, 21. Jonny Wilkinson, 22. Mathew Tait.

The first real test of the season for the Wallabies after the mauling of Fiji last week comes against the old enemy in Perth on Saturday.
For the Wallabies, Matt Giteau has been ruled out with a hip injury, Berrick Barnes comes into the 12 jersey and Peter Hynes moves onto the bench.

Ill be supporting England in this one obviously but ill be keeping an eye on the Wallabies for the upcoming test against Ireland and Tri-Nations so ill be hoping that the Aussie boys can perform well also. I cant see England winning, just hope that we can put up a good fight.

My Tip - Wallabies by 13.

Discuss!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 5:48 am

I'm liking the look of that backline. Disappointing that Gits has been ruled out. He takes plenty of pressure off Cooper, plus his kicking game will be missed for sure. Although I think our backline has plenty of points in it, Barnes is a more then handy replacement.

Big test for our young front row tonight. It's crucial we get on top early at scrum time, otherwise it could be a long night. Also, James Slipper on the bench. Massive bolter, he only played two or three games last season.

Should be a ripper, Wallabies in a close one for mine.

Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:34 pm

Well the Wallabies got up 27-17.

Really gutsy win to be honest. As expected we got smashed at the scrum. The Poms front row dominated from the get go and both their tries were actually from penalty tries. England had a shitload of ball in our 22, but our defence was solid which was great to see.

Quade Cooper was our best, he was named MOTM. Drew Mitchell and James O'Connor both played well, as did Rocky Elsom.

It wasn't the greatest of performances, but it's always nice to get a win over the Poms. Very Happy

Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 10:52 pm

Panthers wrote:
I'm liking the look of that backline. Disappointing that Gits has been ruled out. He takes plenty of pressure off Cooper, plus his kicking game will be missed for sure. Although I think our backline has plenty of points in it, Barnes is a more then handy replacement.

Big test for our young front row tonight. It's crucial we get on top early at scrum time, otherwise it could be a long night. Also, James Slipper on the bench. Massive bolter, he only played two or three games last season.

Should be a ripper, Wallabies in a close one for mine.

lol

Was pleased with the boys effort last night. Was happy with Cooper, Burgess and Daley. Our scrum needs to improve. In the end, we held on for a convincing win.
Also, I thought our kicking game was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:58 am

Matt Giteau and Will Genia both return for the second Test tonight, AAC has been named on the bench...

Quote :
James O'Connor, Digby Ioane, Rob Horne, Matt Giteau, Drew Mitchell, Quade Cooper, Will Genia, Richard Brown, David Pocock, Rocky Elsom (capt), Nathan Sharpe, Dean Mumm, Salesi Ma'afu, Saia Faingaa, Ben Daley

Res: Huia Edmonds, James Slipper, Mark Chisholm, Matt Hodgson, Luke Burgess, Berrick Barnes, Adam Ashley-Cooper
Two big in's for us in Gits and Genia. Hopefully our front row can put in a much better performance tonight. Pretty sure it's the first time Genia/Cooper have both played in the halves together in a Test. We should be too good once again, I'm tipping us by 12 or there abouts.

Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:56 am

Yeah great to see Giteau back. Want to see an improvent from our forards especially in the scrum. Back line look the goods. Looking forward to this one
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:08 pm

I think this will be a drubbing. Wallabies by 25 or something.
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 3:00 pm

Wallabies were awful. Tight 5 are far too soft for international rugby
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 3:30 pm

Bahaha go England Laughing.
Safe to say I wasnt expecting that.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:42 pm

I think we will be keeping hold of the Bledisloe for another year

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 2:51 am

Giteau missed from right infront? wtf how do you miss that!
He had a shocker with the boot lastnight. I really did not see England winning that game, but full credit goes to them. Quade Cooper played well and so to our forwards like Mumm and Daley. Our scrum had also improved a lot from the last game
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 5:22 am

^^

Cooper played crap last night mate as much as i hate to say it, he really got found out. As did alot of our players to be honest.. Genia just wasn't himself he still looks hampered by injury and O'Connor had one of his worst games in a long time. Although i do agree with you on our forwards, they did step up and that was really pleasing. However credit must go to the Poms they just took the game to us and wanted it more. God i hated saying that.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:10 am

O'Connor isn't made for international rugby. He failing already this year and failed in the tri-nations last year. AAC should be permanent FB, he's the man!

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:30 am

Poor stuff from the wallabies, has to be said. Giteau didn't bring his kicking boots and Genia and Cooper both had poor games.

Must say the fox commentary was ridiculous, kearns was being a dickhead the whole match, ridiculing the ref's name and accent. poor stuff from him.
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 6:44 am

Yea and once the Wallabies got down they just started abusing the refs decisions, was hard to listen to
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 3:00 pm

I was surprised to see England playing some form of running rugby at times too lol. Most of the time when ive watched NH rugby its a couple of phases, kick it away. Couple of phases, kick it back.
Zzzzzz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wallabies v England   Wallabies v England Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wallabies v England
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com