Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

ABs vs Wales (1st Test)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Empty
PostSubject: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:22 am

All Blacks: Israel Dagg, Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Benson Stanley, Joe Rokocoko, Dan Carter, Jimmy Cowan, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw, Victor Vito, Anthony Boric, Brad Thorn, Ben Franks, Keven Mealamu, Owen Franks.
Reserves: Aled de Malmanche, Tony Woodcock, Sam Whitelock Adam Thomson, Piri Weepu, Aaron Cruden, Richard Kahui.

So Vito has been given a start ahead of Kaino who drops out of the 22 altogether (I think he was slightly injured?), otherwise the starting XV is the same. Woodcock replaced Tialata as the reserve prop, Thomson takes the reserve loose role and Kahui replaces Guildford.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:30 am

Is Woodcock stuck behind Franks now or will he still be our first choice loosehead come the Tri-Nations?
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:51 am

poor guildford. roko didnt deserve his call up
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:16 am

Woodcock's still working his way back into form - guess we'll see how it goes...I though Tialata did well in his time on and wouldn't be surprised to see Woodcock and Tialata both start in the next game.

I Roko deserved the callup actually mania, but definitely feel for Guildford.
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 9:21 am

Vito was up to nothing last week in a game that should have suited him so will be even worse this week
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:05 pm

Kahui is rubbish! Zac should be starting with Joe on the bench.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:32 pm

big call hendo but i agree. roko may have performed for the blues but that was because the blues collectively looked terrible. last weekend sure roko tried looking for work but was no where near effective vs a sub standard irish side

i'd really like to see a back 3 of guildford jane and dagg. maybe not for the triNations but we need to trial it before then.
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:33 pm

oh yes kahui has been rubbish...that'll be SBW's spot when he turns up
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 10:38 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing a back trio of Dagg, Jane and Mils...
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:54 am

pantherus wrote:

3 fullbacks, novel. tho they do have the speed to play wing. who would be the FB?
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:13 am

NZs best backline for 2010 world cup

9 cowan
10 carter
11 guilford
12 SBW (if he lives up to the hype)
13 conrad smith
14 jane
15 dagg

20 mathewson
21 colin slade
22 ben smith
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:14 am

and PS, mils is a hack. there no way he should even get a look in with the other fullbacks we got at the moment
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:39 am

Nonu nowhere to be seen willy?

Mils is solid - he's probably past his prime, getting on a bit, and suffereing a horrid run of injuries - but a hack? give me a break.
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:42 am

yea nonu has the ability to win a game, but is a greater chance to lose the game under pressure by doing something dumb, or just a general lapse in concentration. so for that reason i left him out. there is enough flair and linebreaking ability in that backline
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:48 am

mania wrote:
pantherus wrote:

3 fullbacks, novel. tho they do have the speed to play wing. who would be the FB?

Mils would be fullback, though that's more because Dagg and Jane would be more capable on the wing than him - but all three are solid defensively and under the highball, and more importantly all three are arguably the best counter-attackers from broken play.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:50 am

willyhbhs wrote:
yea nonu has the ability to win a game, but is a greater chance to lose the game under pressure by doing something dumb, or just a general lapse in concentration. so for that reason i left him out. there is enough flair and linebreaking ability in that backline

He hasn't been doing that nearly as much of late though - in the latter half of the Canes he almost singlehanded was winning matches and was one of the most consistent in the team (behind Vito and Paterson).
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 2:58 am

Conrad was the most consistent for the Hurricanes. Patterson is just Isaac Ross all over again but not as good with ball in hand and Vito wasn't playing at Karl Lowe's level
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 3:18 am

True about Conrad - being Mr. Consistency it's easy to take it for granted Smile

Bit unfair about Paterson, he did a lot of hard grafting work and was tossed back and forth between lock, blindside and bench which won't have helped

I guess your opinion of Vito pretty well matches mine of Read eh? Smile
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 4:11 am

have to agree that lowe was of a much higher standard than Vito, though in Vito's defence his game has improved massively lately. waste of speed in 6 tho should b moved to 8, he's faster than read.

paterson had a good season but its a moot point as he's going over seas

nonu's grown up and matured in the last 3 years. he pretty much carried the canes in the latter games.

back 3 of dagg, mills and jane definately good against the saffa's
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:52 am

The difference is almost everybody realises Read is good, the jury is still out on Vito
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 11:12 am

Almost everybody eh? You do think a lot of yourself don't you...?
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:34 pm

No I just think the NZ rugby public now realise he is good, he has won alot of people over since he started
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 10:50 pm

He has come a long way, no arguments there, but there are still a fair few people (myself included) who think he's highly overrated and has his failings masked by consistently playing in tandem with the likes of McCaw - let's not forget he was pushed to the blindside to accomodate Thomas Waldrom (leaving AB George Whitelock on the bench) for much of the Crusaders' season.

But hey - time will tell eh Wink
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:22 am

So PUMPED for this ABs vs Wales (1st Test) 575896 ! Its gonna be so entertaining imo. Hopping Dagg can reproduce his performance that he had against Ireland.

Not too sure about Vito starting tbh. But might aswell let him have a wee go. Happy to see the front row the same for the 2nd test in a row! Hope we keep the front row the same for much of the international season.

Thinkg the All Blacks might smash wales tomorrow night. AB's by 40. ABs vs Wales (1st Test) 575896
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Ohh no one has posted since the game was played lol.

Im glad Henry has stuck with Dagg at fullback, I really thought he would have been overlooked for these games. Hes really playing out of his skin and fits in very well with the boys. I wonder what will happen when Mils comes back?

I would like to see Dagg start the tri nations with Rokocko/Jane on the flanks. Mils to be bought in slowly off the bench. I wonder what the team will be for the 2nd game against Wales?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (1st Test)   ABs vs Wales (1st Test) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ABs vs Wales (1st Test)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com