Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

NSW Side for Game III

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

NSW Side for Game III Empty
PostSubject: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:44 am

Barring Injuries, QLD Unchanged

NSW is a different story.

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Michael Jennings
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Brett Finch
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Luke Bailey (SOS or whatever you have to do to get him back)
9. Robbie Farah
10. Aiden Tolman (honestly he is the best or 2nd best blues prop to Bailey in the NRL at age 21)
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Paul Gallen
13. Luke Lewis

14. John Sutton
15. Michael Weyman
16. Ben Creagh
17. Kurt Gidley
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:50 am

1. Kurt Gidley
2. Jarred Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. Brett Finch
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Luke Bailey
9. Robbie Farah
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Paul Gallen
13. Luke Lewis

14. Greg Bird
15. Willie Mason
16. Ben Creagh
17. Michael Weyman
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:54 am

i reckon that hayne, pearce and ennis have to stay in the side for the next game and at least for the next two series.

the only real difference between NSW and QLD is that QLD is actually a team and know how to work together.. While NSW havent had the same halves combination for a series. NSW have to build around hayne at fullback, pearce as HB and Ennis as hooker.

I also believe they have to F*** off gidley completely. Hindmarsh should be in the 2nd row at all times.

NSW have to pick a side a stick with it so they can become a team rather than a group of individuals running about on the field
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:00 am

Rozza wrote:
1. Kurt Gidley
2. Jarred Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. Brett Finch
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Luke Bailey
9. Robbie Farah
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Paul Gallen
13. Luke Lewis

14. Greg Bird
15. Willie Mason
16. Ben Creagh
17. Michael Weyman

I reckon 7 of your players that you have in your team have won a series before which is good for the experience for the team and it is a strong lineup as well
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 3:17 am

May I just say that, This game coming up is a dead-rubber. I'd have no hesistations to give Sutton a go, It's a must perform game for him if he gets the opportunity, If he fluffs it then he may not get another shot again in his career, But it could be the breakthrough NSW need and it will really make the NSW selecting panel look stupid if it comes off, especially Laurie Daley.
Back to top Go down
elmago
Rookie
elmago

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 4:24 am

Finch isn't the answer IMO, especially in a dead rubber.

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Michael Jennings
5. Josh Morris
6. Greg Bird
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Luke Douglas
9. Robbie Farah
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Luke Lewis

14. Todd Carney
15. Ben Creagh
16. Michael Weyman
17. Willie Mason

Gallen for Watmough if Watmough isn't fit in time. Also, NSW must stick with Pearce, he should be the NSW halfback for the next five years.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 5:07 am

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Michael Jennings

5. Akiula Uate
6. Terry Campese
7. Mitch Pearce
8. Aidan Tolman
9. Michael Ennis

10. Luke Bailey
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Luke O'Donnell
16. Jason King
16. Michael Weyman.

Those in red are the players which I believe we should keep in successive games, the core of the team to establish within the next few years, We've seen with QLD that they stick with their players and rarely change, and this has been happening for the last 5 or so years.
Keeping the same squad brings stability and comfortability within the players, bringing upon mateship.
Someone said "QLD are a bunch of mates who enjoy their footy, wheras NSW look like they're a bunch of players who were just assembled minutes before the game"

No tip ons, no run arounds, no good plays... NSW doesn't have any.

Campese/Pearce. Campese is a leader for the Raiders and can be a leader for NSW. Good solid defender with plenty of attacking flair. Pearce should be the 7 for along time to come - give him time and you'll see him mature as a fine Origin player.

Lyon/Morris. Lyon can compliment Morris with some good ball and space. Morris, being very nippy, will enjoy the space. Firepower is what we need, and Lyon/Jennings/Morris provides flair and attack.

The backrow - Hindy must stay. Defence is phenomenal, workrate exceptional. Gallen and Watmough provides agression, good line running and some solid defence.

The props - this is where I think we're missing the point. Weyman is a good player, no doubt, yet I think he doesn't have the speed and aglitiy to start the game. Bring him off the bench as an impact player, along with King/Mannah, light running forwards who are inexperienced, yet enthusiasm brings you a long way.

Bailey must be a prop. Tolman will be there for many years, and Bailey can provide experience for the young Dog to be.
Do this and I reckon we'll have a series winning formula.. i'd hope.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 6:36 am

Luke O'Donnell definatly wont be there for game 3.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 7:29 am

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Michael Jennings
5. Akuila Uate
6. Trent Barrett
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jason King
9. Michael Ennis
10. Luke Bailey
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley
15. TLL
16. Luke Douglas
17. Michael Weyman.

The back line i chose is the same as Manly4lyf's one. I agree that Uate should play, he is a freak of a player and should be there for game 3. Barrett and Pearce will probably be there, although Campese could come in. King should be in the starting team imo, he has been very good this season. I think Bailey should also be in the team, why he wasn't there for this series is beyond me. Brett White needs to F*** off. The backrow should be what i have chosen, no different. Obviously Gidley will be the utility, TLL will probs be there, and Weyman. Luke Douglas should be in Origin, why he hasn't debuted yet is a joke, most underrated forward in the NRL.
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:42 am

1. Kurt Gidley (C)
2. Jaryd Hayne
3. Micheal Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Brett Morris
6. Terry Campese
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Micheal Weyman
9. Micheal Ennis
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Paul Gallen
13. Luke Lewis

14. Greg Bird
15. TLL
16. Luke Douglas
17. Anthony Watmough
Back to top Go down
Maoriczar
Professional
Maoriczar

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:53 am

gidley c
hayne
lyons
lewis put him on inglis
b morris
campese
kimmorley but pearce is just as good
bailey
farah
kite
hindmarsh if lastnight is his last,nsw is dead
watmough
gallen

j morris
weyman
learoyd-lahrs
waterhouse
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:32 am

What NSW need are players that are able to look good in a losing side, and thats what QLD have all over the park. Players who can look good in a losing side are players that you know will give their all for the full 80mins and thats what you need in Origin. Forget players that are dirty and the so called 'Origin-type' players, you need players who will have a go. That is why I wouldn't put Sutton anywhere near the side.

I haven't seen Sutton is a lazy player in defense who can take himself completely out of a game. When Souths lose, Sutton is most likely one of the quietest players on the team (At least Sandow is having a go, failing or not). When the going gets tough and the other side has turned up, Sutton goes missing. Sutton then looks like a superstar when teams pretty much don't turn up, like Penrith, the Tigers, Cowboys and Bulldogs. The 5/8th position is the biggest question with this side and IMO Campese is the man for the job. He basically runs that Canberra side, like Sutton, but never gives up or goes missing. As many have said, the core of the side has to be kept for the long term.

1. Jaryd Hayne - may be one of those players who can give up and take too many risks, but his class is a level above anyone in the team. I guess he'sa like Inglis as both can go missing.
2. Nathan Merrit - Now I know I'll be shot down for bias with this call, but he is one of those players who turns up every week and has the ability to look good in a losng side, which is the crtieria I am looking for. Against the Broncos he looked great and has probably scored more tries than anyone over the last 4 years. IMO, he would have been a much better option than the David Williams' and Steve Turners. IMO, those wingers only lookeed good in a premiership contending side. Souths are probably experiencing their first year in the top 6 at this point for a while, but Merrit has been performing in this under-performing side. Though, I highly doubt he will make it.
3. Jamie Lyon - Classy centre who is just as good in attack and defence. His passion for the Blue Jersey can be questioned, but would be in the Top 5 centres in the game and can't be skipped over.
4. Michael Jennings - Probably would have rather Beau Scott, but Jennings' attacking capabilities are of the best of any centre in the game. Defence is worry v Inglis though.
5. Brett Morris - An Australian Winger, can't be skipped over.
6. Terry Campese - Explanation is above
7. Mitchell Pearce - Another who was the stadnout in a poor Roosters side. His confidence wasn't there to take on too much attacking responsibility in Game II, but you can't keep changing this important position.
8. Michael Weyman -Doesn't give up, might get knoecked over a few times but gets right back up. Its what you need.
9. Michael Ennis - You need consistency in the halves and Ennis won't go missing in a game like this.
10. Aiden Tolman - Is dominating at such a young age, needs a call up.
11. Anthony Watmough - One of the best backrowers in the game. Will provide plenty of impact and again, doesn't give up.
12. Nathan Hindmarsh - Will probably get droped after game II for the wrong reasons. He was faultless in Game II and adds the much needed experience.
13. Paul Gallen - Needs to get a few penalties out of his game, but his work rate is great and has looked great in a losing side for so long.

14. Kurt Gidley - Captain, won't get dropped and played well in Game II.
15. Kade Snowden - Just like Gallen, performed well in a side that hasn't. Needs to be called up sooner or later.
16. Brett White - HAs plenty of passion and won't get dropped
17. Luke Lewis - A great player who will add plenty of impact.

I have chosen two front rowers on the bench since all 3 backrowers are able to play 80mins.
Back to top Go down
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:38 am

I'd really hate to see Uate in a sky blue jersey. he was born in bred in fiji up until his teen years, so i doubt he has much connection as a nswman or let alone australia. the RLIF really needs to pull their heads in and push for a legitimate international programme for nations like fiji , samoa etc. and give them some sort of benefit in keeping their players.

and the fact that he did play for the nsw u19 squad means nothing as it's not an origin match in its sense, more so a development match. and didn't SBW represent the nsw u19 side?

so until then get your grubby hands off the FIJIAN flyer.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:07 am

NSW should pick a team of Origin players. They should pick both youth and experience. NSW need to pick a fullback, halfback, 5/8 and hooker and stick with them for the years to come.
My team,

1. Hayne - Second best fullback in the country. Still young, and has proven to be dangerous at Origin level. Gidley is better off coming from the bench.
2. B Morris - Young and quick. Stick by him and he will become better at Origin.
3. Lyon - Defence and attack, also provides some experience. As Manning said, he has passion for NSW
4. Jennings - Young and exciting. Would love to see him have time to grow in the NSW jumper. He'll be a very good player for a very long time.
5. Uate - An exciting prospect. It's a dead rubber so let him loose, see how he goes.
6. Campese - Has good defence and attack. He's 25 so we have to stick by him. He'll work well with Pearce.
7. Pearce - I don't need to tell you why he should be here, you all know why.
8. Weyman - Has that Origin factor. Gains heaps of metres and is solid in defence.
9. Ennis - More Origin factor about him than Farah, though Farah is probably the better player. We must stick by Ennis.
10. Tolman - Origin made. Still very young too. I think Baily has retired from rep footy..
11. Hindmarsh (c) - Experience and can be effective in both defence and attack. Hindmarsh should have never been dropped
12. Watmough - same reason as Pearce
13. Gallen - Brings grunt to the team. Solid player and gives his all for NSW

14. Gidley - Utility player. Can play half, 5/8, hooker or fullback.
15. L Lewis - Read Pearce.
15. Douglas - 24yrs so will be around for a while. He's Origin made. Defence is solid
16. TLL - He's really effective off the bench. Provides that X factor NSW need.

Unlucky to Creagh and Waterhouse
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:16 am

Maoriczar wrote:
gidley c
hayne
lyons
lewis put him on inglis
b morris
campese
kimmorley but pearce is just as good
bailey
farah
kite
hindmarsh if lastnight is his last,nsw is dead
watmough
gallen

j morris
weyman
learoyd-lahrs
waterhouse

A centre off the bench won't work. Not with Idris or Morris lastyear, it has to be someone who can play in the halves.
Back to top Go down
Maoriczar
Professional
Maoriczar

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:24 am

it will work manning.j morris takes haynes wing and gidley slotting in 4 farah when givin rest
hayne
morris
lyons
lewis
morris
what the nsw need is a balanced backline doesnt heavily relive on defence.dont need another halve on the bench.look what's it's done 4 ya's.5 in the row with many more 2 come.nsw is just not that good anymore

Last edited by Maoriczar on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Maoriczar
Professional
Maoriczar

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:26 am

and manning.the bench dont need 3 front rowers.that's silly in alot of ways buddy
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:36 am

What killed NSW in Game one was the amont of positional changes. Basically the whole side was mixed around and players were out of position. All you need is someone who can play in the halves like Gidley who can take over Ennis and players will have the same roles for the whole game. I'm pretty sure Game one started with:

1. Gidley
2. Hayne
3. Tahu
4. Cooper
5. Morris
6. Lyon
7. Kimmorley

To something which I think was this or similar:
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Lyon
4. Tahu
5. Idris
6. Gidley
7. Kimmorley

That's basically a whole backline shift. If it was a player like Gidley off the bench, any position could be filled. In Morris or Idris' case, they can only take centre and wing. NSw have tried the impact player off the bench in both of thiese two and it has brought nothing. You can't blame 5 losses in a row on a simple bench utility, as both methods have failed, but the safer option must be taken.

If you're saying I have 3 front rowers on the bench, I'm not sure, but isn't Lewis a backrower? didn't think so...
Back to top Go down
Maoriczar
Professional
Maoriczar

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:43 am

awww manning u sound heartbroken bud GET THA FK OVER IT .and do u think coaches of the three backrowers u got named in the 13 gonna respect the fact that manning wants them to play the whole game plz p boi.when nsw lost lastnight did u lose ur manhood 2.
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:33 am

Ummm are you okay? Now you come up with assumptions that I 'lost my manhood' LOL. And I'm not sure what you want me to get over....I was simply naming a team I felt would place a challenge to QLD in game 3.

They are some moot arguments. I am saying that all 3 backrowers are 80min players, so you wouldn't need 2 backrowers off the bench. Either way it is arguable if you have 2 front rowers or backrowers, but these guys play long minutes and don't need to much interchange. You also completely changed the subject that was on the bench utility to the fact that I happen to be heartbroken that the 3 backrowers who play long minutes for their club. They do play just about the whole game, so I'm not crying out for them to respect my idea, it happens...

That was some post on some personal attacks on me, well though out I must say NSW Side for Game III Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Maoriczar wrote:
awww manning u sound heartbroken bud GET THA FK OVER IT .and do u think coaches of the three backrowers u got named in the 13 gonna respect the fact that manning wants them to play the whole game plz p boi.when nsw lost lastnight did u lose ur manhood 2.

Poor form mate
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:55 am

tahu wont be in an origin team again.

he obviously doesnt have enough pride in the jersey if he is just gonna walk out on the camp and cause a stir before arguably NSW's most important game ever.
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:35 am

01. Kurt Gidley (c)
02. Jarryd Hayne
03. Jamie Lyon
04. Michael Jennings
05. Brett Morris
06. Trent Barrett
07. Mitchell Pearce
08. Michael Weyman
09. Michael Ennis
10. Kade Snowden
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Nathan Hindmarsh
13. Paul Gallen

14. Robbie Farah
15. Luke Lewis
16. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Ben Creagh

18. Jason King
19. Jamal Idris
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:42 am

Revised Team

Josh Dugan
Brett Morris
Michael Jennings
Jarryd Hayne
Nathan Merritt
Brett Finch
Mitchell Pearce
Luke Bailey
Robbie Farah
Luke Douglas
Anthony Laffranchi
Paul Gallen
Greg Bird

Todd Carney
Kade Snowden
Luke Lewis
John Sutton
------------------
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:43 am

lol TLL would be a way better option than that hack John Sutton.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NSW Side for Game III   NSW Side for Game III Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NSW Side for Game III
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com