Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Greg Inglis/Fullback

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Greg Inglis/Fullback Empty
PostSubject: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:10 am

--------------------------------
Perfect examples as to why Inglis should be playing Fullback in any game he plays in, I still remain confident he is a better fullback then nearly any fullback in the comp, Including Jarryd Hayne.

I think staying at melbourne is holding him back somewhat, Certainly doesn't get as much touches as he would at fullback, and he will be given alot more space at fullback whether he is returning the ball or hanging on a set play.

Sure he is possibly the best centre at the game, But he doesn't get fed a great deal of ball at club level, and i think to Inglis's Individual potential he'd be better off going to another club in the competition with the idea of playing him at the back. at least then, he will have to settle for centre spot in rep games, But I think from a Team's perspective, Inglis is much more dangerous at fullback and would aid a team better.

This was when Inglis was 17, playing QLD Cup which is alot better standard then NSW Cup, Tearing them apart frequently

Last edited by Deucey Deuce on Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:12 am

Billy Slater > any fullback in the world
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:21 am

Sorry mate, but playing against Redcliffe and Burleigh is ALOT different than playing against St George or Manly. Inglis can do both those things you have shown in the video from centre. You look at him for Queensland...10 Origin tries already, all as a centre. Also being as big as he is, he can tackle, and help keep teams pinned back in their defensive half. Movie him to fullback and you will lose part of a massive defensive unit that is Greg Inglis.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:25 am

socceroos06 wrote:
Sorry mate, but playing against Redcliffe and Burleigh is ALOT different than playing against St George or Manly. Inglis can do both those things you have shown in the video from centre. You look at him for Queensland...10 Origin tries already, all as a centre. Also being as big as he is, he can tackle, and help keep teams pinned back in their defensive half. Movie him to fullback and you will lose part of a massive defensive unit that is Greg Inglis.

Mate, the Kid was 17 at the time. He absolutely dominated the QLD Cup....
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:26 am

And your forgetting, He played 15 games at fullback over 2005/2006 and was nothing short of phenomenal...Outplayed Billy Slater then.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:27 am

Slater is the best fullback in the world, while Inglis is in the top 3 best centres in the world, why change that?
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:29 am

Max1990 wrote:
Slater is the best fullback in the world, while Inglis is in the top 3 best centres in the world, why change that?

Because Inglis needs his hands on the ball as much as possible, needs to be closer into the play. He would be given more space and time with the ball.
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:30 am

He made a name for himself playing Centre, he was much more agile in 2005.06, now he is bulk, he can still out-run most players in this competition, but moving him to fullback will just reduce his try-scoring IMO...he setsups a shit load of tries at centre for the storm lets not forget too.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:30 am

Slater also needs his hands on the ball as much as possible
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:38 am

Max1990 wrote:

I never said move Slater from fullback, I said Inglis needs to change clubs to get the best out of him.

Any decent club with desire to play Inglis at fullback.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:18 am

Yeah could work. I mean he has the qualities a fullback needs. He is arguably the best player in the world though and that is at centre. It really depends on the club he went to though. If he came to the Tigers, yes I'd like him at fullback because we already have good centres.
I agree with you in that Iglis needs to touch the ball more, then he would be even more destructive. This will only happen if he moves clubs though, Slater will never be dropped as fullback for the Storm of Queensland
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:41 am

Q-Cup is a bit different to NRL. (Norths suck, go the mighty Redcliffe Dolphins Razz)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
neil21
Guru
neil21

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:44 am

Deucey Deuce wrote:
Max1990 wrote:

I never said move Slater from fullback, I said Inglis needs to change clubs to get the best out of him.

Well Inglis doesnt want to leave Melbourne
So that looks out of the picture
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:51 am

neil21 wrote:
Deucey Deuce wrote:
Max1990 wrote:

Not wanting to leave and being forced out is two different things.
Back to top Go down
neil21
Guru
neil21

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:54 am

Deucey Deuce wrote:
neil21 wrote:
Deucey Deuce wrote:
Max1990 wrote:

Not wanting to leave and being forced out is two different things.

He is in talks with Essendon in AFL
Thats how much he doesnt want to leave Melbourne
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:30 am

lol Neil
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:32 am

I would love to see Inglis in a position where he gets more ball. He'd be an awesome fullback for sure.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:58 am

he was awesome at fullback a few years ago. but since then he would have put on about 15kgs and lost a lot of speed.

he would have to slim down a lot to be effective.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greg Inglis/Fullback   Greg Inglis/Fullback Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greg Inglis/Fullback
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com