Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Players fall from Grace

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Players fall from Grace Empty
PostSubject: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 7:54 am

Just looking at some players in 2009 compared to their form in 2010 and there is a few players that are not firing as much as they could or just are hopeless this year

Roy Asotasi (Souths)
He has had injury troubles to his defence, but not all can be blamed on that. Hasn't even looked like the player that he was at the Bulldogs since his first year with us in 2007, From possibly the best prop forward in the comp, to well outside the Top 5...The younger blokes like Aiden Tolman, Kade Snowden, Luke Douglas, and possibly even Tim Mannah are better prospects at this time, For his 450K salary, Roy is the most over-rated player in the competition.

Issac De Gois (Knights)
Won player of the year at Newcastle last year, Same mould as Michael Ennis as a hooker, Issac was able to bend the line and be able to be aggressive and effective in defence and although Issac strugged with Injury in the off-season, I believe he has ample time to play his way back into some form, However he sees himself make minimal tackles, minimal impact and playing off the bench at times this season.

Justin Poore (Eels)

Was tagged as a possible origin player this year coming of a consistent 2009 with the Dragons, However has been very limited with form this season, being described as soft with no ambition or ability to bend the line, Justin sees himself potentially being behind Tim Mannah for a starting spot with year with the talented youngster well and truly outplaying the experienced Ex-Dragon.

Fui Fui Moi Moi (Eels)
Another Eel I've been less then Impressed with this year, only a shadow of his 2009 form and only making an average of 14 tackles this year I don't see Moi Moi much of a long term prospect with Parramatta, Doesn't break the line with much ease this year and his impact while starting is a few notches down from last season, I'd start Mannah and bench Moi Moi to see if he can return to some previous form which speculated that he was the best Prop in the NRL.

Jarryd Hayne (Eels)
Picking on the Eels again, Hayne's inconsistent career took another turn after good seasons in 2006 and drop in form in 2007 and 2008, Hayne returned as an alter of Superman with some absolute stunning individual efforts which won the hearts of the majority of the NRL Spectators, Commentators and Sponsors which saw him power to the Dally M Medal. Hayne has displayed okay to solid form in 2010 however I think Parramatta as a side can be part to blame as well, Hayne was heavily based at their main attacking weapon in 2009, Their early form this season saw the Eels look majorly disjointed, With an improvement from the team in general, Hayne has displayed poor form at representative level and wasn't a major hassle to the Queenslanders in 2010, Due to Jarryd's attacking calibre being limited, His defensive weaknesses are coming out of the closet, His positional play being the aspect causing most concern with some woeful reads in Origin.
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:18 am

John Sutton has been shithouse when put under pressure. I guess thats the way he has been for his career though so...
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:31 am

Damo wrote:
John Sutton has been shithouse when put under pressure. I guess thats the way he has been for his career though so...

Your a spastic. Seriously you deserved to be clubbed.

He hasn't bad a bad season at all in his career, In-consistent from gameto game maybe. but what your saying is completely out of context, makes no sense and is totally invalid.

Horrible, Just Horrible.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:38 am

Damo wrote:

can someone fall from grace when they were never any good to begin with?
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:40 am

Deucey Deuce wrote:
Damo wrote:

Your a spastic. Seriously you deserved to be clubbed.

He hasn't bad a bad season at all in his career, In-consistent from gameto game maybe. but what your saying is completely out of context, makes no sense and is totally invalid.

Horrible, Just Horrible.

I laugh seriously at any Souths fans who rate Sutton. He is rubbish. I would not want him at the Broncos, even if we had a bunch of 16 year old girls in the team. You can't count on him ever.

Everyone says when Sutton plays well, Souths play well, but I think it's the other way around. I think when everyone at Souths fires, they make this clown look good.

Most over rated player going around I think, closely followed by that clown Sandow. That guy is the biggest porch monkey I have ever seen
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:01 am

Here we go: 2007 he was moved around heaps

John
Sutton
2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010
Games 18 13 16 17 22 13
PP FE FE SR LK FE FE
LB 11 8 5 8 8 4
LBA 12 7 2 8 23 12
TA 9 4 4 7 27 15
BSR 5th-LB 4th-LB NA 1st-LB,LBA,TA 1st- TA 2nd- TA

Legend:

PP-

Primary Position

BSR-

Best Stat Rank (for Primary Position)

Whatever position he plays, He is up there with the best players in at least one stat.

He struggled with niggling injuries and didn't quite play the full season in most seasons there.

This doesn't show consistency from game to game, But it shows he is one of the better players the NRL has got over a years worth of football and is quite versatile.

So seriously STFU. This is honestly miles more then what Jamie Soward has shown since his debut in 2004.
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:07 am

Nah he's just shit.
And who mentioned Jamie Soward?

So basically what you are saying is, John Sutton is injury prone?
"He struggled with niggling injuries and didn't quite play the full season in most seasons there."

I wouldn't want an injury prone, only show up when my team shows up, two bit player who will never rise above the ranks of statistics presented by DD.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:13 am

Deucey Deuce wrote:

John
Sutton
Games181316172213
PPFEFESRLKFEFE
LB1185884
LBA127282312
TA94472715
BSR5th-LB4th-LBNA1st-LB,LBA,TA1st- TA2nd- TA

Legend:

PP-

Primary Position

BSR-

Whatever position he plays, He is up there with the best players in at least one stat.

He struggled with niggling injuries and didn't quite play the full season in most seasons there.

This doesn't show consistency from game to game, But it shows he is one of the better players the NRL has got over a years worth of football and is quite versatile.

So seriously STFU. This is honestly miles more then what Jamie Soward has shown since his debut in 2004.

I'm calling BS on your stats ranking. You're telling me he was tied for first in the league with Try Assists with 7 in 2008, and Line Break Assists he is also first with 8 ??? You're trying to tell me that in a round of 24 games, not one player got over 7 try assists and 8 line break assists ???? WTF ??? And if it is by position, then apart from Anasta, who would of been five eighth anyways, what lock is needed to set tries up ?? Those stats are BS

Also in 2007, and 2006, they aren't great numbers mate. Neither are 2008
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:16 am

If Sutton played for any other team, He would of played for Australia by now.

and then you wouldn't be saying he is shit, over a period of 6 years, it's shown he is a consistent game breaker throughout his career.

Now, he went a whole two seasons without playing five-eighth as his primary position. and finished the regular season of 2009 with the most try-assists on his own.

Who the hell cares if he is In-consistent, NSW need him. He is the only five-eighth the have got that COULD turn an origin game, He may only play his best 1 in 4, but there is only 3 origin games a year.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:17 am

Bronco_josh wrote:
Deucey Deuce wrote:

John
Sutton
Games181316172213
PPFEFESRLKFEFE
LB1185884
LBA127282312
TA94472715
BSR5th-LB4th-LBNA1st-LB,LBA,TA1st- TA2nd- TA

Legend:

PP-

Primary Position

BSR-

I'm calling BS on your stats ranking. You're telling me he was tied for first in the league with Try Assists with 7 in 2008, and Line Break Assists he is also first with 8 ??? You're trying to tell me that in a round of 24 games, not one player got over 7 try assists and 8 line break assists ???? WTF ??? And if it is by position, then apart from Anasta, who would of been five eighth anyways, what lock is needed to set tries up ?? Those stats are BS

Also in 2007, and 2006, they aren't great numbers mate. Neither are 2008

Mate, if you bothered to read the legend, the BSR stands for Best stats rank for his PRIMARY POSITION so he was ranked 1st in all three attacking stats out of any LOCK in that year, obviously playing SR and Lock he would of had less time with the ball.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:18 am

Damo wrote:
Nah he's just shit.
And who mentioned Jamie Soward?

So basically what you are saying is, John Sutton is injury prone?
"He struggled with niggling injuries and didn't quite play the full season in most seasons there."

I wouldn't want an injury prone, only show up when my team shows up, two bit player who will never rise above the ranks of statistics presented by DD.

Players fall from Grace 48427 put that in ya pipe and smoke it..

and lol @ DD bringing up Soward everytime Sutton is gettin owned.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:18 am

Deucey Deuce wrote:

and then you wouldn't be saying he is shit, over a period of 6 years, it's shown he is a consistent game breaker throughout his career.

Now, he went a whole two seasons without playing five-eighth as his primary position. and finished the regular season of 2009 with the most try-assists on his own.

Who the hell cares if he is In-consistent, NSW need him. He is the only five-eighth the have got that COULD turn an origin game, He may only play his best 1 in 4, but there is only 3 origin games a year.

SERIOUSLY WTF ???!!!

Even Gus has said the reason he won't play Origin is that he is not a game turner, and let's the games tempo, and his sides momentum determine how he plays.

Against the Broncos, he was downright PATHETIC
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:21 am

Bronco_josh wrote:
Deucey Deuce wrote:

SERIOUSLY WTF ???!!!

Even Gus has said the reason he won't play Origin is that he is not a game turner, and let's the games tempo, and his sides momentum determine how he plays.

Against the Broncos, he was downright PATHETIC

Try playing with a truly dominated pack. We had Nine forwards out, not even Thurston or Lockyer could of had genuine impact in the game under those circumstances.

Gus is a dead-set idiot...Sutton is one of the most dominating players in the comp on his day

And how would GUS know, Sutton hasn't played Origin yet. Thurston struggles a bit at club level but goes GUN for Australia. Sutton is Gun at club level yet doesn't get a go
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:25 am

HAHAHAHA your such a joker Deucey.
Back to top Go down
Jennings
Veteran
Jennings

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:27 am

Facepalm
Duecey do you have friends honestly
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:29 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:45 am

Season 2008 - John Sutton came 38th in Linebreaks
Season 2008 - John Sutton came 8th in Linebreak Assists
Season 2008 - John Sutton came 24th in Try Assists. (Soward smashed him)

Season 2009 - Try Assists - Tied with Jamie Soward on top (but Sowards team actually did something)
Season 2009 - 78th in Linebreaks (That's fucking shithouse)
Season 2009 - 3rd in LBA's.

Now please tell me, how do these stats show that he should be picked over anyone, especially Jamie Soward?
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:02 am

First of all, as a Souths fan I am not a fan of Sutton's. He turns up when he wants to turn up and goes missing in too many big games. It seems a rarity that Souths compete in a full 80mins of football against a good team that seems to have turned up. Sutton just doesn't seem like his heart is in it for a whole game and IMO, if he pwas playing for NSW on Wednesday he would have gone missing as well. When the going gets tough, Sutton just isn't able to dominate. He is extremely lazy in defence which worries me if he wants to play Origin. For a player if his size and ability, he should be must better.

I also don't think Sutton is over-rated. If he was then he would have already made his Origin debut. If anyone thinks Sandow is over-rated has got no idea. His praise form his 2008 Rookie season is long gone and has clearly showed not much near that since. The whole league knows he hasn't shown what he had since 2008 and isn't rated by anyone really.
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:05 am

Oh Yeah, and John Sutton missed more tackles in 2008 then Jamie Soward.
John Sutton has made 1 less missed tackle this year then Jamie Soward.

I would hardly say that Jamie Soward is a defensive turnstile compared to Sutton.

Sutton is like a foot taller then Soward, yet still is shit at tackling.

They have made the same errors.
Kick metres:
33.13 - Jamie Soward metres per kick (kicked 190 times for 6295 metres)
32.28 - John Sutton metres per kick (kicked 90 times for 2970)

Jamie Soward > John Sutton - End thread
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:32 am

Damo wrote:

Season 2009 - Try Assists - Tied with Jamie Soward on top (but Sowards team actually did something)

Now please tell me, how do these stats show that he should be picked over anyone, especially Jamie Soward?

spot on.. that should silence DD
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:43 am

You guys do know he's taking the piss...
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:45 am

Manning18 wrote:

Oh yeah, I forgot about my original troll.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:48 am

Manning18 wrote:

hardly.. its just that he's so bias its embarrassing
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:50 am

Damo wrote:

Souffs fan here and not a major sutton lover, but.

Sowards team actually doing something is irrelevant completely. It's probably better for Sutton, actually, as he'd have set up a greater % of his teams tries compared to Soward
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:51 am

Styletix wrote:
Manning18 wrote:

hardly.. its just that he's so bias its embarrassing

Yeah, I thought he was being that bias at first as well, but he told me over msn that he is only fucking around...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Players fall from Grace   Players fall from Grace Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Players fall from Grace
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com