Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Souths forward pack

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

Souths forward pack Empty
PostSubject: Souths forward pack   Souths forward pack Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 9:58 am

This is not a thread directed solely on Deucey, but rather all the Rabbits fans as a whole

Who thinks they have the best forward pack ?? Honestly.

AND not best forward pack on paper. I'm talking about best forward pack on the field that gets the job done

Asotasi, Taylor, and Lowe are so over rated, it isn't funny.

Pettybourne and Stuart are machines, they would be the only two forwards from their pack, I would actually want at Brisbane.

Burgess is a solid player, but is massively over hyped. He does a routine run, or tackle, and they go on about him like he is a messiah. TBH I can name at least 10 backrowers who have been in better form than him

Luke is just a freak of nature, would start anywhere bar Melbourne

The rest of their pack is so-so. Crocker is too old, and carrying far too many injuries.

What do you guys think ?? Im just sick of hearing how good their forward pack is
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Souths forward pack   Souths forward pack Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:04 am

At the start of the seasons, yeah I thought they had the best pack. Now I think it's probably the Dogs. Parra also have a decent pack.

Also, I disagree that Taylor is overrated
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Souths forward pack   Souths forward pack Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:05 am

The Tank wrote:
At the start of the seasons, yeah I thought they had the best pack. Now I think it's probably the Dogs. Parra also have a decent pack.

Also, I disagree that Taylor is overrated

Im a Broncos fan, and I know he is. He is so hot and cold it isnt funny. He had maybe 8 or 9 good weeks with Brisbane last year. Tell me what he has done for Brisbane not in the 9 week period.
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Souths forward pack   Souths forward pack Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:07 am

^Yeah I think he is over-rated, he is still good, but just not as good as people like Gus and shit make him out to be.

Burgess I think is starting to live up to the hype, but it was still ridiculous hype.

I don't think Lowe is over-rated, he is a Stagg-esque/Hindmarsh-esque player and keeps the forward pack solid.

They are good, but not the best
Back to top Go down
Green Machine
Rookie
Green Machine

PostSubject: Re: Souths forward pack   Souths forward pack Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:15 am

Quality forward pack, its just a matter of them getting their best pack on the field at once. i cant recall a game this season when they have been at full strength in the forwards.

Most overrated pack = Eels
Most underrated pack = Raiders or Cowboys
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Souths forward pack   Souths forward pack Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:15 am

Penrith's forward has to be right up there Souths forward pack 575896

Luke Lewis and Trent Waterhouse are both in great form and both got selected for Origin this year and so to has our skipper Petero like always. Tim Grant made it to the city-country match and is probaly one of the most consistent forward, and the only starting forward that hasn't really played up to his standards is NZL backrower Frank Pritchard. Kevin Kingston has been awesome for us and he is one of the many reasons why we're equal first on the ladder.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Souths forward pack   Souths forward pack Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:18 am

panthersftw wrote:
Penrith's forward has to be right up there Souths forward pack 575896

Luke Lewis and Trent Waterhouse are both in great form and both got selected for Origin this year and so to has our skipper Petero like always. Tim Grant made it to the city-country match and is probaly one of the most consistent forward, and the only starting forward that hasn't really played up to his standards is NZL backrower Frank Pritchard. Kevin Kingston has been awesome for us and he is one of the many reasons why we're equal first on the ladder.

I actually had the Panthers pack in mind when I wrote this thread. I think you guys have the best pack ATM.

Have been in awesome form all year, bar Pritchard. I don't know how much you guys are paying him, but he would have to be one of the top earners of the team, and to me, you could get rid of him, and make sure you keep your core group of young fellas in the team for years to come
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Souths forward pack   Souths forward pack Icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:21 am

I will agree with you that Asotasi is very over rated. Injuries have killed him over the last few years and they are just becoming more frequent this year. You have to give it to him but, barely anyone has come that good off season ending knee injuries.

On Lowe and Taylor, no way are they over rated. I used to bag Lowe a bit over the last few years, but he has been playing out of his skin. LEads teh tackle count every week and his contribution in attack is just as good IMO. Probably our best player all year and I believe him and Corey Parker would deserve a QLD jersey over Ashely Harrison. Taylor has been on fire as well since he has seemingly recovered fully from his pre-season injury. He's bending the line the majority of the runs he takes and in our last two games without him (Broncos and Warriors), we noticeably lost a dimension in attack. I wouldn't put these two anywhere near over-rated. Plenty to learn for the both of them though.

Burgess can be over-hyped by commentators and I can see where you coming from there. It still doesn't beat the fact that he has had the ability to life the whole side with his hard hitting and runs that gain over 10-15m. Plenty of our tries this year have come from the fact that he was there, but didn't touch the ball. He attracts twop defenders every time he runs a decoy which has given players like Rhys Wesser and Champion plenty of mismatches close to the line. Again, I see where your coming from but I would put him in the top 5 backrowers in the league atm.

I have held off for a while on bagging Crocker's injury problems, but I am finally getting sick of the money we have wasted on him. Aparently the club is going hard for a release if he doesn't make the field sooner. With this injury, age is getting too much for him and he is doing nothing for the money he is earning.

So basically, to answer your question, I do believe we are one of the best forward packs in teh competition, just not the outright best. St Merge would be the only consistent team in this competition and I would say theirs, Manly's and probably the Broncos would be competing for that top spot every week. With the inconsistency, there is a league-best forward pack every few weeks.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Souths forward pack   Souths forward pack Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:25 am

i have to disagree with you a fair bit there josh.

i still believe the rabbits have one of the best forward packs in the game. they have the ability to rush over just about any team. also lowe is not overrated. he is good solid player and has had a stand out season. Id hate to say it but the stats speak for itself with him.

if crocker was fit and healthy that pack would look even more dangerous. On paper they look top 3 packs but the souths team in general is very hot and cold.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

PostSubject: Re: Souths forward pack   Souths forward pack Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 9:28 am

the pack isnt too bad.. not up there with the best but solid when playin well
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: Souths forward pack   Souths forward pack Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 1:47 pm

I like the Bunnies forward pack, but they do get hyped up a bit much.

I really like the look of our forward pack at the Warriors. We dont have a solid hooker, but Heremaia/Henderson/Hohaia are all very good players.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

PostSubject: Re: Souths forward pack   Souths forward pack Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Bunnies foward pack is good but it can be very scrappy on days.
And how is Eels' forward pack one of the best its pretty crap, its just over rated.

What PntherFTW siad penrith do have a very good forward pack and im pretty sure this year we have dominated all the forwards that we have vsed when we had petero playing.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Souths forward pack   Souths forward pack Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2010 9:06 am

Jenko wrote:
Bunnies foward pack is good but it can be very scrappy on days.
And how is Eels' forward pack one of the best its pretty crap, its just over rated.

What PntherFTW siad penrith do have a very good forward pack and im pretty sure this year we have dominated all the forwards that we have vsed when we had petero playing.

You didn't dominate the Cowboys in Round 2 in the forwards and other teams you lost too
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Souths forward pack   Souths forward pack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Souths forward pack
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com