Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

ABs vs Wales (2nd Test)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

ABs vs Wales (2nd Test) Empty
PostSubject: ABs vs Wales (2nd Test)   ABs vs Wales (2nd Test) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:31 am

Game's on this weekend.

Boric, Smith and Dagg have all been ruled out - expected to be replaced by Whitelock, Kahui and Jane/Muliaina respectively. Carter is also marginal due to a calf strain, Cruden will be starting (and presumably Weepu as well) if Carter is not 100% by Thursday.

In other potential changes I wouldn't be surprised to see both Woodcock and Tialata elevated to the starting 22, with Owen Franks on the bench and Ben Franks dropping out of the 22. Donnelly is expected to be fit, as is Muliaina. Rene Ranger has been called into the squad as cover for Dagg and Smith so expect to see him on the bench. Finally I expect Vito to be given another start instead of giving Thomson a go and Guildford to get a start in place of Rokocoko.

Possible 22: 1 Woodcock. 2 Mealamu. 3 Tialata. 4 Thorn. 5 Whitelock. 6 Vito. 7 McCaw (c). 8 Read. 9 Weepu. 10 Cruden. 11 Guildford. 12 Stanley. 13 Kahui. 14 Jane. 15 Muliaina.
Reserves: 16 de Malmanche. 17 O. Franks. 18 Donnelly. 19 Thomson. 20 Cowan. 21 Ranger. 22 Rokocoko.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (2nd Test)   ABs vs Wales (2nd Test) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 12:32 am

In other news - my family's in Aus for a month now - so if anyone's in Welly this weekend and wants to watch the game at my place... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (2nd Test)   ABs vs Wales (2nd Test) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 4:53 am

Well mixed accuracy there - team's been named:

New Zealand: Mils Muliaina, Cory Jane, Richard Kahui, Benson Stanley, Zac Guildford, Dan Carter, Jimmy Cowan, Kieran Reid, Richie McCaw, Jerome Kaino, Tom Donnelly, Brad Thorn, Neemia Tialata, Keven Mealamu, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Aled de Malmanche, Owen Franks, Sam Whitelock, Adam Thomson, Piri Weepu, Aaron Cruden, Rene Ranger.

So I was right about the front row, Donnelly and Mils were both proven fit so leapfrogged into the starting lineup, Kaino is obviously fit again which sends Vito right out of the 22. Awesome to see Guildford given a run finally. I do know that DC is still questionable until Thursday...
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (2nd Test)   ABs vs Wales (2nd Test) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 5:42 am

sweet guildford and ReneRangers in
unlucky whitelock, donelly better front
Franks brothers have been found out
bit dubious bout our midfield having nonu and conrad out, we may lose our way if stanley and ranger are in there but its better to be tested now than during 3N.
kahui is lucky tho, try he got was a fluke but was good under high ball and did turn and chase a grubbered ball out sprinting the welsh winger, so jury still out on his ability at test level. hope he's better than his s14 form.
bit worried bout carter. i still dont think crudens got what it takes for a whole 80 mins
good that mils is back

party at pantherus' place. i'll let the gridIron boys know. hope u got lots of food!!....jokes
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (2nd Test)   ABs vs Wales (2nd Test) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:03 am

I'm not sold on Ranger eh - reckon he'll be found out hugely at test level - hope to be proven wrong though.

Agree about the franks brothers - Owen has a huge future but Ben's just not up there IMO. As they say - form is temporary, class is permanent.

Having mils there is a big help as the potential backline with both mils and carter out is very scary...for a kiwi that is...

Cruden wouldn't play the whole 80, barring injury, I'd expect him to go off around 60 minutes, Piri would slot out to 10 and Cowan would come in at 9. Piri would be doing the kicking anyway.
Back to top Go down
chrishbhs
Professional
chrishbhs

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (2nd Test)   ABs vs Wales (2nd Test) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 6:17 am

The Franks are both very good players around the field, probably better than the other two. Ben's scrummaging should improve more as he is relatively new to playing loosehead as well as tight so hasn't got as much experience as he would like
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (2nd Test)   ABs vs Wales (2nd Test) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 10:34 pm

chrisbhs wrote:
The Franks are both very good players around the field, probably better
than the other two. Ben's scrummaging should improve more as he is
relatively new to playing loosehead as well as tight so hasn't got as
much experience as he would like

tialata i agree, but woodcock? ok woodcock doesnt put in as many tackles but he's always cleaning out the rucks and mauls and he scrummages a lot better and he's a good ball runner, slow but strong. not to mention he enjoys scoring tries vs aus

but both woodcock and tialata do their primary roles better than the franks bros. scrummaging wont win you an international but it can defiantely lose you one. having a prop that cant scrummage is like having a half back that cant pass. (or demelmanche who cant throw in)

tru that ben will eventually get better as he shows a lot of potential but test rugby isnt the place for him to be practicing.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (2nd Test)   ABs vs Wales (2nd Test) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 1:54 pm

DC has been cleared to play Smile

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (2nd Test)   ABs vs Wales (2nd Test) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 6:34 am

Not to pumped for this game as i think we will F*** the Welsh up again. Hopping Tialata and Woodcock can have good games so then we have more competition for the starting two props spots.

Thought we might have rested McCaw. Hope Cruden can come on early for Carter aswell.

Hopping Kahui gets injured early so Ranger can get a decent go, i am so keen to see how he goes at international level.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (2nd Test)   ABs vs Wales (2nd Test) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 6:37 am

mate is having drinks tonight but informs me he doesn't have sky set up yet!!! so I'll be gettiing up at 8:30am for the replay tomorrow morning.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ABs vs Wales (2nd Test)   ABs vs Wales (2nd Test) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ABs vs Wales (2nd Test)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com