Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

 

 The Team NSW should go with for 2011

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Posts : 7831
Location : Sydney,NSW

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:06 pm

J.Dugan
A.Uate
M.Gasnier
M.Jennings
B.Morris
J.Soward
M.Pearce
L.Douglas
R.Farah
A.Laffranchi
C.Heighington
P.Gallen
G.Bird

T.Carney
A.Watmough
L.Lewis
K.Snowden

J.Thompson
J.Idris
---------------------
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Posts : 10081
Location : Adelaide

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:12 pm

Laffranchi won't be chosen at prop. Also 1 prop on the bench would be an incorrect decision. Hayne or Gidley will most likely be in the team as well.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Posts : 7831
Location : Sydney,NSW

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:18 pm

Max1990 wrote:
Laffranchi won't be chosen at prop. Also 1 prop on the bench would be an incorrect decision. Hayne or Gidley will most likely be in the team as well.

It's the team that SHOULD be picked not WILL be picked. NSW are too dumb to think outside the box.

It would be a dull move to start two rookie front rowers. Jason King isn't good enough. Luke Bailey is retired. Laffranchi is probably the form backrower in the competition and he is proven himself as a prop forward.

Hayne is the worst positional player in the NRL and has struggled constantly to stand out at rep level, and Gidley is the same, with the latter.

NSW are lacking a Craig Wing capable Bench Utility and the only option who could have such an impact is Todd Carney.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:26 pm

I'd go..

J.Hayne
A.Uate
C.Lawrence
M.Jennings
B.Morris
J.Soward
M.Pearce
L.Douglas
R.Farah
K.Snowden
C.Heighington
P.Gallen
L.Lewis

T.Carney
A.Watmough
M.Weyman
T.Mannah/T.Grant

J.Dugan
J.Idris
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Posts : 7831
Location : Sydney,NSW

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:29 pm

Styletix wrote:
I'd go..

J.Hayne
A.Uate
C.Lawrence
M.Jennings
B.Morris
J.Soward
M.Pearce
L.Douglas
R.Farah
K.Snowden
C.Heighington
P.Gallen
L.Lewis

T.Carney
A.Watmough
M.Weyman
T.Mannah/T.Grant

J.Dugan
J.Idris

Why wouldn't you pick Gasnier?,In 2008 he was probably the most complete footballer on the planet. He could defend, break tackles, have a hand in a try or score one himself.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Moderator
Hendo Maroon

Posts : 12596
Age : 33
Location : DOG Squad

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:35 pm

so despite being NSW most dangerous player in 2009, you've given Hayne the cut??


1. Hayne
2. B. Morris
3. Lyon
4. Jennings
5. Uate
6. Campese
7. Pearce

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/RocknrollHendo

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:36 pm

Deucey Deuce wrote:
Styletix wrote:
I'd go..

J.Hayne
A.Uate
C.Lawrence
M.Jennings
B.Morris
J.Soward
M.Pearce
L.Douglas
R.Farah
K.Snowden
C.Heighington
P.Gallen
L.Lewis

T.Carney
A.Watmough
M.Weyman
T.Mannah/T.Grant

J.Dugan
J.Idris

Why wouldn't you pick Gasnier?,In 2008 he was probably the most complete footballer on the planet. He could defend, break tackles, have a hand in a try or score one himself.

why would i pick gasnier when he hasnt played league in years?? who the hell knows how hes gona go lol
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Posts : 7831
Location : Sydney,NSW

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:39 pm

Styletix wrote:
Deucey Deuce wrote:
Styletix wrote:
I'd go..

J.Hayne
A.Uate
C.Lawrence
M.Jennings
B.Morris
J.Soward
M.Pearce
L.Douglas
R.Farah
K.Snowden
C.Heighington
P.Gallen
L.Lewis

T.Carney
A.Watmough
M.Weyman
T.Mannah/T.Grant

J.Dugan
J.Idris

Why wouldn't you pick Gasnier?,In 2008 he was probably the most complete footballer on the planet. He could defend, break tackles, have a hand in a try or score one himself.

why would i pick gasnier when he hasnt played league in years?? who the hell knows how hes gona go lol

What Gasnier has is natural ability and class, those two attributes put together and he'd be fine.

I still stand by what I said last post that he is probably the most complete footballer I've ever seen play in terms of breaking tackles, tackling, broken field play, setting up his outside men and just vision in general.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:44 pm

Deucey Deuce wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Deucey Deuce wrote:
Styletix wrote:
I'd go..

J.Hayne
A.Uate
C.Lawrence
M.Jennings
B.Morris
J.Soward
M.Pearce
L.Douglas
R.Farah
K.Snowden
C.Heighington
P.Gallen
L.Lewis

T.Carney
A.Watmough
M.Weyman
T.Mannah/T.Grant

J.Dugan
J.Idris

Why wouldn't you pick Gasnier?,In 2008 he was probably the most complete footballer on the planet. He could defend, break tackles, have a hand in a try or score one himself.

why would i pick gasnier when he hasnt played league in years?? who the hell knows how hes gona go lol

What Gasnier has is natural ability and class, those two attributes put together and he'd be fine.

I still stand by what I said last post that he is probably the most complete footballer I've ever seen play in terms of breaking tackles, tackling, broken field play, setting up his outside men and just vision in general.

i couldnt give a shit if hes god, he hasnt played the game in years and i'd be stupid to put him in an origin team when he hasnt even made a comeback yet.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Posts : 7831
Location : Sydney,NSW

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:49 pm

Styletix wrote:
Deucey Deuce wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Deucey Deuce wrote:
Styletix wrote:
I'd go..

J.Hayne
A.Uate
C.Lawrence
M.Jennings
B.Morris
J.Soward
M.Pearce
L.Douglas
R.Farah
K.Snowden
C.Heighington
P.Gallen
L.Lewis

T.Carney
A.Watmough
M.Weyman
T.Mannah/T.Grant

J.Dugan
J.Idris

Why wouldn't you pick Gasnier?,In 2008 he was probably the most complete footballer on the planet. He could defend, break tackles, have a hand in a try or score one himself.

why would i pick gasnier when he hasnt played league in years?? who the hell knows how hes gona go lol

What Gasnier has is natural ability and class, those two attributes put together and he'd be fine.

I still stand by what I said last post that he is probably the most complete footballer I've ever seen play in terms of breaking tackles, tackling, broken field play, setting up his outside men and just vision in general.

i couldnt give a shit if hes god, he hasnt played the game in years and i'd be stupid to put him in an origin team when he hasnt even made a comeback yet.

Allan Langer was brought back into Origin. and pretty much single handedly won qld a series.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

Posts : 1559
Age : 31
Location : Townsville

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:51 pm

For all you Blues supporters picking Uate in your teams, you can't, not unless NSW get the eligibility rules changed.

There has to be a two year gap between when a player last played for a rival nation and when they can swear allegiance to Australia and therefore be eligible for Origin.

Uate played in the Pacific cup in October 2009 so won't be eligible until Origin 2012 if he chooses to go down that path.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:53 pm

Deucey Deuce wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Deucey Deuce wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Deucey Deuce wrote:
Styletix wrote:
I'd go..

J.Hayne
A.Uate
C.Lawrence
M.Jennings
B.Morris
J.Soward
M.Pearce
L.Douglas
R.Farah
K.Snowden
C.Heighington
P.Gallen
L.Lewis

T.Carney
A.Watmough
M.Weyman
T.Mannah/T.Grant

J.Dugan
J.Idris

Why wouldn't you pick Gasnier?,In 2008 he was probably the most complete footballer on the planet. He could defend, break tackles, have a hand in a try or score one himself.

why would i pick gasnier when he hasnt played league in years?? who the hell knows how hes gona go lol

What Gasnier has is natural ability and class, those two attributes put together and he'd be fine.

I still stand by what I said last post that he is probably the most complete footballer I've ever seen play in terms of breaking tackles, tackling, broken field play, setting up his outside men and just vision in general.

i couldnt give a shit if hes god, he hasnt played the game in years and i'd be stupid to put him in an origin team when he hasnt even made a comeback yet.

Allan Langer was brought back into Origin. and pretty much single handedly won qld a series.

whats your point? i've explained twice why i havent picked gasnier and its blatantly obvious. get over it lol
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:55 pm

Scotty wrote:
For all you Blues supporters picking Uate in your teams, you can't, not unless NSW get the eligibility rules changed.

There has to be a two year gap between when a player last played for a rival nation and when they can swear allegiance to Australia and therefore be eligible for Origin.

Uate played in the Pacific cup in October 2009 so won't be eligible until Origin 2012 if he chooses to go down that path.

did hayne have two years between?
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Posts : 7831
Location : Sydney,NSW

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:57 pm

Tahu was thrown into origin and did a fair job after not playing rugby league since 2007 either.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:58 pm

Deucey Deuce wrote:
Tahu was thrown into origin and did a fair job after not playing rugby league since 2007 either.

yes but they chose him after he played a few games The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

Posts : 1559
Age : 31
Location : Townsville

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:00 pm

Styletix wrote:
Scotty wrote:
For all you Blues supporters picking Uate in your teams, you can't, not unless NSW get the eligibility rules changed.

There has to be a two year gap between when a player last played for a rival nation and when they can swear allegiance to Australia and therefore be eligible for Origin.

Uate played in the Pacific cup in October 2009 so won't be eligible until Origin 2012 if he chooses to go down that path.

did hayne have two years between?

Ah yes but see there's a difference, Hayne played for a rival nation during a WC, there's an exemption to the rules during WC's so that the smaller nations can attract fringe players from the big three and the tournament is more competitive, outside of the WC though it's back to normal.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:04 pm

Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Scotty wrote:
For all you Blues supporters picking Uate in your teams, you can't, not unless NSW get the eligibility rules changed.

There has to be a two year gap between when a player last played for a rival nation and when they can swear allegiance to Australia and therefore be eligible for Origin.

Uate played in the Pacific cup in October 2009 so won't be eligible until Origin 2012 if he chooses to go down that path.

did hayne have two years between?

Ah yes but see there's a difference, Hayne played for a rival nation during a WC, there's an exemption to the rules during WC's so that the smaller nations can attract fringe players from the big three and the tournament is more competitive, outside of the WC though it's back to normal.

hmm.. dont think there should be a difference tbh.
Back to top Go down
elmago
Rookie
elmago

Posts : 78

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:05 pm

I'm not sure how you can leave Jamie Lyon out of Origin 2011, he is by far NSW's best centre.

If, and it's a big if, Gasnier makes a decent comeback I can see him being the other centre. I do expect him to come back strong.

My team at this stage would be:

1 J. Hayne
2
3 M. Gasnier
4 J. Lyon
5 B. Morris
6 T. Campese
7 M. Pearce
8 L. Douglas
9 R. Farah
10 K. Snowden
11 C. Heighington
12 P. Gallen
13 A. Watmough

14 T. Carney
15 A. Watmough
16 L. Lewis
17 M. Weyman

Depending on their respective form, Dugan could push Hayne for the fullback gig.

Note this is not the team I expect them to pick, but the team they should pick. I can only pray Gidley has played his last game for us.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:09 pm

elmago wrote:
I'm not sure how you can leave Jamie Lyon out of Origin 2011, he is by far NSW's best centre.

If, and it's a big if, Gasnier makes a decent comeback I can see him being the other centre. I do expect him to come back strong.

My team at this stage would be:

1 J. Hayne
2
3 M. Gasnier
4 J. Lyon
5 B. Morris
6 T. Campese
7 M. Pearce
8 L. Douglas
9 R. Farah
10 K. Snowden
11 C. Heighington
12 P. Gallen
13 A. Watmough

14 T. Carney
15 A. Watmough
16 L. Lewis
17 M. Weyman

Depending on their respective form, Dugan could push Hayne for the fullback gig.

Note this is not the team I expect them to pick, but the team they should pick. I can only pray Gidley has played his last game for us.

i know Watmough is good, but coming on as an impact sub while also going off.. now thats just freakish The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

Posts : 1559
Age : 31
Location : Townsville

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:13 pm

Styletix wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Scotty wrote:
For all you Blues supporters picking Uate in your teams, you can't, not unless NSW get the eligibility rules changed.

There has to be a two year gap between when a player last played for a rival nation and when they can swear allegiance to Australia and therefore be eligible for Origin.

Uate played in the Pacific cup in October 2009 so won't be eligible until Origin 2012 if he chooses to go down that path.

did hayne have two years between?

Ah yes but see there's a difference, Hayne played for a rival nation during a WC, there's an exemption to the rules during WC's so that the smaller nations can attract fringe players from the big three and the tournament is more competitive, outside of the WC though it's back to normal.

hmm.. dont think there should be a difference tbh.

Perhaps, but I'm telling you there is one, so Uate is out for next year.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

Posts : 1559
Age : 31
Location : Townsville

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:16 pm

elmago wrote:
I'm not sure how you can leave Jamie Lyon out of Origin 2011, he is by far NSW's best centre.

If, and it's a big if, Gasnier makes a decent comeback I can see him being the other centre. I do expect him to come back strong.

My team at this stage would be:

1 J. Hayne
2
3 M. Gasnier
4 J. Lyon
5 B. Morris
6 T. Campese
7 M. Pearce
8 L. Douglas
9 R. Farah
10 K. Snowden
11 C. Heighington
12 P. Gallen
13 A. Watmough

14 T. Carney
15 A. Watmough
16 L. Lewis
17 M. Weyman

Depending on their respective form, Dugan could push Hayne for the fullback gig.

Note this is not the team I expect them to pick, but the team they should pick. I can only pray Gidley has played his last game for us.

There's been some talk that after being snubbed by NSW and ARL selectors for year Heighington may elect to represent England in the four nations at the end of this year, who he is also eligible for, which would make him ineligible as well.
Back to top Go down
Maoriczar
Professional
Maoriczar

Posts : 307
Age : 35
Location : Taranaki

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:18 pm

1 hayne
2 who cares
3 lyon
4 who cares
5 who cares
6 who cares
7 pearce
8 who cares
9 farah
10 who cares
11 should b hindmarsh but...... who cares
12 watmough
13 gallen

14 gidley
15 leroyd-lahs
16 who cares
17 who cares
18 and who cares
have i missed any1.....argh
who cares
Back to top Go down
elmago
Rookie
elmago

Posts : 78

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:25 pm

Styletix wrote:


i know Watmough is good, but coming on as an impact sub while also going off.. now thats just freakish The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_razz

Mate, he's pretty good... nah haha give Creagh the start.

Maoriczar wrote:
1 hayne
2 who cares
3 lyon
4 who cares
5 who cares
6 who cares
7 pearce
8 who cares
9 farah
10 who cares
11 should b hindmarsh but...... who cares
12 watmough
13 gallen

14 gidley
15 leroyd-lahs
16 who cares
17 who cares
18 and who cares
have i missed any1.....argh
who cares

Good contribution, give yourself an uppercut
Back to top Go down
Maoriczar
Professional
Maoriczar

Posts : 307
Age : 35
Location : Taranaki

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:28 pm

Good contribution, give yourself an uppercut

Rofl
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

Posts : 1330
Age : 25
Location : Oz

The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:33 pm

I actually think Dugan might get the wood over Hayne next year. Hayne has been ordinary this season and was picked in Origin mainly because of what he did in 2009. Dugan has been in better form than Hayne this year, and if he keeps it up, we might see him playing fullback for NSW next year.
That said..my team is...

1. Dugan/Hayne
2. B Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lawrence
5. Idris
6. T Carney
7. Pearce (Roosters halves combo, so they should do alright)
8. Snowden
9. Farah
10. Douglas
11. L Lewis
12. Watmough
13. Gallen (c)

14. Gidley
15. Weyman
16. Mannah
17. Heighington

18. J Morris
19. Tolman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Team NSW should go with for 2011   The Team NSW should go with for 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
The Team NSW should go with for 2011
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com