Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Byes & Stand alone origins F... off

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

Byes & Stand alone origins F... off Empty
PostSubject: Byes & Stand alone origins F... off   Byes & Stand alone origins F... off Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 6:59 am

Listening to Abc Grandstand they have been talking about standalone Origins and everyone seems to be for it well i'm F...ing not . The Club is who i support not the individual if the best players get injured tougfh shit thats what Reserve Grade WAS for .
The Public (Mega) must get his NRL fix every weekend and that includes 8 Games a weekend the Public (Mega) must be entertained every weekend and the odd Wednesday night game with much Rugby League
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Byes & Stand alone origins F... off   Byes & Stand alone origins F... off Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 7:54 am

From my view, I want to see as much league as possible, so I'm with you on this one Mega in that things should stay as they are. Though this view isn't in the best interests of the players, I'm sure..
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: Byes & Stand alone origins F... off   Byes & Stand alone origins F... off Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:28 am

Teams get cut up deluxe, look at tomorrow nights game, Dragons/Pennies, that would be a cracker, yet both teams are missing a host of players.
Imagine the fan-fare around a Saturday night Origin? It would be huge, i reckon more massive than a Wednesday, the money generated from simple things across the states that you wouldn't be able to get on a Wednesday night.

The players play 30 odd games a season on some counts and no doubt they would take its toll... Origin on stand alone weekends would have a lot of merit.
Plus - you don't get to see your team get absolutely hammered if your big names are missing, which goes on F/A which could hurt your team at the end of the season. Fans love a spectacle - I know i'd rather see a full strength Penrith take on a full strength Dragons tomorrow.. yet unfortunately, due to this system, it won't be happening.
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Byes & Stand alone origins F... off   Byes & Stand alone origins F... off Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:46 am

^Oh it would take a toll. If they aren't up for it, they can F*** off out of the game.

It's a tradition, keep it. If you can't do it, don't play it.

And of course some games are going to be shit, but thats luck of the draw.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: Byes & Stand alone origins F... off   Byes & Stand alone origins F... off Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:52 am

Damo wrote:
^Oh it would take a toll. If they aren't up for it, they can F*** off out of the game.

It's a tradition, keep it. If you can't do it, don't play it.

And of course some games are going to be shit, but thats luck of the draw.

rofl
yeah i guess it's quite easy playing a ton of games in an 8 month period, sometimes 2 a week if you're Origin quality, missing out on your team's bye where you'd actually get rest time, but yeah, if they can't do it, they shouldn't play it, I spose...

You can't tell me you enjoy watching your side cut up every three weeks during the Origin period.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Byes & Stand alone origins F... off   Byes & Stand alone origins F... off Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:22 pm

Broncos almost beat the Tigers on friday night and they were missing Lockyer, Thiaday and Folau, and Tigers were basically at full strength so I don't think having your big names out is that much of a problem. Plus, Origin time is a good oppoutunity to blood some youth or give you reserves a starting spot.

Yes, it's a shame that Panthers v Dragons won't have their best starting line up, but as Damo said it is just luck of the draw
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Byes & Stand alone origins F... off   Byes & Stand alone origins F... off Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Byes & Stand alone origins F... off
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com