Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Rumoured Signings

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 11:48 pm

Deucey Deuce wrote:
kiwikid33 wrote:
Has Likiliki actually gone to the knights?

Yes, He is a confirmed signing.

Beau Henry is a certainty to play at 7 next year.

Is it just me, or is Beau one of the most common names in the NRL??

Beau Champion, Beau Falloon, Beau Scott, Beau Ryan, Beau Henry...

Maybe Beau Ryan can do a Beau knows Beau Knows Beau Knows Beau knows Beau.. Laughing

Beau, Beau, Beau, Beau, Beau, Beau, Beau, Beau, Beau...........
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:20 am

Saints#1 wrote:
DB wrote:
it would be a shame if the dragons lost Fai Fai Loa. he is such a great young player to watch.

Yerr i know there has also been links from Knights about Kyle Stanley and Fai Fai Loa Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_sad

Well there's a certain signing you can blame for these potential losses, along with Costigan and Henry's loss...
Back to top Go down
esodays brah
Guru
esodays brah

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:10 am

Manning18 wrote:
Saints#1 wrote:
DB wrote:
it would be a shame if the dragons lost Fai Fai Loa. he is such a great young player to watch.

Yerr i know there has also been links from Knights about Kyle Stanley and Fai Fai Loa Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_sad

Well there's a certain signing you can blame for these potential losses, along with Costigan and Henry's loss...

THE MAN FROM FRANCE !!
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 1:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:18 pm

JB-NQC wrote:
Paul Whatuira may be returning to the NRL. Two clubs have shown interest.

http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-giants/huddersfield-giants-news/2010/07/08/ex-huddersfield-giants-man-paul-whatuira-in-line-for-nrl-return-86081-26811286/

No Idea which two?

Based on one offering him a lifeline for the rest of the season I'd guess Newcastle, simply because they'd have more cap space left for this season than any other team.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 7:45 pm

Scotty wrote:
JB-NQC wrote:

http://www.examiner.co.uk/huddersfield-giants/huddersfield-giants-news/2010/07/08/ex-huddersfield-giants-man-paul-whatuira-in-line-for-nrl-return-86081-26811286/

No Idea which two?

Based on one offering him a lifeline for the rest of the season I'd guess Newcastle, simply because they'd have more cap space left for this season than any other team.

Yeah maybe Newcastle for that reason, but hasn't the deadline ended for signing a player for this year? I think it ends on the 30th of June.
Maybe the Cowboys are the other club too? His manager Sam Ayoub has got some strong connections with the club i reckon.
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:34 am

NRL Footy show reporting Michael Jennings is set to put ink on a 5 year contract with Penrith. Michael Gordon could also stay for 2 years
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 2:47 am

great new for Penrith then
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:33 am

JB-NQC wrote:
Scotty wrote:
JB-NQC wrote:

No Idea which two?

Yeah maybe Newcastle for that reason, but hasn't the deadline ended for signing a player for this year? I think it ends on the 30th of June.
Maybe the Cowboys are the other club too? His manager Sam Ayoub has got some strong connections with the club i reckon.

Yeah that is true, I forgot about the deadline.

On NQ and Sam Ayoub, Sam represents so many players that he would have great ties at every club, so I'm not sure you could draw that conclusion based simply on the presence of Ayoub in the deal.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:33 am

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/07/08/152431_cowboys.html

Summary of the above article.

Cowboys are expected to name a host of new signings in the coming weeks with the club in talks with a number high profile players in Sydney.

Have already either lost or released Kaufusi, Manuakafoa, Watts and Rapira.

Steve Southern, Clint Amos and Carl Webb are unlikely to be offered new deals.

Mitchell Achurch, Isaak Ah Mau, Nick Slyney and Dane Hogan are also off
contract while the club is fighting to nut out new deals for Willie
Mason and Luke O'Donnell.

Grant Rovelli and John Williams are fighting for new deals (God I hope not) while Don Malone, Ty Williams and Obe Geia are all likely to leave the club.

All in all that's a lot of players who are likely to be leaving the club.

Would probably only hope they keep Mason, O'Donnell, Ah Mau and Hogan, the rest can be on their merry way for all I care.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:43 am

Scotty wrote:

Cowboys are expected to name a host of new signings in the coming weeks with the club in talks with a number high profile players in Sydney.

Grant Rovelli and John Williams are fighting for new deals (God I hope not) while Don Malone, Ty Williams and Obe Geia are all likely to leave the club.

Would probably only hope they keep Mason, O'Donnell, Ah Mau and Hogan, the rest can be on their merry way for all I care.
Exactly what i was going to say. Although if LOD leaves, i won't be that upset.

Still shattered that Rapira and Watts will be leaving though. Can't wait to the day i hear that Ty Williams, John Williams, Carl Webb and GRANT ROVELLI are gone! Oh and Ash Graham too.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:51 am

JB-NQC wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Exactly what i was going to say. Although if LOD leaves, i won't be that upset.

Still shattered that Rapira and Watts will be leaving though. Can't wait to the day i hear that Ty Williams, John Williams, Carl Webb and GRANT ROVELLI are gone! Oh and Ash Graham too.

I'll be fine with him leaving as long as we get someone half decent to replace him, instead of just releasing him for the hell of it.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:47 pm

Been hearing Wade Grahm EVERYWHERE IN THE PAPERS
Wade > Sharks and Cowboys.. they will just ruin his career... don't leave

We can not lose wade Grahm he is the key to our success for the next decade. I really hope management get their head straight and somehow keep him instead of Pritchard. Grahm has such a bright future and I can see him partnering walsh for 5 grand final premierships.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:59 pm

Jenko wrote:

We can not lose wade Grahm he is the key to our success for the next decade. I really hope management get their head straight and somehow keep him instead of Pritchard. Grahm has such a bright future and I can see him partnering walsh for 5 grand final premierships.

I know he's a good player but I'd honestly rather we didn't sign him, we should give one of our young up and coming halves a decent shot at developing for once instead of trying to buy a halves partner for JT and when it doesn't work being forced to give them an opportunity, which is usually limited anyway. I hope they give Thompson and Morgan an opportunity to nail down that spot next year and if neither of them show anything than maybe search outside the club.
Back to top Go down
Peter Sterling
Rookie
Peter Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:47 pm

Jenko wrote:

Jenko, I find that first paragraph to be a bit off target.

If Wade Graham transferred to a different club, it would be for multiple reasons. One of them is that he is behind a lot of quality at Penrith such as Travis Burns and the like.

Another point is the fact that he is being offered a spot to play under the best halfback in the game!! Please try to tell me how would playing under the best halfback in the game ruin Graham's career? Playing under Johnathan would be an amazing experiece for the young kid. He has enough potential as it is. The Cowboys are struggling right now but I think they have got brighter times ahead.

You are also off the mark with the Sharks. The board has told Ricky Stuart's heir apparant Shane Flanagan that he will have the full salary cap to his disposal next year. In the 2010 season, they were operating $500,000 under the cap, which is a massive gap comparing them to the rest of the league. Wade will be surrounded by players such as Paul Gallen, who in my eyes is the best forward in the game and the best young fullback in the world right now, Nathan Gardner. That alone should lure him to the Sharks.

I have recently heard that Wade is wanting to stay in Sydney. Whether it be with the Sharks, or Panthers, who knows. But we all know he is a young talent waiting to prosper. I fear he may be wasted at the Panthers in the second tier competition. But that is also a compliment to the Panthers recruitment, for their impressive depth all over the park.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:47 am

Yeah I agree about Cowboys, playing with the best halfback in the game is an amazing experience, but what have the 5/8ths from cowboys really achieved? They've been replaced over and over and none of them have actually had a real partnership success with him, and they just recently signed Arana Taumata.

About the Sharks, when I see players leave their club for sharks their careers go off track, for example Anthony Tupou and Adam Cuthbertson whose best form have all gone away since leaving to the sharks.

Well, currently Wade Graham is playing first grade, as our starting 5/8th. He was only playing second tier competition was because of his injuries at the start of the year, and during that time Penrith's management made a poor decision in re-signing journey man Travis Burns for 3 years!

When we have Wade Graham who is our future star and captain, and his a Penrith lad through and through. I really hope Wade stays for cheap and actually get some success then the other teams he might be going to.
Back to top Go down
Peter Sterling
Rookie
Peter Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:30 am

Some good, valid points there Jenko.

Cowboys have not had a permanent solution for the 5/8 spot since Johnathan signed for the 2005 season. But, I believe they have found the man to partner Johnathan in the halves for a long time, and he is Ray Thompson. He has showed with his limited opportunities that he is ready for the tenacious and relentless pace of the NRL. The Cowboys also have Michael Morgan, Arana Taumata and Grant Rovelli. To me, that seems to be solid depth.

On the point about the Sharks, Anthony Tupou was a smart signing for the Sharks. He was in good form, until this year and he has struggled. Expect him to be back to his best next year.

The Panthers also have put higher priority on Frank Pritchard than Wade Graham. To be fully honest, I would rather keep Wade Graham, purely on the fact the Panthers have impressive depth in the forwards. Nigel Plum goes good in the NRL and if Dane Laurie hits his straps he could be a good signing.

Also remember, the Panthers have a star in the making in Harry Sjieka (correct me in the spelling). He is a more than capable as a five-eighth, partnering with Luke Walsh.

On to some news now, the Eels are going to make a play for homesick former Manly Sea Eagles halfback, now Bradford Bulls halfback Matt Orford. We certainly need, at the Eels, another halfback to guide Morts around the park. This would be delivered with any of the halfbacks we are in the race for, which includes Cooper Cronk and Brett Kimmorley

The Cowboys have offered Wade Graham a 3 year contract.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:03 am

Confirmation we're targeting Graham, and also young dragons winger Kalifa Fai Fai Loa

http://www.tablelander.com.au/article/2010/07/10/153131_sport.html

THE bid to rebuild the misfiring Cowboys backline is gathering steam with speculation the club could secure the services of Penrith five-eighth Wade Graham in 2011.

With Brent Tate (Warriors), Antonio Winterstein (Broncos), Arana Taumata (Tigers) and Ryan Williamson (Roosters) already signed, the club is not wasting any time working to restore the North Queensland backline to its flashy best.

Graham has been strongly linked to the Cowboys who are actively searching for depth in the halves.

Young talents Ray Thompson and Michael Morgan are already on the books for next season along with skipper Johnathan Thurston and are being viewed as halves options and to provide a bench utility role with Anthony Watts departing to the Roosters next year.

With new recruit Taumata's future likely to lie in the centres, 19-year-old Graham would give the club plenty of depth in an area that has caused headaches over the past five years.

Graham has been a major reason why the Panthers are flying high at the top of the ladder this season and the club is struggling to retain him with a significantly increased pay packet needed to keep him once his contract expires at season's end.

He has blossomed under the tutelage of Panthers mentor Matt Elliot, but the coach told national radio last weekend that he conceded the club had a massive fight on their hands to keep him beyond 2010 with the salary cap biting.

The Cowboys have room to move, with a host of players released, likely to be released or moving on.

Already Watts, Antonio Kaufusi, Manase Manuokafoa and Steve Rapira are confirmed to be playing elsewhere in 2010 while a host of other players are likely to see their tenures in Townsville end once their contracts expire at the end of the season.

Another player understood to be on the Cowboys' radar is rising star Kalifa Fai Fai Loa who is off contract at the Dragons at the end of the season.

Southern media have reported the Dragons are no chance of keeping the winger, despite his coming-of-age performance in Monday night's game against the Panthers where he scored both the club's tries.

With St George Illawarra recently picking up Mark Gasnier, internationals Brett Morris and Darius Boyd on their books and deals needing to be made with off-contract stars Jason Nightingale and Matt Cooper, keeping Fai Fai Loa will prove to be a tough ask.

Negotiations are continuing with high profile forwards Luke O'Donnell and Willie Mason.

Off-contract Cowboys: Mitchell Achurch, Issak Ah Mau, Clint Amos, Obe Geia, Dane Hogan, Don Malone, Willie Mason, Luke O'Donnell, Grant Rovelli, Nick Slyney, Steve Southern, Carl Webb, John Williams, Ty Williams.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:20 am

Parramatta are also targeting Matty Orford
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:21 am

So they're chasing veterans in Kimmorley and Orford? What a stupid decision.
Back to top Go down
Peter Sterling
Rookie
Peter Sterling

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 9:42 am

Max1990 wrote:
So they're chasing veterans in Kimmorley and Orford? What a stupid decision.

As a Parramatta supporter, I back this decision.

Daniel Mortimer is clearly lacking guidance out on the field. As much as Jeff Robson is a good bloke, he is not the man to assist Morts in his development as a football player. Morts needs an experienced halfback to help him out and teach him a few lessons.

A good comparison was Jason Smith at Canberra. He arrived there in 2005 and stayed for two years, and he was the one who mentored a natural lock into a decent 5/8 who happens to be Terry Campese. Look what happened to Campese in 2008. Campese says the main reason he is the football player he is today is because of Jason Smith.

Noddy, or to a lesser extent Cooper Cronk or Matt Orford could play this role, to help Mortimer at Parramatta next year.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:12 pm

Greg Inglis > Broncos!!!

Alright so 10 clubs are interested but GI has no interest playing for a Sydney club (thank God!) and he also has no desire to follow up interest from AFL club Essendon. Brisbane is the club he is likely to want to play for, but at the same time he says he will find it hard leaving Melbourne because of his close ties with Bellamy and the players (Smith, Slater and Cronk).
Another reason why he'd want to play for the Broncos is because of his recent engagement to Sally Robinson who has found a job in Brisbane. A move to the Broncos would also allow Inglis to be closer to his family in Kempsey.

Broncos CEO Bruno Cullen confirmed the club's interest.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/love-lures-inglis-north/story-e6frexnr-1225890195031

If GI does sign with the Broncos, they would be one hell of a side.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:15 pm

In other news...

Luke O'Donnell> Knights.

However, "The Cowboys haven't given up the fight to keep O'Donnell, with chief executive Peter Parr reminding the back-rower the club has stood by him during some tough times in the past."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/knights-wants-luke-odonnell/story-e6frexnr-1225890197666

Brett Kimmorley> Raiders
Blake Ferguson> Raiders
Michael Gordon> Raiders

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/raiders-want-noddy/story-e6frexnr-1225890237095

Last edited by JB-NQC on Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:30 pm

Knights are chasing O'Donnell as well.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 6:39 pm

Tanswell87 wrote:
Knights are chasing O'Donnell as well.

Woops, i got to carried away with the GI story that i wrote the worng team for LOD :/ lol i'll fix it now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumoured Signings
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com