Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Rumoured Signings

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:02 am

Fiji Bati wrote:
Rozza wrote:
Looks like the Finch rumour is nothing but. Word has it that Tigers are very close to cap limit now.

Tigers need to find another answer at 7.

We've already got Moltzen, Rob Lui , Lazarus and Nicholls. but I guess Moltzens out for the season, Lui is injury prone and is still a bit raw while Lazarus and Nicholls are still raw.

and yeah you're spot on with the finch rumour/tigers cap, we dont have any money under the cap to sign finch. he would be a great addition to the side though, has been playing well for the cheats and he does offer a good kicking game which is somethign we lack at times.

if Finch does sign with the tigs, I reckon 1-7 will be:

1.Moltzen
2.Tuiaki
3.Ryan
4.Lawrence
5.Tuqiri
6.Marshall
7.Finch

14.McKinnon (utility)
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 9:19 am

Moltzen should be the utility player off the bench, not McKinnon.
Back to top Go down
DUB
Guru
DUB

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 10:41 am

maybe, but moltzen is too good for that. and anyway finch wont be going there.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 10:47 am

Anthony Watts ---> Roosters.

Read that someone saw it in the Courier Mail. Confusing signing if it goes ahead.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:59 pm

Brenton wrote:

Read that someone saw it in the Courier Mail. Confusing signing if it goes ahead.

He's a pretty decent player, who I'd rather we kept, although I can understand why he would want to leave if it was to a club where he had a shot at being a starting number nine, but if it's just to another club where he's going to be second string yet again it would seem a little odd yes.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:34 am

the Knights are making a play for the Storms big 4 (Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Greg Inglis and Cooper Cronk)
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:32 am

NRL_Fanatic wrote:
the Knights are making a play for the Storms big 4 (Cameron Smith, Billy Slater, Greg Inglis and Cooper Cronk)

No team including the Storm can afford all four of them.
Back to top Go down
Jennings
Veteran
Jennings

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 8:35 am

Scotty wrote:
NRL_Fanatic wrote:

No team including the Storm can afford all four of them.
were probably just making a play for one of them at the most 2
Back to top Go down
Jennings
Veteran
Jennings

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 1:55 pm

Brenton wrote:

wow do they want him the roosters already has 2 hookers
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 11:30 am

RLW reports that the Cows are looking to re-sign Willie Mason on 200k a year. He will almost certainly finish his career at NQ
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:04 pm

Brenton wrote:
RLW reports that the Cows are looking to re-sign Willie Mason on 200k a year. He will almost certainly finish his career at NQ

Did it say how long the deal was for? I'd think 2 maybe 3 years at the most, most likely 2 with an option for a third.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 12:08 pm

Nah it didn't say how long. But he has to be top at the list for our team for next year. As for the rest of our squad, cleanout here we come
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:17 pm

Brenton wrote:
Nah it didn't say how long. But he has to be top at the list for our team for next year. As for the rest of our squad, cleanout here we come

Who do you think will be a part of the cleanout?

We've had Kaufusi and Manuakafoa already, I'd expect John Williams will join them and I'd hope perhaps Webb would join them but I'm not sure.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:24 pm

J. Williams
Webb
Graham
Bani
O'Donnell
Fusi
Manuokafoa
T. Williams
Southern
Rovelli

And sign guys like Tate, Winterstein, another prop (James Graham maybe, would not be out of reach as Fusi and Manase were on large coin, and the lure to play with JT would be big). I also think a couple more wingers too and a few more backrowers etc etc etc. We are supplied fine with the young guys etc.

1. Bowen
2. Winterstein
3. Tate
4. Tonga
5. someone but for the love of God not Graham, Williams's and Bani
6. Thompson/Arana
7. JT
8. Scott
9. Payney
10. J. Graham
11. Bolton
12. Mason
13. Hogan/Tamou

14. Watts/Segeyaro
15. L. Ah Mau
16. Tamou/Hogan
17. Tupou/anyone decent
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:19 pm

Brenton wrote:
J. Williams
Webb
Graham
Bani
O'Donnell
Fusi
Manuokafoa
T. Williams
Southern
Rovelli

And sign guys like Tate, Winterstein, another prop (James Graham maybe, would not be out of reach as Fusi and Manase were on large coin, and the lure to play with JT would be big). I also think a couple more wingers too and a few more backrowers etc etc etc. We are supplied fine with the young guys etc.

1. Bowen
2. Winterstein
3. Tate
4. Tonga
6. Thompson/Arana
7. JT
8. Scott
9. Payney
10. J. Graham
11. Bolton
12. Mason
13. Hogan/Tamou

14. Watts/Segeyaro
15. L. Ah Mau
16. Tamou/Hogan
17. Tupou/anyone decent

I can't see us cutting that many players unless we sign a few others before the end of the season, while those might not be of the highest quality, they're still players that could be called upon in the event of injury, suspension, rep duties, poor form etc. I think we'll want to sign another forward or two, just to strengthen our depth in that area.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Quote :
A family illness has prompted former NRL cult hero Mark Riddell to cut short his English Premier League stint and head back to Australia.

Riddell - halfway through a three-year English contract - has told league leading Wigan that he will head back to the NRL next year in order to be with his ill mother in Sydney.

"I'm very disappointed that I'll be leaving. We're going very well this year and I love it here," the 29-year-old hooker told the Wigan Evening Post newspaper.

"I stewed over it for a long time but I had to put family first, I had to go that way.

"It was a tough decision to make, but this is the right one."

Snapped up from Parramatta in 2009, Riddell made a slow start to his UK career but has hit his straps this season, helping spark the Warriors' table topping form.

Riddell - who has played 44 games for Wigan - said he would move to Sydney but insisted that he had not already teed up an NRL club.

"To be honest, I've not even gone down that road yet," he said.

"I'm just focusing on doing a job this year.

"Hopefully something will come up, but we're definitely going back to Sydney to live, that's where my family is and it would have to fit in with that."

The former Dragons and Eels No.9 said he wanted to leave England with a bang.

"It's the last chance for me," he said.

"We went very close last year in both the Cup and the league, we dipped out of the Cup earlier than we would have liked this year, and now we're in a great position to have a crack at a Super League title.

"I'll be doing everything I can to make sure I leave with a winner's ring.

"The Wigan players are a great bunch of blokes and I've really enjoyed my time over here.

"This season, in particular, has been really good. That made the decision even harder, but it's the right decision."

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticle/tabid/10874/newsid/59270/riddell-heading-back-to-nrl/default.aspx

He's going to Parra I reckon. Manly have Ballin, Tigers have Farah, Sharks have Aiton, Dragons have Fien, Penrith have Kingston, Bulldogs have Ennis, Rabbits have Luke, Roosters have Friend, and that leaves the Eels with no decent hooker.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:50 pm

Scotty wrote:
Brenton wrote:
J. Williams
Webb
Graham
Bani
O'Donnell
Fusi
Manuokafoa
T. Williams
Southern
Rovelli

1. Bowen
2. Winterstein
3. Tate
4. Tonga
6. Thompson/Arana
7. JT
8. Scott
9. Payney
10. J. Graham
11. Bolton
12. Mason
13. Hogan/Tamou

14. Watts/Segeyaro
15. L. Ah Mau
16. Tamou/Hogan
17. Tupou/anyone decent

I can't see us cutting that many players unless we sign a few others before the end of the season, while those might not be of the highest quality, they're still players that could be called upon in the event of injury, suspension, rep duties, poor form etc. I think we'll want to sign another forward or two, just to strengthen our depth in that area.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/storm-to-offload-hoffman-quinn-in-bid-to-keep-big-four-20100630-zmtg.html

Read in that article that Storm forwards Adam Blair and Sika Manu could be released from the final years of their contracts if they can find another club to take them, they'd be an excellent acquisition for any club.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 6:40 am

Brenton wrote:

Watts has been our best player this season and would be absolutly stupid of them to let him go, but they seem pretty confident on signing him.
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/07/01/150421_cowboys.html

Word is that Ty Williams is most likely going to retire and Charlie Webb has not been offered anything from the Cows (thank God lol). Webb has interest from 1 NRL club and 1 Super League Club.
Back to top Go down
James
Professional
James

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 7:12 am

JB-NQC wrote:
Brenton wrote:

Watts has been our best player this season and would be absolutly stupid of them to let him go, but they seem pretty confident on signing him.

Word is that Ty Williams is most likely going to retire and Charlie Webb has not been offered anything from the Cows (thank God lol). Webb has interest from 1 NRL club and 1 Super League Club.

Wow! That is awesome news. The Cowboys are really heading in the right direction with a clean out. Hope they keep it going and make some more good signings.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 9:59 am

Scotty wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Brenton wrote:
J. Williams
Webb
Graham
Bani
O'Donnell
Fusi
Manuokafoa
T. Williams
Southern
Rovelli

1. Bowen
2. Winterstein
3. Tate
4. Tonga
6. Thompson/Arana
7. JT
8. Scott
9. Payney
10. J. Graham
11. Bolton
12. Mason
13. Hogan/Tamou

14. Watts/Segeyaro
15. L. Ah Mau
16. Tamou/Hogan
17. Tupou/anyone decent

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/storm-to-offload-hoffman-quinn-in-bid-to-keep-big-four-20100630-zmtg.html

Read in that article that Storm forwards Adam Blair and Sika Manu could be released from the final years of their contracts if they can find another club to take them, they'd be an excellent acquisition for any club.

We have been interested in Sika Manu a few times. Maybe we can nab him this time. Would be stoked if we got him, one of my faves
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 10:35 am

Steve Matai close to signing with the Warriors...
http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-league-news/warriors-close-steve-matai-deal-3620709
Brett White, Adam Blair also in talks.
Back to top Go down
CANTERBURY BLUES
Professional
CANTERBURY BLUES

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 1:10 pm

Heard Grant Millingtons name & Canterbury mentioned in the same sentence...

Hope its BS, prefer to extend Tandys stay before buying.
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 2:23 pm

Brenton wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Brenton wrote:
J. Williams
Webb
Graham
Bani
O'Donnell
Fusi
Manuokafoa
T. Williams
Southern
Rovelli

1. Bowen
2. Winterstein
3. Tate
4. Tonga
6. Thompson/Arana
7. JT
8. Scott
9. Payney
10. J. Graham
11. Bolton
12. Mason
13. Hogan/Tamou

14. Watts/Segeyaro
15. L. Ah Mau
16. Tamou/Hogan
17. Tupou/anyone decent

We have been interested in Sika Manu a few times. Maybe we can nab him this time. Would be stoked if we got him, one of my faves

Sika Manu would add heart to your pack
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:20 pm

JB-NQC wrote:
Brenton wrote:

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/06/30/150191_cowboys.html

Clint Amos is also almost certain to leave.

The clean out is in full swing.

Kaufusi and Manuakafoa are gone

And Clint Amos, Ty Williams and Carl Webb have all been linked to go elsewhere or retire.

Hopefully John Williams, Michael Bani, Grant Rovelli and a few other players join that que as well.

All I'll say is don't let the door hit you on the way out boys.

Of all the players off contract for us at the moment, the only players I can think of off the top of my head that I would be even remotely interested in keeping are Anthony Watts and Luke O'Donnell.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 4:43 am

Scotty wrote:
JB-NQC wrote:
Brenton wrote:

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/06/30/150191_cowboys.html

Clint Amos is also almost certain to leave.

The clean out is in full swing.

Kaufusi and Manuakafoa are gone

And Clint Amos, Ty Williams and Carl Webb have all been linked to go elsewhere or retire.

Hopefully John Williams, Michael Bani, Grant Rovelli and a few other players join that que as well.

All I'll say is don't let the door hit you on the way out boys.

Of all the players off contract for us at the moment, the only players I can think of off the top of my head that I would be even remotely interested in keeping are Anthony Watts and Luke O'Donnell.

I think Anthony Watts is going to the Roosters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumoured Signings
Page 3 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com