Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Rumoured Signings

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 4:49 am

Scotty wrote:
JB-NQC wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Anthony Watts ---> Roosters.

Read that someone saw it in the Courier Mail. Confusing signing if it goes ahead.

Watts has been our best player this season and would be absolutly stupid of them to let him go, but they seem pretty confident on signing him.
http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/07/01/150421_cowboys.html

Word is that Ty Williams is most likely going to retire and Charlie Webb has not been offered anything from the Cows (thank God lol). Webb has interest from 1 NRL club and 1 Super League Club.

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/article/2010/06/30/150191_cowboys.html

Clint Amos is also almost certain to leave.

The clean out is in full swing.

Kaufusi and Manuakafoa are gone

And Clint Amos, Ty Williams and Carl Webb have all been linked to go elsewhere or retire.

Hopefully John Williams, Michael Bani, Grant Rovelli and a few other players join that que as well.

All I'll say is don't let the door hit you on the way out boys.

Of all the players off contract for us at the moment, the only players I can think of off the top of my head that I would be even remotely interested in keeping are Anthony Watts and Luke O'Donnell.

No way do I want O'Donnell. He is prone to injury and suspension and just isn't worth the coin he is on. If he played almost every game for us then I would be happy to resign him
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:01 am

NRL_Fanatic wrote:
Scotty wrote:
JB-NQC wrote:
Brenton wrote:

Read that someone saw it in the Courier Mail. Confusing signing if it goes ahead.

Watts has been our best player this season and would be absolutly stupid of them to let him go, but they seem pretty confident on signing him.

Word is that Ty Williams is most likely going to retire and Charlie Webb has not been offered anything from the Cows (thank God lol). Webb has interest from 1 NRL club and 1 Super League Club.

And Clint Amos, Ty Williams and Carl Webb have all been linked to go elsewhere or retire.

Hopefully John Williams, Michael Bani, Grant Rovelli and a few other players join that que as well.

Of all the players off contract for us at the moment, the only players I can think of off the top of my head that I would be even remotely interested in keeping are Anthony Watts and Luke O'Donnell.

I think Anthony Watts is going to the Roosters

Why, because one article says the Roosters want him, I've seen other articles that say he's close to re-signing with us, you can't jump to conclusions based off one article. Besides the Roosters already have two hookers, if anything he'd had even less opportunities there than he would here.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:10 am

Brenton wrote:
Scotty wrote:
JB-NQC wrote:
Brenton wrote:

No way do I want O'Donnell. He is prone to injury and suspension and just isn't worth the coin he is on. If he played almost every game for us then I would be happy to resign him

Well put it this way, the only way I would be happy to see him go is if we picked up another forward of his quality, i.e. Origin/Test Rep, or two solid forwards for the same coin he's currently on, I don't think it would make sense to let him go if we can't find a suitable alternative to replace him with, remember we've already lost Rapira from our backrow and haven't signed anyone new yet in that area so we'd be more than a bit week there if we let him go and didn't replace him with anyone decent.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:14 am

With him, Webb and co leaving we will have plenty of cash to spend on someone who might be slightly worse in ability but at least will be on the park on a consistent basis
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:19 am

Brenton wrote:
With him, Webb and co leaving we will have plenty of cash to spend on someone who might be slightly worse in ability but at least will be on the park on a consistent basis

Like who though, you've got to think about who is available and who would be willing to come North.....

Have you got any names, I'm not being a smart ass I'm asking legitimately?
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:27 am

James Graham..
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:09 am

Brenton wrote:
James Graham..

I'd still rather O'Donnell.
Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:29 am

not sure if these two have been mentioned before but.

Matai to the Warriors (we dont need him but the warriors have offered him a two year deal)

Josh Dugan to the roosters
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:39 am

Who is Canberra's back up fullback then?
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 8:50 am

David Milne
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:18 am

Scotty wrote:
Brenton wrote:
James Graham..

So you would rather an injury prone and suspension prone player, over a player who is almost a clone of Ben Hannant?
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:40 am

Brenton wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Brenton wrote:
James Graham..

So you would rather an injury prone and suspension prone player, over a player who is almost a clone of Ben Hannant?

I would rather O'Donnell over Graham any day of the week yes, and so would the people who make the decisions at the Cowboys, nothing against Graham but he's just not up to the standard O'Donnell is, even when you take into account the injuries and suspension. NQ are only going to let him go if like I said there is a suitable replacement available or if they can pick up a couple of solid players for the same amount O'Donnell is on, otherwise there is no point in letting him go, it will be just taking yet another step in the wrong direction.

So I say again, who would be available to replace O'Donnell were we to voluntarily let him go?
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:41 am

I'd never want LOD at the Broncos
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 11:45 am

Scotty wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Brenton wrote:
James Graham..

I would rather O'Donnell over Graham any day of the week yes, and so would the people who make the decisions at the Cowboys, nothing against Graham but he's just not up to the standard O'Donnell is, even when you take into account the injuries and suspension. NQ are only going to let him go if like I said there is a suitable replacement available or if they can pick up a couple of solid players for the same amount O'Donnell is on, otherwise there is no point in letting him go, it will be just taking yet another step in the wrong direction.

So I say again, who would be available to replace O'Donnell were we to voluntarily let him go?

Would much rather put the faith into the young forwards. Our best players this year have been the young guys, whenever Dane Hogan has been out he has been very good, as has Leeson Ah Mau. and Jimmy Tamou has been carving up. And we are better off spending money on another prop eg. James Graham or something like that

On names on who we can replace LOD if we were to sign someone else, I have no clue. Ask the muppets known as the Cowboys Management
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 4:52 pm

Brenton wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Brenton wrote:
James Graham..

Would much rather put the faith into the young forwards. Our best players this year have been the young guys, whenever Dane Hogan has been out he has been very good, as has Leeson Ah Mau. and Jimmy Tamou has been carving up. And we are better off spending money on another prop eg. James Graham or something like that

On names on who we can replace LOD if we were to sign someone else, I have no clue. Ask the muppets known as the Cowboys Management

I'll agree that we shouldn't offer him what we did last time, and at the end of the day it might not be up to us, another club, i.e. cronulla who have been linked to him, could offer him more than we're willing to give him.

And I agree we have some good young forwards coming through I just think we should get rid of him for the sake of getting rid of him, look around at whats out there and if there are better options available than sure, don't re-sign him.
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:36 am

http://www.smh.com.au/ru...arks-20100702-zu0x.html

Boom rookie Blake Ferguson is quitting Cronulla because of the club's weaknesses on and off the field, and has activated a clause in his contract that should coach Ricky Stuart leave, he too could walk out.
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 11:28 am

Rozza wrote:
http://www.smh.com.au/ru...arks-20100702-zu0x.html

Boom rookie Blake Ferguson is quitting Cronulla because of the club's weaknesses on and off the field, and has activated a clause in his contract that should coach Ricky Stuart leave, he too could walk out.

Any news on who he's likely to go to?
Back to top Go down
Green Machine
Rookie
Green Machine

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 3:30 am

Blake Ferguson > raiders
Michael Gordon > sharks

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/raiders-chase-shark-blake-ferguson-while-sharks-seek-to-lure-panther-michael-gordon/story-e6frexnr-1225887496449

1 Dugs
2 Ferguson
3 Croker
4 Monaghan
5 Vidot

Or monaghan to the wing, thompson to the centres but i want to see thomo moved back into the second row
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:59 am

BORE WARS

We're already hearing whispers from extremely reliable sources that Karmichael Hunt is bored of playing AFL and wants to come back to the NRL or go overseas to play Union

Source: The Sunday Telegraph
Back to top Go down
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 5:04 am

^ Didn't take long haha, don't see him coming back to the NRL any time soon though, think he would play union overseas.

Wade Graham ---> Sharks

CRONULLA are looking to replace one of the oldest players in the NRL with one of the youngest, with moves to install boom Penrith playmaker Wade Graham as the replacement for retiring captain Trent Barrett.
The Sun-Herald can reveal that Graham, off contract at the end of the season, discussed the prospect of moving to the Shire in a meeting with incoming Sharks coach Shane Flanagan on Friday. Graham is one of the game's most promising playmakers, having made his NRL debut at the age of just 17. However, he's had limited opportunities in first grade this year after injuring his shoulder in a pre-season trial.
The 19-year-old will have a chance to impress prospective employers - the Cowboys have also expressed interest - when he takes on the high-flying Dragons tomorrow night.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sharks-throw-out-bait-to-lure-offcontract-graham-to-coast-20100703-zuvo.html
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 5:35 am

Brenton wrote:
BORE WARS

We're already hearing whispers from extremely reliable sources that Karmichael Hunt is bored of playing AFL and wants to come back to the NRL or go overseas to play Union

lmao
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 5:41 am

Seaeagles wrote:
^ Didn't take long haha, don't see him coming back to the NRL any time soon though, think he would play union overseas.

Wade Graham ---> Sharks

CRONULLA are looking to replace one of the oldest players in the NRL with one of the youngest, with moves to install boom Penrith playmaker Wade Graham as the replacement for retiring captain Trent Barrett.
The Sun-Herald can reveal that Graham, off contract at the end of the season, discussed the prospect of moving to the Shire in a meeting with incoming Sharks coach Shane Flanagan on Friday. Graham is one of the game's most promising playmakers, having made his NRL debut at the age of just 17. However, he's had limited opportunities in first grade this year after injuring his shoulder in a pre-season trial.
The 19-year-old will have a chance to impress prospective employers - the Cowboys have also expressed interest - when he takes on the high-flying Dragons tomorrow night.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sharks-throw-out-bait-to-lure-offcontract-graham-to-coast-20100703-zuvo.html

Don't want him. Already got Morgan and Ray T, who will be our halves pairing once JT leaves IMO
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:01 am

Just some more news on Kimmorley,

Quote :
Kimmorley is poised to decide within a fortnight whether to retire and move into coaching or continue into 2011 with another NRL side.
The Eels and Cronulla have both shown interest in discussing a short-term deal with the former NSW and Test halfback.

Soruce:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/no-contract-for-kimmorley-as-clubs-fight-to-sign-stars-20100704-zvw9.html
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:03 am

manly4lyf wrote:
Brenton wrote:
BORE WARS

lmao

I wonder how Israel Falou would feel if the sources are 100% true
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 3:43 am

Brett Kimmorley and Cooper Cronk sit at top of Canberra Raiders recruitment list according to the Canberra Times today.

The Newcastle Knights have reportedly told Scott Dureau that he won't be required at the club in 2011, has been linked to Catalans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rumoured Signings   Rumoured Signings - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rumoured Signings
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com