Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tigersfan#1
Trainee
tigersfan#1

Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight?? Empty
PostSubject: Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight??   Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 3:43 pm

Hey I am new to this forum,left the RL section on yahoo due to it filling over with trolls,apart from the result that was a pretty solid performance from the NSW boys tonight in particlar Gallen and Bird stood up.Hayne and Gidley were the other two stand-outs.

Were you impressed,what changes would you have for game one next year>>
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight??   Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 3:57 pm

Yes i thought it was a great game of footy. The Blues played well much more passing working our fowards around in the Middle a good game plan they played well 1 Ennis moment cost ya's the game.
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight??   Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:02 pm

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Lyon
7. Pearce
12. Gallen
13. Bird
14. Gidley
16. TLL

I think those 8 are guaranteed spots imo. I think Gordon, Snowden, Weyman, Watmough & Mannah should keep there jerseys. Thats 13 spots I think are secure. Leaving #4, #6, #9 and #17 up for grabs imo.
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight??   Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:07 pm

I don't rate Snowden as a Oreigin prop only cause he's a touch to slow off the mark imo. An NRL prop can be big tough and slowish but not Origin . It's only 1 game and i have this thing about slow props not making meters in Origin.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight??   Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:16 pm

Yeah I spose so. Took it to us for majority of the game.

As I said in the other thread, I wonder how the selectors will fuckup for game 1 next year?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

PostSubject: Re: Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight??   Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:21 pm

No, our halves gave our backs no ball.. Our forward pack were good
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight??   Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 4:38 pm

Mate I was the Cricket nerd on Y!A. Who were you?

Ok my rough sketch of what the NSW team should be like next year with their ages of what they will be when its Origin next year...

1. Jarryd Hayne (23)
2. Brett Morris (23)
3. Jamie Lyon (C) (29)
4. Chris Lawrence (22)
5. Michael Jennings (23)
6. Todd Carney (24)
7. Mitchell Pearce (22)
8. Luke Douglas (25)
9. Robbie Farah (27)
10. Michael Weyman (26)
11. Chris Heighington (29)
12. Paul Gallen (29)
13. Greg Bird (27)

14. Kurt Gidley (28)
15. Anthony Watmough (26)
16. Luke Lewis (27)
17. Tim Mannah (23)

18. Josh Dugan (21)
19. Kade Snowden (24)
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight??   Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:18 pm

had no idea Heighington was that old
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight??   Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight?? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 6:25 pm

OMG i've slowly been dirffting away from Yahoo Answer's Rugby League section because of that reason... the trolls are just out of control. I was ~Jenn~NQC~ on Y!A, who were you? Oh and The Tank, i just found out now that you were Cricket Nerd, looks like everyone from Y!A is migrating here.

I though the NSW forwards did well. The NSW halfs did not work well together; Barrett did alright but Pearce had no impact. I don't think the outside backs got enough ball so they had limited impact as well.

I think NSW need to stick with the same team for next year but there will obviosuly be some changes made to accomodate Barrett retiering. Also if Lyon is fit then he'll be there to repalce either Scott of Jennings.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight??   Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 4:18 am

JB-NQC wrote:
OMG i've slowly been dirffting away from Yahoo Answer's Rugby League section because of that reason... the trolls are just out of control. I was ~Jenn~NQC~ on Y!A, who were you? Oh and The Tank, i just found out now that you were Cricket Nerd, looks like everyone from Y!A is migrating here.

I though the NSW forwards did well. The NSW halfs did not work well together; Barrett did alright but Pearce had no impact. I don't think the outside backs got enough ball so they had limited impact as well.

I think NSW need to stick with the same team for next year but there will obviosuly be some changes made to accomodate Barrett retiering. Also if Lyon is fit then he'll be there to repalce either Scott of Jennings.

Or he could play five-eight if Scott and Jennings are kept
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight??   Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:08 am

The Bash Brothers both played fantastic last night and scored a try each. I'm happy with the performances of Hayne, Flash, TLL, Barrett, Pearce and King, as well as the Gallen and Bird. Snowden didn't play all too great, making the simple error 30 out from his line and then being lazy in defence when Slater broke through to score. But he can only learn from his mistakes I guess, so I look forward for watching him play again for the Blues next year. Jennings didn't really have a good game I thought, there wasn't many glimpses of magic by him as he was well defended by Inglis. Gidley had a fantastic game off the bench, made a couple of linebreaks and he was a handful for us.
But I expect many of the players that played last night to be there again, the changes I'd assume to the team would be Weyman, Douglas, Lawrence, Lyon and/or Farah. Also, I never thought I'd ever say this but I think it'll be time for Jamie Soward to have a crack at Origin, to replace the retiring Barrett at 6. Soward provides more attacking options and has an awesome kicking game.

1. Hayne 2. Morris 3. Lyon (c) 4. Lawrence 5. Gordon/Merritt 6. Soward 7. Pearce 8. Weyman 9. Ennis/Farah 10. Snowden 11. Lewis 12. Gallen 13. Bird

14. Gidley 15. Mannah/King 16. Watmough 17. TLL 18. Douglas
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight??   Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight?? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:14 am

NRL_Fanatic wrote:
JB-NQC wrote:

Or he could play five-eight if Scott and Jennings are kept

Please let that be sarcasm. We aren't going back to playing everyone out of position.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight??   Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Were you impressed with the NSW performance tonight??
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com