Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

 

 Best Field Goals you have seen

Go down 
AuthorMessage
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

Posts : 1535
Age : 25
Location : Australia, NSW

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:26 pm

While watching the tigers/titans game, Benji Marshall hit a crazy 50m field goal and Gus Gould reaction was the famous: WOOOWWW!!! wow indeed.

What other field goals have you seen
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

Posts : 1058
Location : Sydney

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 3:34 pm

Gotta give Locky's field goal in Origin 3 a mention.. that was pretty brilliant and one where no one saw coming.

Marshall's was absolutly brilliant as well.

I reckon we'll see a lot more of these long range field goals from now on. Everyone will be practicing at training that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Ashes
Guru
Ashes

Posts : 2234
Location : Places Unknown

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:45 pm

Shaun Timmins in Origin 04 I think.

And Ben Hornby's to go up 2-1 against the Eels one night they ended up winning 8-1.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

Posts : 1330
Age : 25
Location : Oz

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Lockyer kicked one a few years back and it hit both posts and then the cross bar didn't it?
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

Posts : 1559
Age : 31
Location : Townsville

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:09 pm

Locky's kick in origin 3 was bigger than Benji's distance wise, he kicked it from about 45 metres but it went through the posts at about 2/3 the way up, where as Benji's was from the half way line but hit the cross bar.

Both bloody good efforts though.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

Posts : 2372
Age : 25
Location : Sydney Reputation: █ █ █ █ █

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:42 pm

Who could have forgot Nathan Meritt's one? On such a tough angle and pressure aswell
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

Posts : 1535
Age : 25
Location : Australia, NSW

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:57 am

Scotty wrote:
Locky's kick in origin 3 was bigger than Benji's distance wise, he kicked it from about 45 metres but it went through the posts at about 2/3 the way up, where as Benji's was from the half way line but hit the cross bar.

Both bloody good efforts though.

As Phil Gould says: it went 50 metres and 6 inches lol
Back to top Go down
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

Posts : 4543
Age : 26

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:05 am

Jenko wrote:
Who could have forgot Nathan Meritt's one? On such a tough angle and pressure aswell

was that against the warriors in 2008 Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_question
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

Posts : 2156
Age : 40
Location : SYDNEY

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:21 am

Ablett29 wrote:
Jenko wrote:
Who could have forgot Nathan Meritt's one? On such a tough angle and pressure aswell

was that against the warriors in 2008 Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_question

Vs Tigers Round 10 last year in the last 30 secs from about 15 meters from touch and 25 meters out.. The whole crowd went up as it left the boot then half slumped straight back into their seats while the other half went nuts. Awesome game.. Grin
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

Posts : 3104
Location : Sydney

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:37 am

Lockyers SOO field goal 3 days ago is the best I've seen
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Posts : 3095
Age : 25
Location : Sydney

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:44 am

Lockyers and Marshall's were all great, but being a Souths fan, Merrit's is always in my mind as one of the greatest finishes to a game. Last second field goal from a pretty hard angle and of all players it comes from a winger. The first two were probably harder to achieve, but Merrit's one is my most memorable.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Posts : 10081
Location : Adelaide

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:19 am

Locky's field goal in the 2006 Grand Final Wink
Back to top Go down
Peter Sterling
Rookie
Peter Sterling

Posts : 94
Age : 60

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 5:42 am

Out of the two classic field goals kicked this week, the Darren Lockyer one is a class above.

In the pressure of Origin, he kicked the s*** out of the ball from 45 metres out, and landed on the dead ball line. If you can do a kick of that quality on the biggest stage in rugby league, then you deserve to be commended for it.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

Posts : 1535
Age : 25
Location : Australia, NSW

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:01 am

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Ablett29 wrote:
Jenko wrote:
Who could have forgot Nathan Meritt's one? On such a tough angle and pressure aswell

was that against the warriors in 2008 Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_question

Vs Tigers Round 10 last year in the last 30 secs from about 15 meters from touch and 25 meters out.. The whole crowd went up as it left the boot then half slumped straight back into their seats while the other half went nuts. Awesome game.. Grin

didnt he toe punted the ball?
Back to top Go down
Saints#1
Professional
Saints#1

Posts : 249
Age : 25
Location : Win Jubilee Oval

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:54 am

Nothing beats Shaun Timmins, Golden point winner in 04
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Posts : 10316
Age : 30
Location : Brisssyyyyyy

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 10:24 am

Locky vs the Titans in 08, hit both posts and the crossbar Laughing.

I was at that game up the other end of the ground and I went up as soon as he hit it and didnt realise it hit everything til I got home haha Best Field Goals you have seen 575896
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
DB
Guru
DB

Posts : 7357
Age : 29
Location : Canberra

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:15 pm

just said this in the origin thread but timmin's field goal to win the game is one that i will never forget, that was just amazing.

but benji's field goal the last friday was brilliant as well lol
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

Posts : 2156
Age : 40
Location : SYDNEY

Best Field Goals you have seen Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Field Goals you have seen   Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:34 pm

NRL_Fanatic wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Ablett29 wrote:
Jenko wrote:
Who could have forgot Nathan Meritt's one? On such a tough angle and pressure aswell

was that against the warriors in 2008 Best Field Goals you have seen Icon_question

Vs Tigers Round 10 last year in the last 30 secs from about 15 meters from touch and 25 meters out.. The whole crowd went up as it left the boot then half slumped straight back into their seats while the other half went nuts. Awesome game.. Grin

didnt he toe punted the ball?