Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Peter Sterling
Rookie
Peter Sterling

NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions Empty
PostSubject: NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions   NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 8:10 pm

After 5 series losses, a few changes, big big changes were inevitable. The NSWRL have even gone to such lengths to appoint Brian Canavan, who happens to be a Queenslander, to try and bring down Queensland for 2011's Origin Series. He will be researching performance techniques, training techniques and adopting the technique that Queensland has used so well; Queensland Emerging Origin Squad. Some of the players in the Queensland squad went through the QEQS, which include the modern-day stars of Johnathan Thurston, Sam Thaiday and Cameron Smith. The current QEQS boasts the likes of Chris Sandow, Dave Taylor, Richard Faaoso and Scott Bolton.

So, should NSW adopt this tactic too?

This would be ideal for us to groom and teach them about Origin, something the Queenslanders do so well. Young Canterbury star Jamal Idris and Canberra boom rookie Josh Dugan come to mind for stars to obtain spots in this squad. Aswell as hard workers Tim Mannah and Trent Merrin

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves. Queensland are clearing reaping the rewards from their years of hard work to bring up and deliver the current Queensland side we see today, which will be seen as the best ever after the convincing 3-0 whitewash of the Blues.

The coach? Phil Gould is a possibility, but I will stick with my choice of Ricky Stuart.

My main question is though, do you see the Blues winning a series soon? This would be my side for next year to combat the mighty Maroons

1. Josh Dugan (Canberra Raiders)
2. Jarryd Hayne (Parramatta Eels)
3. Michael Jennings (Penrith Panthers)
4. Beau Scott (St. George Illawarra Dragons)
5. Brett Morris (St. George Illawarra Dragons)
6. Todd Carney (Sydney Roosters)
7. Mitchell Pearce (Sydney Roosters)
8. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (Canberra Raiders)
9. Michael Ennis (Canterbury-Btown Bulldogs)
10. Kade Snowden (Cronulla Sharks)
11. Luke Lewis (Penrith Panthers)
12. Paul Gallen (Cronulla Sharks)
13. Greg Bird (Gold Coast Titans)

14. Kurt Gidley (Newcastle Knights)
15. Tim Mannah (Parramatta Eels)
16. Aiden Tolman (Melbourne Storm)
17. Anthony Watmough (Manly Sea Eagles)

18. Luke Douglas (Cronulla Sharks)
19. Chris Lawrence (Wests Tigers)
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions   NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:46 am

NSW should make an emerging squad and have players like Fensom, Keatinig and Idris.
My team for next year and I will include how old they will be come Origin next year....

1. Jarryd Hayne (23)
2. Brett Morris (23)
3. Jamie Llyon (C) (29)
4. Chris Lawrence (22)
5. Michael Jennings (23)
6. Todd Carney (24)
7. Mitchell Pearce (22)
8. Luke Douglas (25)
9. Robbie Farah (27)
10. Kade Snowden (24)
11. Luke Lewis (27)
12. Paul Gallen (29)
13. Greg Bird (27)

14. Kurt Gidley (28)
15. Tim Mannah (23)
16. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs (25)
17. Anthony Watmough (26)
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

PostSubject: Re: NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions   NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:52 am

I can't really see the Blues winning, they always select front row packs that gets beaten and destroyed by the Queenslanders and is probably the reason why we aren't that successful.

But we do have some good props coming around that are showing the same strong workload and power as the Maroons' forwards show such as Tim Grant who averages around 120m (Best prop in M just after Civo), and Tim Mannah and Luke Douglas. They all are committed props who have a strong workload and play strong minutes
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions   NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 3:00 am

they should just stick with Origin III team with Carney at five-eighth, Lyon or Lawrence in the centre partnering Jennings and Farah at hooker
Back to top Go down
Peter Sterling
Rookie
Peter Sterling

PostSubject: Re: NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions   NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:05 pm

I actually forgot about Jamie Lyon. He will find it hard to crack the squad though. Beau Scott did a great job on Greg Inglis in Game 3 and Michael Jennings is the future. Jamie would certainly come into the fray when one of the centres went down injured or suspensed.
Back to top Go down
Saints#1
Professional
Saints#1

PostSubject: Re: NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions   NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:01 pm

Dont you think that NSW should give Soward a crack i mean pretty much every NSW halve has played except for him and morts maybe its time for them to step up.
Back to top Go down
Peter Sterling
Rookie
Peter Sterling

PostSubject: Re: NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions   NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Saints#1 wrote:
Dont you think that NSW should give Soward a crack i mean pretty much every NSW halve has played except for him and morts maybe its time for them to step up.

I firmly believe you need a strong defensive game to be in the halves. Mitch Pearce and Todd Carney boast pretty good records in defense, and the club combination should come into consideration too.

Jamie Soward is just too much of a liability in defense for my liking, he will be found out too many times and will be steamrolled by the likes of David Taylor, Sam Thaiday and Greg Inglis.

You may also put a case forward that Johnathan Thurston is in the same boat as Jamie Soward on the issue of defence. Johnathan missed a staggering 13 tackles in Origin III. The difference is, is that the fact he is the best halfback in the game, and his attacking game alone should make him picked every time.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions   NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 4:27 pm

Yeah I agree. Carney and Pearce should be the halves combination largely on the fact the they are a club combination and I think club combinations are important in rep games. Just look at Slater and C Smith
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions   NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NSW Orgin - Are they finally getting it right + my opinions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com