Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Francois Steyn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sibs#12
Legend

Francois Steyn Empty
PostSubject: Francois Steyn   Francois Steyn Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:35 am

I don't come into this section too often, I follow rugby (mainly Tri-Nations but also some Super Rugby), trying to get into it for next season so I'll visit more often. Smile But anyway, I was checking out some videos on YouTube and noticed some insane drop goals by Francois Steyn, the young back from South Africa. Check these out:

Crazy stuff, he can kick the ball a bloody long way, in my searches I also found a video of him kicking from about 5 metres outside his own try line, into the opposition's in-goal area (was against the Brumbies) Shocked

First one is the best, he could've taken it 10-20 metres back and it would've still made it.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

Francois Steyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francois Steyn   Francois Steyn Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:55 am

He sure can kick a drop goal.

I am surprised he hasn't been brought back in to the Springboks squad, seen they don't have any issue playing Northern Hemisphere based players, Butch James and Jean De Villiers for example.

Is he injured or they just not using him?? He'd be a better option that Butch James I reckon. Also a stronger FB than Kirchner.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

Francois Steyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francois Steyn   Francois Steyn Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 3:26 am

I remember hearing earlier this year that Steyn and the SA coach had a disagreement early this year so that might have something to do with it?

Steyn is a top class player. For the sake of the game, I definitely would like to see him playing in the Super 15/Tri Nations.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

Francois Steyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francois Steyn   Francois Steyn Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 4:27 am

Yeah I read something about Steyn but couldn't remember if it was injury or a clash that kept him out - I actually though it was injury...
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Beckham
Beckham

Francois Steyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francois Steyn   Francois Steyn Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 7:17 am

This bloke is extremely annoying to watch at times, other times he can be brilliant..

I remember one game he just kept taking shots everytime he got the ball and eventually he got one i think but for the rest of the game the crowd gave it to him everytime he got the ball.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Francois Steyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francois Steyn   Francois Steyn Icon_minitimeSun Jul 11, 2010 2:31 pm

Was it Steyn who kicked that droppie against the Wallabies over there a couple of yrs ago?
Late on in the game he was on some absurd angle about 45 mtrs out and nailed it, was insane!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sponsored content

Francois Steyn Empty
PostSubject: Re: Francois Steyn   Francois Steyn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Francois Steyn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com