Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Official Cowboys 2011 Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 42  Next
AuthorMessage
James
Professional
James

Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:16 am

I thought they couldn't take the Scott Bolton incident any further because Toopi didn't want to make an official complaint?

5 weeks for Hogan is a bit over the top IMO. It was bad but its not as if he had his arms between the legs or slammed his head or anything like that and also from memory O'Donnell had Gordon around the chest which would have made the outcome worse which wasn't Hogans fault.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:33 am

Ok so there will be 2 guys making their club debuts I think, Steve Southern, Steve Rapira, LOD and Mitchell Achurch are all injured and Dane Hogan, James Tamou and Scott Bolton are suspended. Add to that Manase Manuokafoa and Antonio Kaufusi gone midseason.

That is 9 players unavailable. Facepalm
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:43 am

Brenton wrote:
Ok so there will be 2 guys making their club debuts I think, Steve Southern, Steve Rapira, LOD and Mitchell Achurch are all injured and Dane Hogan, James Tamou and Scott Bolton are suspended. Add to that Manase Manuokafoa and Antonio Kaufusi gone midseason.

That is 9 players unavailable. Facepalm

Any Idea who we'll bring into the side?

Probably players from the Under 20's I'd say, which is unfortunate as they've got a very difficult end to the season ahead of them.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:47 am

Well, the forwards from the 20's who played on the weekend are -

Aiden Day
Sam Hoare
Chris McLean
Jason Taumalolo
Chris Faust

Bench: Callum Haywood, John Koko, Chris Grevsmuhi.

If anyone stands out it is Jason Taumalolo, but he is only 17 years old...
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:22 am

I'm not to keen on bringing in one of the Under 20's players. The Baby Cowboys are going real good this season and putting them in a team (the First Grade team) that's doing horrible might affect their confidence and the rest of the teams chances of proceeding further into the finals.

But it looks like there isn't any other choice.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:25 am

Why is Hogan getting a minimum of 5 weeks !!! ?? That shits me, when a guy can punch a guy in the back of the head and get two weeks
Back to top Go down
James
Professional
James

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:26 am

I'm not sure how any of their U20s are going and I haven't been able to catch much QLD Cup lately so I dunno who they could call up but my attempt is:

8.Scott
9.Payne
10.Mason
11.Harris
12.Ah Mau
13.Clint Amos

14.Watts
15.Ah Mau
16.Webb
17.Tupou

Amos has played lock before but I have no idea if he still can... From what I have seen of him I think he would be up to the task unless there is some other obvious option that I am missing. Tupou can play in the back row but I can't see him being picked there.

Mason and Scott are going to have to dig extra deep, even deeper than they have been this season, and really lead up front otherwise I can see the Cowboys getting absolutely belted.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:36 am

Nope, Tupou is going to play NYC for the rest of the year so he can qualify for the NYC finals. You need to play 12 NYC games in the regular season to qualify for the NYC finals series and if Tupou plays the rest of the games in the NYC season he will qualify for the finals
Back to top Go down
James
Professional
James

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:50 am

Brenton wrote:
Nope, Tupou is going to play NYC for the rest of the year so he can qualify for the NYC finals. You need to play 12 NYC games in the regular season to qualify for the NYC finals series and if Tupou plays the rest of the games in the NYC season he will qualify for the finals

Yea, I knew that but I couldn't think of anyone else and I haven't seen enough U20s games to judge.

How is Slyney going? Hes still contracted to the Cowboys.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:04 pm

Bolton getting done by the judiciary is an absolute rort.

Jamie Soward got away with biting last year based on the player he bit not making an official on field complaint and now they are going to charge Bolton even though Toopi never lodged a complaint. Double standards at it's finest there folks.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 2:09 pm

What more do you expect? If they even dared charge Soward they would get a rocket up the ass from Wayne Bennett. No one questions Wayne Bennett, or so it seems.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:27 am

Apparently these props are still off contract for next season.

Jarrad Hickey
Scott Logan
John Mannah
Anthony Tupou
Josh Cordoba
Grant Millington
Brad Meyers
Aaron Cannings
Jason King
Ben Cross
Mark Tuafua
Frank Pritchard
Frank Puletua
Garret Crossman
Ben Ross
Lopini Paea
Jesse Royal
Jeremy Latimore
Jason Cayless

Surely we could get at least one of them.....
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:32 am

Grant Millington wouldn't go too badly.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:42 am

Scotty wrote:

Jarrad Hickey
Scott Logan
John Mannah
Anthony Tupou
Josh Cordoba
Grant Millington
Brad Meyers
Aaron Cannings
Jason King
Ben Cross
Mark Tuafua
Frank Pritchard
Frank Puletua
Garret Crossman
Ben Ross
Lopini Paea
Jesse Royal
Jeremy Latimore
Jason Cayless

Logan and Cayless are both supposedly retiring Frank Puletua is staying at Penrith and Meyers has signed for another 2 years with the titans.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:43 am

Brenton wrote:
Grant Millington wouldn't go too badly.

Most of those players are better than the alternative, that being nothing, or even worse, Webb.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:44 am

Tanswell87 wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Jarrad Hickey
Scott Logan
John Mannah
Anthony Tupou
Josh Cordoba
Grant Millington
Brad Meyers
Aaron Cannings
Jason King
Ben Cross
Mark Tuafua
Frank Pritchard
Frank Puletua
Garret Crossman
Ben Ross
Lopini Paea
Jesse Royal
Jeremy Latimore
Jason Cayless

Logan and Cayless are both supposedly retiring Frank Puletua is staying at Penrith and Meyers has signed for another 2 years with the titans.

That's why I said apparently, it's not my list, I got it off the NQ thread on sportal.

Even still though there's still some good players on that list excluding those you mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 11:44 am

^Logan is only going to play NRL if he gets a very good offer, which is basically no chance of happening. He is going to move to Wollongong and be a captain coach of a local team. The local comp around here already has a lot of former NRL players like Jacob Selmes, Ian Donnelly, Mathew Head, Andrew Emelio, David Peachey, Matthew Rieck and formerly Craig Stapleton. There are a few more though.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:14 pm

Scotty wrote:

Jarrad Hickey
Scott Logan
John Mannah
Anthony Tupou
Josh Cordoba
Grant Millington
Brad Meyers
Aaron Cannings
Jason King
Ben Cross
Mark Tuafua
Frank Pritchard
Frank Puletua
Garret Crossman
Ben Ross
Lopini Paea
Jesse Royal
Jeremy Latimore
Jason Cayless

Tupou thanks. Shame we can't afford him Neutral
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:29 pm

Scott Bolton found not guilty cheers
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:47 pm

Brenton wrote:
cheers
Quote :
The exoneration means Bolton, a former New Zealand international, retains his clean record after three seasons.
Huh?? LOL!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/08/18/2986835.htm?site=sport&section=rugbyleague
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 12:48 pm

Very accurate journalism there lol
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 1:30 pm

JB-NQC wrote:
Brenton wrote:
cheers
Quote :
The exoneration means Bolton, a former New Zealand international, retains his clean record after three seasons.
Huh?? LOL!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/08/18/2986835.htm?site=sport&section=rugbyleague

Haha, Bolton's from Innisfail in NQ, quite a long way from NZ

lol
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:50 pm

Brenton wrote:
Scott Bolton found not guilty Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_cheers
He was just hungry thats all. Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:53 pm

JB-NQC wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Scott Bolton found not guilty Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_cheers
Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_cheers
Quote :
Huh?? LOL!

[url=http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/08/18/2986835.htm?site=sport┬žion=rugbyleague

lol, Internet journals are always shitty quality
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:59 am

Brenton wrote:
^Logan is only going to play NRL if he gets a very good offer, which is basically no chance of happening. He is going to move to Wollongong and be a captain coach of a local team. The local comp around here already has a lot of former NRL players like Jacob Selmes, Ian Donnelly, Mathew Head, Andrew Emelio, David Peachey, Matthew Rieck and formerly Craig Stapleton. There are a few more though.

Peachey's playing in Wollongong?

He plays for Dubbo in group 11 most weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Cowboys 2011 Thread    Official Cowboys 2011 Thread  - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Cowboys 2011 Thread
Page 6 of 42Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 24 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
How to make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com