Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:01 pm

Styletix wrote:
lol how did these clowns think they werent going to get caught?
Back to top Go down
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:53 pm

Styletix wrote:
lol how did these clowns think they werent going to get caught?

haha well if they were paying anthony quinn 300k a season, obviously somethings going down
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Apparently the Storm's independent directors haven't seen the report yet and the Media have.

The NRL are handling this real well, considering they handed out the punishments before knowing the whole situation (even tho they are just) and not allowing full transparency in their decision making...
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:20 pm

Rozza wrote:
1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Chase Stanley
4. Greg Inglis
5. Dane Nielsen
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Bryan Norrie
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Brett White
11. Sika Manu/Adam Blair
12. Kevin Procter
13. Billy Rogers

14. Rory Kostjasyn
15. Sione Kite
16. Jesse Bromwich
17. Atelea Vea

18. Justin O'Neill
19. Dane Chisholm
20. Sinbad Kali
21. Louis Fanene
22. Blake Leary
23. Robbie Rochow
24. Fred Makimare
25. Luke Kelly

Yeah I have come up with just about the same team if we managed to keep the main 4. Still a competitive side
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:38 am

Theyd be stupid to build a side around Billy, GI, Cronk and Smith.
As DD said, no depth or anything in the squad and theyd struggle to avoid the bottom 4 imo.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:28 am

Breach - 2007 $500k, Breach 2010 - Over 1 million

Brian Waldron, Hanson, Gregory, O'Sullivan and Vaile to blame

Evidence exists that they covered their tracks.

Unity foundation and McManus group were used to fund the breaches. They
paid the players 3rd party payments, and invoiced the club for
donations or consulting fees.

No evidence found to link Jayco.

Small amounts paid to players over a long period to avoid detection. Also free flights, cars etc

7 current and 6 former players benefitted.

Chambers, Crocker, Cronk, Geyer, Hoffman, Inglis, Johnston, Kafusi,
Smith, Inglis, Turner, Slater and White. No evidence found that players
knew *cough*

Players and managers refused to co-operate, Bellamy did co-operate.

Matters referred to police.

4 independent directors sacked.

No possible way to retain all of there big four, and perhaps two might have flee the club.
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:53 am

How is there no possible way to retain the BIG 4? expand on that..

Cause as I see there is a way, and probably the most likely outcome is that they will, by just filling the roster with rookies and players worth 50-100k around them.

I think they would have an average of 95k to give the other 21 players if they retain the big 4... so there is a way.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:00 am

Svoerman wrote:
How is there no possible way to retain the BIG 4? expand on that..

Cause as I see there is a way, and probably the most likely outcome is that they will, by just filling the roster with rookies and players worth 50-100k around them.

I think they would have an average of 95k to give the other 21 players if they retain the big 4... so there is a way.

That would be commiting football suicide right there. They've already offloaded a stack of players in an attempt to keep those four players, and they'd have to offload a stack more after these new findings in another desperate bid. The storm now are running on empty in terms of depth stocks, They basically have no chance in my mind to make the 8 next year, offload anymore players and they'd be dead-set close to running last. Those four players would have no platform what-so-ever to work off, those four players individually may ignite, but as combinations they'd struggle with the surroundings they'd have on a week to week basis.

They never should of offloaded all of those 10 players in the first place, conceded they needed to offload at least one high profile player, and most of their depth is still there, They wouldn't be in a big of a hole as they are now.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:04 am

Paycuts, surely ...
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:07 am

Cynic wrote:
Paycuts, surely ...

Inglis wouldn't take a paycut to be with his fiancee in Brisbane, so i'd highly doubt he'd take one to stay in melbourne being a plane ride away.
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:09 am

I agree.

Though what you said then and "no possible way" they could keep them have two totally different meanings.

If they did that though. The storm wouldn't be looking at a flag in 2011, but in 2013 when the rookies they've signed to 2-3 years develop bigger bodies and become acustom to the game. This would then build the foundation for the run at a flag in 2013 (or even 12, depending on the rate of development)

In 2013 It would be coming to an end of the Slater, Smith and Cronk era. Its now time for the Storm to look a couple years ahead, not just to 2011. but to 2013 when their next realistic shot at a flag may be.

Also if the Storm sold Inglis/Slater to other clubs for less then they are on atm they would've to cop the difference in their cap. Which would be just a stupid move as they are already paying them overs (according to some)
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:56 am

Svoerman wrote:
I agree.

Though what you said then and "no possible way" they could keep them have two totally different meanings.

If they did that though. The storm wouldn't be looking at a flag in 2011, but in 2013 when the rookies they've signed to 2-3 years develop bigger bodies and become acustom to the game. This would then build the foundation for the run at a flag in 2013 (or even 12, depending on the rate of development)

In 2013 It would be coming to an end of the Slater, Smith and Cronk era. Its now time for the Storm to look a couple years ahead, not just to 2011. but to 2013 when their next realistic shot at a flag may be.

Also if the Storm sold Inglis/Slater to other clubs for less then they are on atm they would've to cop the difference in their cap. Which would be just a stupid move as they are already paying them overs (according to some)

What i meant is, no possible smart solution for them to keep those four players, and in my opinion, it was never a smart move when it was always the possibility of that they'd have to offload up to the majority of their first grade playing roster and then not being totally guaranteed on keeping the big four players there anyway.
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:57 am

Fair enough...

I still think Inglis will move to Essendon and Slater, Smith and Cronk will stay in Melbourne.
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:12 am

Pretty glad this is over now...time to drop players, drop the court case and get back to some Rugby league! I miss it
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:13 am

Is Gallop within his rights to prohibit Storm's players to offer pay cuts? Or is this just desserts?
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:15 am

Cynic wrote:
Is Gallop within his rights to prohibit Storm's players to offer pay cuts? Or is this just desserts?
Didn't Gasnier take a pay cut to join the Dragons or something? If so, then why not allow the Storm players to take pay cuts? If they are willing to do so then go for it i say.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:16 am

Apparently they're not allowed to.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:22 am

JB-NQC wrote:
Cynic wrote:
Didn't Gasnier take a pay cut to join the Dragons or something? If so, then why not allow the Storm players to take pay cuts? If they are willing to do so then go for it i say.

The Storm are being made to honor the contracts they had the players sign. It's completely different to Gasnier as his deal was negotiated to take less money this year then each year he gets an upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:24 am

Ah. Decent logic there.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:32 am

Oh i see.

Can't wait till this Storm inquiry is done and dusted and all sorted out. It's such a headache!
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:48 am

This is what shits me about this whole thing...the storm players are more then happy to take pay-cuts...Slater is willing to stay for minimum pay and are the other boys apparently. I honestly think Gallop is trying to destroy the storm. I can cop the punishments, they were probably fair to an extent. But I'm not happy at all about them trying to dismantle us, it isn't right.

I know we can't because we have to see out the contracts first but I've always thought that rule was stupid
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:37 am

I highly doubt Slater is willing to stay for minimum pay.

Maybe take a big pay cut but no way he would play for minimum.
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:46 am

Tanswell87 wrote:
I highly doubt Slater is willing to stay for minimum pay.

Maybe take a big pay cut but no way he would play for minimum.

Seen quotes from the man himself somewhere, will fish around but it was something along the lines of he will do whatever he can possible to stay with Bellamy and the storm, even if it means playing for nothing
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:46 am

socceroos06 wrote:
This is what shits me about this whole thing...the storm players are more then happy to take pay-cuts...Slater is willing to stay for minimum pay and are the other boys apparently. I honestly think Gallop is trying to destroy the storm. I can cop the punishments, they were probably fair to an extent. But I'm not happy at all about them trying to dismantle us, it isn't right.

I know we can't because we have to see out the contracts first but I've always thought that rule was stupid

What do you mean they're trying to dismantle you, you've done a decent job at doing that yourselves. As for pay-cuts you have to remember this is still a job (even though it dosn't seem like it) but would you be happy to work under your standard wages at your normal day to day job, Fark No. They will still expect a decent amount of money, atleast i would.

This club has tarnished the NRL brand forever, i've said it before but they deserve everything they are getting.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:49 am

Beckham wrote:
socceroos06 wrote:

What do you mean they're trying to dismantle you, you've done a decent job at doing that yourselves. As for pay-cuts you have to remember this is still a job (even though it dosn't seem like it) but would you be happy to work under your standard wages at your normal day to day job, Fark No. They will still expect a decent amount of money, atleast i would.

This club has tarnished the NRL brand forever, i've said it before but they deserve everything they are getting.

The NRL are not giving us any leeway in terms of finding an alternative to get us under the cap, and they (Gallop in particular) have more or less said he wants the team to disband. If the players are wanting to take a massive paycut in order to stay I think that should be allowed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com