Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:37 pm

Some of the players were probably definitely suspicious, and I think a few times (repordedly) they inquired whether they were being paid within the cap which of course the storm admin said they were. Billy Slater is 100% out of the clear as he said when signing contracts he wants to remain in the cap and not face any hassles.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:39 pm

socceroos06 wrote:
Max1990 wrote:

I still cannot believe he turned us down. His fiancee is now in Brisbane, he also has family there too. 400k a season isn't bad money at all, apparently he's earning 580k at Melbourne.

Obviously proves he doesn't play for money and just loved the club...just majorly contradicts the NRL fans who say our PLAYERS are money greedy. I admit what we did was very wrong, just hate hearing the players being brought into this when they clearly aren't doing it for the money

How does that at all prove he is staying for love and not money?

He turned down $400,000 because he would rather the $600,000 from the Storm so to me it seems to be the exact opposite situation to what your saying.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:40 pm

Max1990 wrote:
*Your 2009 NRL premiers.....The Parramatta Eels*. Sorry, but that's what it should be.

Parramatta never would have beaten us in the Grand Final if we hadn't been eliminated by the Storm.
Back to top Go down
JT#7
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:13 pm

Wouldn't the players know about every cent they were earning??? The agents and players themselves would know exactly what they are entitled to [or should]. I think this is only part of the story and there more to come when the police and ATO get involved. I don't think all players knew about the rorting but I think 2 or 3 would have had some idea and I'm sure the truth will come out eventually.

It's funny that Storm supporters are saying how much the players love the club and will take pay cuts blah blah. Why didn't they accept less money when their last contracts were up for renewal?? They clearly wanted the best deal possible and this is where the cheating fits into it all.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:14 pm

Parra would have defintely beaten Brisbane.. they were on such a roll.
They pushed Melbourne to the brink in the GF.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:22 pm

Nah when that big game rolls around the broncos completely up the tempo. We woulda rolled the eels easy.
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 5:50 pm

JT#7 wrote:
Wouldn't the players know about every cent they were earning??? The agents and players themselves would know exactly what they are entitled to [or should]. I think this is only part of the story and there more to come when the police and ATO get involved. I don't think all players knew about the rorting but I think 2 or 3 would have had some idea and I'm sure the truth will come out eventually.

It's funny that Storm supporters are saying how much the players love the club and will take pay cuts blah blah. Why didn't they accept less money when their last contracts were up for renewal?? They clearly wanted the best deal possible and this is where the cheating fits into it all.

Because they players would be stupid not to take the highest offer the storm gave them. But that doesn't mean they knew they were going over.
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 7:16 am

Canberra Raiders were busted cheating the salary cap (Massively) in 1991 they went on to play in the 91 GF.
Cheating is ok in Rugby League to think otherwise would give me the impression you may not have played the game.

Winning ugly cause winning is all that matters.
In Rugby League you could say the Ends justify the means the Sport is ruthless and cut throat any shortcut is acceptable.
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 1:39 pm

How silly do you melbourne players look prancing about with the Premiership Trophy, Go to your graves as the dirty 13 ....14 counting the coach,.....funny photos now. Liars and cheats. Make sure you tell your kids wonts you....Daddy tried to cheat and got caught big time.......LOL..LOL
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 6:14 pm

SUGEKNIGHT wrote:
How silly do you melbourne players look prancing about with the Premiership Trophy, Go to your graves as the dirty 13 ....14 counting the coach,.....funny photos now. Liars and cheats. Make sure you tell your kids wonts you....Daddy tried to cheat and got caught big time.......LOL..LOL

...were playing like crap because the players - most of which knew nothing - are depressed about the whole situation and find it hard to get up for it every week. I will happily let my kids know that the storm, even after what happened, managed to stay united.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 6:22 pm

Suge comes from Cairns, aka Queensland. Enough said.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 6:28 pm

Cynic wrote:
Suge comes from Cairns, aka Queensland. Enough said.

What?
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 6:30 pm

He enforces my dodgy stereotype of Queensland NRL fans ...
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 7:14 pm

BTW, I might be hypocritical broncos fan but all the bad things i said about Greg Inglis being a cheater...I take it back. Welcome to the Broncos Inglis.
I am cool with G.I, however this friendly kind mannered view does not apply to the rest of the Storm players.
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 7:15 pm

Cynic wrote:
He enforces my dodgy stereotype of Queensland NRL fans ...

what are you tryna say??
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 5:15 am

SUGEKNIGHT wrote:
BTW, I might be hypocritical broncos fan but all the bad things i said about Greg Inglis being a cheater...I take it back. Welcome to the Broncos Inglis.
I am cool with G.I, however this friendly kind mannered view does not apply to the rest of the Storm players.

So you're just very bias...?
Mate Brian Waldron could come to your club and you would probably convince yourself he isn't a cheater.
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:28 am

If my comments came across poorly i did't want to have a go at anyone i just wanted to draw a line in the sand
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow   Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Melbourne storm Report - released tomorrow
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com