Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

 

 NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru


Posts : 1378
Age : 28

NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Empty
PostSubject: NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide   NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:04 pm

There isn't much to tinker with our game. But to make our competition better, here are some ideas


  • Get rid of the scrum: nowadays It's for forwards to take a breather
  • Reduce the amount of Interchange: To really test the teams fitness.
  • Keep the salary cap. In the late 70s and early 80s, only 3 teams dominated. After the salary cap was introduced in the last 10 years, only one team dominated in a period of 4-5 years...by cheating!!
  • Expand the competition in order to become a truly national sport; Adelaide, Perth and even Darwin. Places like Gosford, Central QLD and Ipswich should have to wait.
  • Get rid of some Sydney teams and maybe relocate them.

I like to see a team in Adelaide. During the Super League years, It boosted crowds of 15,000. Most clubs can't match that number. I hate the Storms but we have to keep a team in Melbourne regardless. Also Sydney is not the foothold no more.
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

Posts : 3822
Age : 28

NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide   NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:25 pm

if a team was to die/move surely it would be cronulla
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

Posts : 6486
Age : 26
Location : olympic park

NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide   NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:36 pm

I think raise the salary cap, or get rid of it. How often do we see the stars of the NRL get drained out to England because no NRL clubs can afford them? Too often ..and now players are even switching codes! It reduces the quality of our competition dramatically, seeing the likes of Finch, Falou, Karmichael Hunt, SBW etc etc leave.
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru


Posts : 1378
Age : 28

NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide   NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:45 pm

jtm91 wrote:
if a team was to die/move surely it would be cronulla
That was the samething I was thinking. Most of their fans don't even bother showing up
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

Posts : 6486
Age : 26
Location : olympic park

NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide   NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 4:58 pm

SUGEKNIGHT wrote:
jtm91 wrote:
if a team was to die/move surely it would be cronulla
That was the samething I was thinking. Most of their fans don't even bother showing up

I love it how storm fans are more positive than Cronulla fans Laughing
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru


Posts : 1378
Age : 28

NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide   NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:01 pm

socceroos06 wrote:
I think raise the salary cap, or get rid of it. How often do we see the stars of the NRL get drained out to England because no NRL clubs can afford them? Too often ..and now players are even switching codes! It reduces the quality of our competition dramatically, seeing the likes of Finch, Falou, Karmichael Hunt, SBW etc etc leave.

I think you’re being a bit heavy there. Apart from the Sharks, the salary cap has achieved what it’s there for - to have an even competition where every team has a chance of winning just about every weekend. Sure Superstars will go...but there are always replacements, Hoffman for Hunt, Idris for SBW etc.
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

Posts : 6486
Age : 26
Location : olympic park

NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide   NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:11 pm

SUGEKNIGHT wrote:
socceroos06 wrote:
I think raise the salary cap, or get rid of it. How often do we see the stars of the NRL get drained out to England because no NRL clubs can afford them? Too often ..and now players are even switching codes! It reduces the quality of our competition dramatically, seeing the likes of Finch, Falou, Karmichael Hunt, SBW etc etc leave.

I think you’re being a bit heavy there. Apart from the Sharks, the salary cap has achieved what it’s there for - to have an even competition where every team has a chance of winning just about every weekend. Sure Superstars will go...but there are always replacements, Hoffman for Hunt, Idris for SBW etc.

This is true, but perhaps even a decent increase, rather than scrapping the cap all together. Because yeah these players are being replaced but not by the same quality, the NRL is unable to compete financially with other codes and leagues which is essentially forcing our players out. This would also ensure a tight competition.
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru


Posts : 1378
Age : 28

NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide   NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 5:33 pm

socceroos06 wrote:
SUGEKNIGHT wrote:
socceroos06 wrote:
I think raise the salary cap, or get rid of it. How often do we see the stars of the NRL get drained out to England because no NRL clubs can afford them? Too often ..and now players are even switching codes! It reduces the quality of our competition dramatically, seeing the likes of Finch, Falou, Karmichael Hunt, SBW etc etc leave.

I think you’re being a bit heavy there. Apart from the Sharks, the salary cap has achieved what it’s there for - to have an even competition where every team has a chance of winning just about every weekend. Sure Superstars will go...but there are always replacements, Hoffman for Hunt, Idris for SBW etc.

This is true, but perhaps even a decent increase, rather than scrapping the cap all together. Because yeah these players are being replaced but not by the same quality, the NRL is unable to compete financially with other codes and leagues which is essentially forcing our players out. This would also ensure a tight competition.

an increase salary for quality players who have proven to be loyal to the code would be good. Maybe one way they could prove this is to play over a 100 games before they can get this increase. I think each club should be able to atleast retain 2 of their stars by giving them an attractive offer legally while the rest are within the cap. This way it can help maintain the stars in the competition while keeping it competitive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Empty
PostSubject: Re: NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide   NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
NRL must expand to Perth, Adelaide
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com