Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:54 am

Beckham wrote:
Enjoy this you mother f***ing scum bags. The better your side gets the funnier it will be when the mighty Chooks crush you, and your team of "stars" fail. Can't wait.

The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Wooden-spoon

Is that the one yo received in 09?? Wink Anyway get out of here with ya cock lovin' before you infect everyone with your bird flu..
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 6:55 am

GI to get injured pre-season and sit out all year.
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:08 am

Brenton wrote:

We can only hope
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 7:16 am

Haters Grin Laughing
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 9:01 am

Brenton wrote:

Injured (Yes)
Pre-season (Yes)
Sit out 2010 (Yes)

Fine by me Smile
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 9:57 am

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Haters Grin Laughing

Haha yeah, I see so much envy from the Broncos fan.. Laughing
As a Panther fan, i don't really care tbh.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:07 am

It's not about being a Bronco fan mate, it's about the loyalty altogether. Said he was committed, goes away for a few days, dickhead 1 and dickhead 2 have a chat to him, all of a sudden he ditches us. That would frustrate any fan. I never liked him anyway, so me bagging him is nothing new.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 10:50 am

Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Thehattrickrabbit wrote:
Brenton wrote:

Injured (Yes)
Pre-season (Yes)
Sit out 2010 (Yes)

Fine by me Smile

Seasons over chuckles..
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:19 pm

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Thehattrickrabbit wrote:
Brenton wrote:

Injured (Yes)
Pre-season (Yes)
Sit out 2010 (Yes)

Fine by me Smile

Seasons over chuckles..

i am pretty sure he meant to put 2010
Back to top Go down
Holy Grail
Veteran
Holy Grail

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:32 am

I have always had a soft spot for the bunnies and I can't for GI to tear up for them ( I hope anyway Laughing)
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Bennett Souths rumour lingers

By Dean Ritchie From: The Daily Telegraph November 15, 2010 11:00PM

IT IS the speculation that won't go away but South Sydney deny they are in talks to sign St George Illawarra's premiership-winning coach Wayne Bennett.

The Daily Telegraph was told yesterday by reliable sources that Souths wanted Bennett for 2012 with John Lang already indicating he will retire after next season.

Lang's job for 2011 is safe.

The talk came amid further innuendo linking former Sydney Roosters, Cronulla and NSW coach Ricky Stuart to Redfern. Stuart's manager, John Fordham, denied the rumours, saying: "We have never spoken to Souths."

Bennett remains unsigned beyond next season but has not spoken with Souths, according to Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson.

"We're not in any hurry to make a decision," Richardson said. "The club hasn't had any contact with Wayne Bennett. We haven't spoken to him.

"We will keep our options open. Hopefully Langy can win us a premiership.

"The club doesn't have anyone in their sights. We will be taking our time and make a decision when we're ready, but not at this stage."

Dragons CEO Peter Doust last night said he would talk to Bennett about the future in coming weeks and added he did not believe Souths would have approached his coach.

"I haven't had a discussion with Wayne but that will happen when he gets back from holidays," Doust said.

"Wayne and I have an understanding about how we will manage this process. I'm commited to that and I'm sure Wayne is as well."

Stuart is expected to be ratified as NSW Origin coach for next season within the next seven days.

Fordham and NSWRL general manager Geoff Carr held further talks yesterday.

It is understood Stuart would be full-time Blues coach next year but be free to shift into an NRL role for 2012.

"The Canavan report [into how NSW run their operation] recommended a long-term appointment," Carr said. "But whatever coach accepts the appointment, we will be mindful that he is a professional coach and if a role came up that would pay considerably more, then we would take that into account."
___________________________________________________________________________________

Here's hoping.. Maybe if it is true, Bennett has set the same conditions he set for the Roosters that it doesn't get announced to the media and thats why everyone is denying it..
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 12:06 pm

I like how sportsbet have put this here ever since inglis dogged brisbane for souths

"Pay on the team which officially wins the NRL 2011 Premiership.In the event of a team losing all accrued points and being ineligible to accrue further points, that team will be deemed to be disqualified and all wages refunded on that team. A deduction will then be applied to the winner at the average price laid."
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Brisbane fans Rolling Eyes You don't think for a second that the reason they put that up has more to do with what happened in Melbourne this year then anything else?? Moron.. This is one of the more scrutinized deals ever and no team, not Souths, nor Brisbane, or even Roosters would even attempt to try and rort the cap to get Inglis this year and risk what happened to the Storm. I doubt even Inglis would want to sign anymore dodgy deals and risk losing everything again.. Also Souths and Crowe know that they will be torn a new one from it's fans if they ever got caught doing it, and Crowe has a lot more to lose then just competition points.. His position as owner of the club would be untenable..
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 3:36 pm

that wasn't there until souths announced the inglis signing Laughing the odds had been up for a while before hand and it wasn't there
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:56 pm

Rabbitoh spirit that cannot be bought
MAX PRESNELL
November 21, 2010

''The tears rolled down like Reschs the day John Sattler broke his jaw,'' Perry Keys, the Bob Dylan of Redfern, chanted on his CD, epitomising South Sydney spirit. Perhaps the outstanding mare Hot Danish, also carrying the red and green, is an example: she can be beaten by a better horse but never stops trying. Wet tracks don't suit, nor the Melbourne direction, but she still gives her all.

Spirit, the special brand of enthusiasm, particularly when the chips are down, can be developed but not bought, which is why it is relevant with Greg Inglis, at a considerable cost, joining the Rabbits.

No doubt great big-money players help, so what happened last season? Injuries? Most teams have them. How many games should South Sydney have won and didn't? Something was missing. Surely a dash of the renowned will-to-win would help coach John Lang lose the impression that the bubonic plague has broken out at Redfern Oval.

In more modern times Big Jack Rayner, probably South Sydney's best captain and coach, instilled a team effort inspired by his stint on the Kokoda Track in New Guinea during World War II but certainly John Sattler, another to lead with courage and distinction, produced valour rarely seen on a rugby league battle field when his side, coached by the ''Little Master'' Clive Churchill, won the premiership in 1970.

But even in defeat, the spirit loomed large with George Piggins, who kept the club afloat with little else other than the driving force, similar to what he hit the opposition defence. Piggins never took a backward step whether against Malcolm Reilly or Rupert Murdoch.

Piggins locked horns with Reilly in a clash resembling duelling stags, the big Pom delivering the Liverpool Kiss only to be repulsed by a Redfern block buster. Piggins refused to back off. Murdoch found the same resilience in the courts and on the streets.

Nurtured and developed, the spirit was exported in great quantity through transfers including Bob McCarthy, Ron Coote, Gary Stevens, ''Lurch'' O'Neill, and Ray Branighan. But the Little Master was hard to beat at the never-say-die caper, chopping the giants down like twigs. Don't believe me? Check up with Les Bridge, Ned Holgate, Col Tidy, Bill Henneberry, Jack Campbell and Gowan Williams.

''The episode that stands out in my memory occurred on the Sydney Sports Ground when South Sydney clashed with Newtown,'' Churchill wrote in They Call Me The Little Master told to Jim Mathers.

''Souths were defending on the 25 yard line. Frank 'Bumper' Farrell violently broke through a ruck, ran out into the clear, his bandy legs thrashing. Bumper really looked looked like an edition of the Frankenstein monster as he made straight at me, I dived underneath him with a low tackle, he came down heavily on his back and both his feet flew out wildly…''

Now something happened in the tackle not related by Churchill. Farrell, a vice squad copper stationed at Kings Cross, were berserk and pursued the fullback around the field seeking vengeance. From afar Rayner called: ''Frank, Frank remember you are in the force.'' To which Bumper told Rayner what he could do with the force, frothing he intended to ''Murder the little bastard'' if he could get hold of him.

''Bernie Purcell, a great and rugged forward, raced into the scuffle and both were sent off,'' Churchill related.

However, at Redfern Oval on June 13, 1955, the spirit exploded.

''Souths were fighting hard for a place in the semi-finals and had to beat Manly Warringah,'' Churchill recalled. ''Five minutes into the game I tackled the burly winger George Hugo and something snapped in my wrist. I played on although I was in great pain. At half-time I approached the doctor and he pulled a cardboard over off an exercise book and bound it around my arm with tape.

''Towards the end of the game 'Chicka' Cowie scored a try in the corner. The bell had gone and I had to kick the goal…''

With my mate, Tony Stavrianos, I ran behind the goal posts and rode it every inch over the little black spot. It's never been any better than that.

''Under the inspiring leadership of Rayner the never-say-die spirit of Souths has never been better shown than that year'', according to Ian Heads in the History Of Souths. The Rabbits had to win their last eight games straight to make the semis.

They went on to take grand final without the injured Churchill but had an able substitute in Don Murdoch, no relation to Rupert. Col Donohoe scored a late try and Bernie Purcell kicked the goal to get them home by 12-11.

George Crawford, in the Sunday Telegraph, pointed out the Little Master took the South Sydney ingredient to an international level: ''Clive Churchill with his sleeves rolled up, fighting till death spirit, was a real gladiator. Churchill's tackling of English heavyweights Bill Boston and Nat Silcock from head-on after they got breaks into the open enabled Australia to win 20-16 and regain the Ashes.''

But Sattler in the 1970 grand final was the stuff of folk songs.

''His jaw was smashed and six teeth knocked out by a wicked blow from a Manly opponent in the opening minutes, but Satts refused to leave the field in what must rank as one of the game's most heroic efforts,'' Heads opined.

Certainly none have been as spectacular as Sattler and Churchill but the special brand of enthusiasm has cropped up over the decades. We all have our memories.

''Tugger'' Coleman played with the spirit as did Mario Fenech. Ziggy Niszczot, the winger, ran from one side to the other to make try-saving tackles. Nathan Merritt's commitment has done the red-and-green proud. Chris Sandow has his critics but surely not on the lack of having a red-and-green, hot go. Isaac Luke is a class act. Match his vitality.

Again Perry Keys hits the spot: ''Drink your beer but don't shed a tear for the days you miss the most''.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:44 am

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
No doubt great big-money players help, so what happened last season? Injuries? Most teams have them. How many games should South Sydney have won and didn't? Something was missing. Surely a dash of the renowned will-to-win would help coach John Lang lose the impression that the bubonic plague has broken out at Redfern Oval.

Pretty much you're shit and your team is scum, and if you think buying Jabba Da Hutt is going to fix all your problems good luck with that.. The End
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:17 am

Beckham wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:

Pretty much you're shit and your team is scum, and if you think buying Jabba Da Hutt is going to fix all your problems good luck with that.. The End

Head to head: Souths 105, Roosters 91, drawn 5
Grand Final Head to head: Souths 4 Roosters 2
Premierships: Souths 20, Roosters 12
Your team has been our bitch for over 100 years.. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 7:49 am

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Beckham wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:

Head to head: Souths 105, Roosters 91, drawn 5
Grand Final Head to head: Souths 4 Roosters 2
Premierships: Souths 20, Roosters 12
Your team has been our bitch for over 100 years.. The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 48427

that made me chuckle
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 4:24 am

Rabbitohs Confirm Pre-season Match Schedule
25 Nov 2010

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have confirmed their 2011 pre-season match schedule today with the Rabbitohs set to have three back-to-back matches in preparation for round one against the Sydney Roosters.

The Rabbitohs’ first pre-season clash will be against the Newtown Jets in the annual Return to Redfern Members Only trial match on Saturday 5 February at 6pm at the Australian Technology Park Performance Centre at Redfern Oval. Rabbitohs prop Ben Ross is scheduled to make his long-awaited comeback in this match after a two-year hiatus from the game due to a serious neck injury suffered in 2009.

The annual Charity Shield feature pre-season clash against the reigning premiers, the St George Illawarra Dragons, will be played on Sunday 13 February at 6pm at ANZ Stadium, setting the scene for a massive weekend of Rugby League with the Indigenous All Stars vs NRL All Stars match taking place the night before on the Gold Coast.

South Sydney’s final pre-season hit out will be against the Gold Coast Titans at BCU International Stadium in Coffs Harbour on Saturday 19 February at 7pm. The Rabbitohs’ second training camp for the pre-season, held at Camp Rabbitoh at the Novotel Pacific Bay Resort in Coffs Harbour, will culminate in the pre-season match against one of the strongest Club’s in the NRL.

Ticketed Members of the Rabbitohs can purchase tickets for the Return to Redfern clash with the Jets now via the Rabbitohs website, www.rabbitohs.com.au.

Tickets for the Rabbitohs vs Titans match are available from Wednesday 1 December by visiting www.coffsharbour.nsw.gov.au/NRL2011.

Tickets for the Charity Shield between the Rabbitohs and the Dragons will go on sale in the new year.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 12:28 am

Rabbitohs to announce Star City Casino as major sponsor replacing NAB on the home jersey..
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 6:59 pm

Farewell Beau Champion Sad A great clubman till the end.. Goodluck and come back anytime...
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:48 am

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&viewas=0&gid=37690241063

StMorg Illawarra: hes a fat C*** that cant land a punch
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 5:50 am

No Doubt a Broncos fan started that
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 26, 2010 11:28 am

Danger32 wrote:
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&viewas=0&gid=37690241063

StMorg Illawarra: hes a fat C*** that cant land a punch

Whats ya point?? The last comment was in June Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread   The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Cardinal & Myrtle Thread
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com