Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Winner and Margin?
Australia 13+
2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Vote_lcap0%2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Australia 1-12
2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Vote_lcap100%2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
Draw
2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Vote_lcap0%2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
New Zealand 1-12
 0% [ 0 ]
New Zealand 13+
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:37 am

2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Tri_nations

The 4th game of the 2010 Tri-Nations is the first for the Bledisloe. Both teams have won comfortably against the Springboks. The game will be played on Saturday night in Melbourne. A win here for the All Blacks could make them only one win away from locking up both Tri-Nations and Bledisloe Cup.

WALLABIES
Adam Ashley Cooper, James O'Connor, Rob Horne, Berrick Barnes, Drew Mitchell, Matt Giteau, Will Genia, Richard Brown, David Pocock, Rocky Elsom (capt), Nathan Sharpe, Dean Mumm, Salesi Maafu, Stephen Moore, Benn Robinson.
Reserves: Saia Faingaa, James Slipper, Rob Simmons, Matt Hodgson, Luke Burgess, Anthony Faingaa, Kurtley Beale.

Two changes to the Wallabies starting side from last weekend. Most notable ommision is Quade Cooper who is sitting down for two weeks after a dangerous tackle. Matt Giteau has moved to 10 with Berrick Barnes moving into 12. The other is Stephen Moore who will start ahead of Saia Faingaa.

ALL BLACKS
15 Mils Muliaina, 14 Cory Jane, 13 Conrad Smith, 12 Ma'a Nonu, 11 Joe Rokocoko, 10 Dan Carter, 9 Jimmy Cowan; 8 Kieran Read, 7 Richie McCaw, 6 Jerome Kaino, 5 Tom Donnelly, 4 Brad Thorn, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Keven Mealamu, 1 Tony Woodcock.

Reserves: 16 Corey Flynn, 17 Ben Franks, 18 Sam Whitelock, 19 Victor Vito, 20 Piri Weepu, 21 Aaron Cruden, 22 Israel Dagg.

Changes from the team that beat the Springboks 2 weeks ago include, Jimmy Cowan gaining the starting spot ahead of Weepu. Piri has only recently joined the team due to the birth of his baby. Joe Rokocoko who missed the 2nd Springbok test due to injury will take back his 11 jersey ahead of Rene Ranger.

Despite the Wallabies having home advantage, I think the All Blacks will be too strong. They've looked the better of the 2 sides so far this year. All Blacks to get up 34-22.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:06 am

Quade out will be a big loss, Berrick doesnt give us the same attacking flair in the backline. Will be interesting to see how he goes though, hes been a bit out of favour this season so will be good for him to step up on Saturday night.

Still not impressed with Rabbit on the wing, hes not a winger and it showed on Saturday lol. Hopefully he doesnt get shown up but with Joe Rokocoko running at him hes got his hands full.

Should be a great game, im leaning towards Australia in a thriller.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:12 am

As aFc said Quade Cooper is a big loss. Still, I reckon we can be competitive and push the Kiwis, I don't think we will win but I really hope we do.

Sick of the New Zealanders dominating the Trans-Tasman rivalry in recent years.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 11:32 am

Yeah O'Connor on the wing did nothing for me, he's not fast enough nor does he have that attacking punch wingers need. He's a great link player and so belongs at FB really...

ABs just looked a lot more cohesive in their wins over the boks than the Wallabies did but playing each other is a whole nother kettle of fish.

I'm going to assume Cowan's return to start is in part an attempt to nullify Genia since he's a stronger defensive player than Weepu...rather than just Weepu getting snubbed again Razz
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:18 pm

Pumped! Should be going to this but the $58 ticket price is annoying.

I haven't been able to see much Rugby over the past couple of years due to the lack of TV coverage victorians get, Hence I am only familiar with only about 10 players in the All Blacks.

Hopefully though, Dan Carter can have a HUGE game and lead the blacks to a nice 30 point victory Very Happy

Will be a good night but
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:39 pm

Pantherus wrote:

I'm going to assume Cowan's return to start is in part an attempt to nullify Genia since he's a stronger defensive player than Weepu...rather than just Weepu getting snubbed again Razz

I just reckon they're starting Cowan ahead of them because Weepu was late to join them in Aussie.

Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:59 pm

We are bringing the pain we are drawing a line in the sand on saturday will be the start of 20 year drought for the All Blacks we are gonna dominate the all Blacks from this point on and forever more as i (better union player than Chris Handy with 2 u/15 games exp.) doubt they will ever beat us again in my lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:13 am

Slightly over the top but only slightly
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:22 am

The All Blacks domination of Australia is set to continue Mega. Your problem is you have a shit coach

Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:29 am

You reckon (he looks like an ugly woman) I'm hoping he has a plan cause he's been ordinary so far . I thought he was a guru cause of Crusaders(i think thats who he coached) maybe our players are shit
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 10:32 am

The players made him look good...DC, Mehrts, Marshall, McCaw...he had a lot of talent under him.

Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:55 am

Yeah - the fact Blackadder (who I do NOT rate as a coach) did so well with them shows that it's the players and, more importantly, the team dynamics and environment that foster the winning habit.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:08 pm

League haka better then union one..
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:17 pm

Great start
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:19 pm

Or not...
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 2:58 pm

Why was Drew Mitchell given the first yellow card?
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 5:09 pm

I believe Drew Mitchell's first yellow came from a tackle with no arms, similar to Franks.

All Blacks On Fire! Next weekend we'll seal the Bledisloe and Tri-Nations!

Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 5:53 pm

Finished 49-28 to the ABs in the end. Didnt watch it coz I was at the Lions but I am very interested to see how Mitchell got sent off.
Commentators on the radio sounded sceptical to say the least Laughing.

ABs are red hot at the moment though, theyll be tough to beat once let alone 3 times 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_evil
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 6:24 pm

Pissed off............. these people who represent us are the worst at it i can think of. There like the U13 thirds some play just to get out of the house.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 11:08 pm

Mitchell made a late and dangerous tackle = yellow card, Mitchell knocked the ball out of Conrad Smith's arms to prevent a quick line-out = yellow card. 2 x Yellow Card = Red Card...it's simple. He became only the second Wallaby to get sent off against the All Blacks, I believe the first was Peter FitzSimons

Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:08 am

not really sure why i was pissed i think i just have issues with australian rugby's attitude....... the Wallabies are struggling big time i wonder if this is the beginning of the end for competitive Wallabies sides ...... or the end of the beginning....(if that makes no sense what so ever it wouldn;t be the first time)
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:36 am

Great game to watch. Good victory for the All Blacks, 15 points in 3 games so far can’t get better than that. The Australian camera angles etc were just plan terrible. They didn’t even show why Mitchell got his first yellow card.

Mitchell getting yellowed card put the edge out of the game at bit. For the All Blacks McCaw and Melaumu were defiantly in the top 3 best players for the All Blacks and for Australia David Pocock was quite good in a losing cause.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:18 am

Yeah there was no attempt made to show the Mitchell incident - like they were just denying it happened.

The second was a combination of stupidity and bad luck - ref clearly warned that any more of that and he'd pull the cards, and it happened to be the already-carded Mitchell who did it which meant it was a send off rather than just 10 minutes.

As the NZ commentators said (dunno about the Oz ones) Joubert was horribly pedantic, but was consistent about it. Wallabies just completely failed to adjust while the ABs were clearly trying to roll clear and stay on the right side of the rules.

Cowan's injury looks set to keep him out of next week meaning Mathewson will probably be called up assuming his ankle injury is OK - next cab would be Leonard I guess? Or Fotuali'i...

Or would they just play Weepu and do what the mentioned and have Cruden as emergency HB cover?

Pocock I thought was incredible for the Wallabies though, made a much bigger impact at the breakdown than McCaw; Elsom was like a man possessed (like he had to do it all himself)...Brown I thought was VERY poor, his fail tackles on Jane and McCaw to allow both to score were real shockers...

Barnes was on Nonu like white on Rice which effectively took him out of the game, fortunately Nonu's distribution has improved tremendously and he was able to keep shuffling it on.

Rokocoko performed well - got himself involved, scored a try he had to work to get and generally kept very busy - I don't think Dagg got onto the field...did he? (I didn't really see the last 15 minutes due to baby troubles)

Mils was just awesome though and really flipping the bird again to those that said he's past it.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:21 am

Dagg did come on for about 5mins in the end. Was pretty disappointed he didn't get more game time considering the lead we had.

Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:53 am

Justin Marshall isnt cut out for commentating. He has trouble getting his words out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 Tri-Nations - Game 4: Australia V New Zealand
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com