Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Grand Finalist?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:08 pm

[My Opinion]

With so many teams still competing for the finals, who do you think will make it to this years Grand Final?

In my opinion (a lil bit biased), the only teams that can make it are Manly, Broncos, Penrith and Roosters.

These four teams all have a mixture of experienced players and young super stars, and have been consistent through out the year with some rough patches, and all have their own special x - factor, which can take them all the way to the Grand final.

For Penrith - Michael Jennings / Frank Pritchard
For Manly - Jamie Lyon
For Broncos - Israel Folau
For Roosters - Todd Carney

All of these players can turn a game around and is why they can go all the way

The Grand Final i would like to see is Penrith vs Roosters, a replay of the 2003 grand final!!

My reasons why the other teams maybe can't make it

Dragons - Their attack has soaked up, and what they say about you win a game with defence, is false if you cant score any in the first place.
West Tigers - Are winning all these games in very ugly fashion, and are struggling to beat second tier teams, however they still have a chance.
Titans - If they can stop their ongoing battle with injuries they have a chance if not..
Warriors - Don't think they have the nucleus to win it.
Rabbitohs - Way too many injuries, but they are still a chance just like Gold Coast.
Eels - Depend on Jarryd Hayne on their attacking plays too much.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:32 pm

It will be interesting for us if we do make the finals. Three years in a row the Storm have eliminated us, obviously this year that's impossible, so i really think we can do some damage if we make the finals. We're the one team you wouldn't want to verse come semi-final time.

I reckon the Roosters are a real chance, in fact, i think they'll make history and get there. From wooden spooners in 2009, i predict they'll go all the way into the Grand Final.

I don't think Penrith can get there, Yes they've had a great season, but imo i don't think they're capable of handling the pressure of finals.

Dragons won't get there cause they'll just choke.

Manly could get there, but i don't think they will.

The Tigers are definitely capable of getting to the GF. They have a well rounde team, but with the injuries to Moltzen and Tuiaki, i don't think they will get there.

I can't see any other teams making the Grand Final.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:35 pm

Max1990 wrote:
It will be interesting for us if we do make the finals. Three years in a row the Storm have eliminated us, obviously this year that's impossible, so i really think we can do some damage if we make the finals. We're the one team you wouldn't want to verse come semi-final time.

I reckon the Roosters are a real chance, in fact, i think they'll make history and get there. From wooden spooners in 2009, i predict they'll go all the way into the Grand Final.

I don't think Penrith can get there, Yes they've had a great season, but imo i don't think they're capable of handling the pressure of finals.

Dragons won't get there cause they'll just choke.

Manly could get there, but i don't think they will.

The Tigers are definitely capable of getting to the GF. They have a well rounde team, but with the injuries to Moltzen and Tuiaki, i don't think they will get there.

I can't see any other teams making the Grand Final.

Max1990 wrote:
Tigers (4) def Sea Eagles (5)
Roosters (3) def Titans (6)
Panthers (2) def Warriors (7)
Broncos (8) def Dragons (1)
Titans and Warriors eliminated

Broncos (8) def. Sea Eagles (5)
Dragons (1) def. Tigers (4)
Sea Eagles and Tigers eliminated

Dragons (1) def. Roosters (3)
Broncos (8) def. Panthers (2)

Broncos (8) def. Dragons (1)
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:35 pm

I predicted a Warriors vs. Roosters grand final before this round started in that ladder predictor thread. Still stand by that for now.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:36 pm

That's called a biased ladder prediction......
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:37 pm

Panthers vs Roosters
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:38 pm

Brenton wrote:
I predicted a Warriors vs. Roosters grand final before this round started in that ladder predictor thread. Still stand by that for now.

Yeah you would think that most peoples opinions would stay the same after one round, unlike some idiots that just write shit for fun.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:40 pm

There is a difference between a biased prediction and a realistic prediction......
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:41 pm

I had Panthers v Broncos in that Ladder Predictor the other day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Beckham
Beckham

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:42 pm

Max1990 wrote:
There is a difference between a biased prediction and a realistic prediction......

http://www.tfwforum.com/off-topic-f10/captain-obvious-t14566.htm

Why bother fool
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:54 pm

Calm down;........ jesus
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Still St George and Penrith for me...they will just fire in the finals i reckon.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:16 pm

Warriors v Broncos...

Ok, so this is more 'what i want to see' then 'what i will see'.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:17 pm

wouldnt be surprised to see a roosters v broncos GF

that is on current form though
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:30 pm

I have totally written the panthers off. They are sliding. I will predict a Roosters vs Broncos GF. Warriors and Titans to make the semis.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:36 pm

I have a real good feeling that the Broncos will be there because they are a team who are known to step up in big matches (Locky is the King at doing that)... as for the other team, it could be anyone really.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:44 pm

Manly V Roosters.
Roosters are playing some good footy, we have some experience and should notch up 3 ina row tomorrow, i'm confident we'll go far.
Back to top Go down
Caity
Guru
Caity

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:47 pm

I'm very undecided. The race is tight and one week a team will show up the next it'll lose... I'm not 100% sure on any team!
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 5:29 pm

Broncos v Roosters is my tip, I think the Roosters will continue on the way they have been for the last 5 weeks and the Broncos will really hit top gear in the next few weeks, especially when they get Hodges back if he can play anything close to his best.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 8:23 am

IF (big if, long way to go yet I know) we do win it I cant wait for the Broncobashers to come out and say it doesnt mean as much coz Melbourne arent there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:17 am

manly4lyf wrote:
Manly V Roosters.
Roosters are playing some good footy, we have some experience and should notch up 3 ina row tomorrow, i'm confident we'll go far.

Agree, we are usually very good at this time of year and we should be able to make people notice that we are a strong chance after a couple more wins. Broncos and Warriors will be up there too, don't see the Dragons, Panthers and Tigers doing much come finals time.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:21 am

Want: Roosters vs Rabbitohs

Thinks: Roosters vs Dragons
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:40 am

GSP Rabbitohs wrote:
Want: Roosters vs Rabbitohs

Thinks: Roosters vs Dragons

And Jesus wept... Sad
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:57 am

when was the last time we had a sydney team vs sydney team in the GF?
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 9:59 am

dogs vs roosters 2004
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Grand Finalist?  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Grand Finalist?    Grand Finalist?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grand Finalist?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com