Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

General league chat

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

General league chat - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 5:35 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
can the tigers and dragons win today please.
For broncos sake please
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:08 am

Change this God damn stripping rue
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:34 am

The Tank wrote:
Change this God damn stripping rue

+1

Killing the momentum of the game with penalties that aren't really penalties.
Back to top Go down
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:35 pm

Just a note, Brett Stewart's trial is starting tomorrow, hopefully it can all go down OK and Snake can just focus on getting back on the field in 2011.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:48 pm

Seaeagles wrote:
Just a note, Brett Stewart's trial is starting tomorrow, hopefully it can all go down OK and Snake can just focus on getting back on the field in 2011.
Man his career went down the drain so fast.. played Origin and for Aus, and now he is expecting jail time. Things can change so quickly, but if he is fount not guilty, i reckon he'll come back bigger and better.
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 10:44 am

All the best for him, I hope to see him back in the NRL next year as soon as possible.
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru
jtm91

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Nathan Gardner won try of the year with his 100m effort against the Roosters
Back to top Go down
Jennings
Veteran
Jennings

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:37 pm

jtm91 wrote:
Nathan Gardner won try of the year with his 100m effort against the Roosters
Good on him, He deserved it
Back to top Go down
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:57 am

Quote :
NRL star Brett Stewart has been found not guilty of sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl outside his Sydney home.

The Manly Sea Eagles player was accused of assaulting the girl after his club's season launch last year.

The Crown case was that he was heavily intoxicated, but Stewart argued he was in control and rejected the girl's advances towards him.

After a two-week trial a District Court jury found him not guilty this morning.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/09/29/3024789.htm?section=justin

Great news for Snake and all Manly supporters, hopefully he can get his career back on track and return to his brilliant best.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:05 am

Seaeagles wrote:
Quote :
NRL star Brett Stewart has been found not guilty of sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl outside his Sydney home.

The Manly Sea Eagles player was accused of assaulting the girl after his club's season launch last year.

The Crown case was that he was heavily intoxicated, but Stewart argued he was in control and rejected the girl's advances towards him.

After a two-week trial a District Court jury found him not guilty this morning.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/09/29/3024789.htm?section=justin

Great news for Snake and all Manly supporters, hopefully he can get his career back on track and return to his brilliant best.

He is turning 26 next year, What has happened with the recent turn of events an his injuries as of late. I very much doubt he will be the same player. mental scars.
Back to top Go down
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:11 am

Yeah unfortuantely with his injuries I'm not sure if he can get back to the heights he reached a couple of years ago, though you can't write off a player of his class just yet.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 7:12 am

boyd tipped to move to 5/8 in the future

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27836853-5018866,00.html

Quote :
Clive Churchill medallist Darius Boyd could emulate Broncos, Queensland and Australia skipper Darren Lockyer's seamless transition from world-class fullback to five-eighth. That destiny is in his hands.

i cant really see it happening any time soon. His passing game is pretty average atm and would need to drastically improve in order for him to be effective wearing the no.6

also,

the old mate wayne bennett has been in the paper a bit. Many of the dragons club want to sign him up for life etc. He hasnt confirmed anything past next year. Also came out today that boyd might leave if Bennett is to leave the club.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27843145-5018866,00.html

Quote :
The demand for extending Wayne Bennett's contract at St George Illawarra is getting louder, with Clive Churchill medal winner Darius Boyd admitting he could quit the NRL club if his mentor leaves.
Back to top Go down
Saints#1
Professional
Saints#1

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 7:25 am

Boyd followed bennet to dragons and is going to follow bennet to where ever he goes again, cos bennet knows that boyd is something special for the future and yess ofcourse he can play 5/8 he has played it pretty much in attack all season
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 9:08 am

Saints#1 wrote:
Boyd followed bennet to dragons and is going to follow bennet to where ever he goes again, cos bennet knows that boyd is something special for the future and yess ofcourse he can play 5/8 he has played it pretty much in attack all season

haha no...

boyds passes from fullback have been horrible. Half the time he doesnt pass the ball when he should and the other times he passes when he should have taken the tackle.

i think he would be a failure at 5/8 unless he got some serious coaching on passing and setting up plays... plus i dont think he has that good of a boot on him either(? cant remember seeing him kick a good one)
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:35 am

Quote :
EXPERIENCED league official John Chalk, a member of the ARL and NRL boards, says serious discussion between the ARL and News Limited on who will make up the independent commission should begin before the end of the week.

Chalk said yesterday he remained ''very optimistic'' that the commission would be in place to take over the running of the game from News and the ARL on the scheduled date of November 1.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/commission-on-track-for-november-20101005-16693.html
Back to top Go down
Jennings
Veteran
Jennings

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:27 am

im wondering about the four nations games will they be live
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 11:30 am

Boyd at 5/8 Laughing

Good luck with that.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:48 pm

just heard on the news that there have been a number of australian athletes that have been done for a banned substance.

it was said that their may be some rugby league players involved with it as well so watch this space.

Source: Today Show

EDIT: Just said that it might have been taken from a certain protein powder that is on the market. Still not defining who the people are that involved in this. I think they said there was a total of 9 people busted (not all from league, thoughts are that some might be from commonwealth games team)
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 4:07 am

I just heard on the radio that it was one player from the NSW Cup, one from the Toyota Cup and maybe one from the QLD Cup? I'm not too sure about QLD Cup but I think I heard correctly.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:35 am

Trying to tell a Sharks fan that they are no chance of winning the premiership is hard. Yes, a Sharks fan thinks they can win the premiership next year. LOL
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:47 am

Brenton wrote:
Trying to tell a Sharks fan that they are no chance of winning the premiership is hard. Yes, a Sharks fan thinks they can win the premiership next year. LOL

I wont be betting on them to win anytime soon but are they really "that" bad.

Probably close to the best forward pack in the game. Aiton at 9 is fairly decent (I still remember some good 09 form from him). Smith/Graham in the halves are surely not the worst and with Gardner, Best & Gordon at the back its pretty decent. They however lack a bit on the bench but still very capable of some upsets imo.
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 10:56 am

Don't you mean Morris at 9 haha. Dud.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 1:46 pm

KromyD wrote:
Brenton wrote:

I wont be betting on them to win anytime soon but are they really "that" bad.

Probably close to the best forward pack in the game. Aiton at 9 is fairly decent (I still remember some good 09 form from him). Smith/Graham in the halves are surely not the worst and with Gardner, Best & Gordon at the back its pretty decent. They however lack a bit on the bench but still very capable of some upsets imo.

Try winning games with a rookie and a shithead in the halves.
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 7:37 am

Who reckons Sharks can make the finals next year?

I certainly think so, but I don't think they can take out the title. Their new recruits in Jeremy Smith and Wade Graham are magnificent buys. Everyone knows how good Smith is, and he'll slot in second row comfortably alongside Anthony Tupou. He was also one of New Zealand's best in the 4 nations, and he might just carry that form into the 2011 season. On the other hand, Wade Graham is definitely a star of the future, still a little devastated that Penrith didn't keep him and instead opted with Burns. He has great field vision, and can comfortably play both 5/8 and halfback.

With a new coach, fresh faces, and many young players entering their second year (Gardner, Porter, I.Gordon etc.) in top grade, I see no reason why the Sharks can't make the finals, and also I do not understand why there's still many people thinking the Sharks will finish in the bottom 4.

This time last year, I said the same thing about the Roosters, and 2010 season really supported my statement. For 2011, I think it's the Sharkies turn. Wink
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 7:43 am

panthersftw wrote:
Who reckons Sharks can make the finals next year?

I certainly think so, but I don't think they can take out the title. Their new recruits in Jeremy Smith and Wade Graham are magnificent buys. Everyone knows how good Smith is, and he'll slot in second row comfortably alongside Anthony Tupou. He was also one of New Zealand's best in the 4 nations, and he might just carry that form into the 2011 season. On the other hand, Wade Graham is definitely a star of the future, still a little devastated that Penrith didn't keep him and instead opted with Burns. He has great field vision, and can comfortably play both 5/8 and halfback.

With a new coach, fresh faces, and many young players entering their second year (Gardner, Porter, I.Gordon etc.) in top grade, I see no reason why the Sharks can't make the finals, and also I do not understand why there's still many people thinking the Sharks will finish in the bottom 4.

This time last year, I said the same thing about the Roosters, and 2010 season really supported my statement. For 2011, I think it's the Sharkies turn. Wink

No way in hell.

Yes Smith is a good player, but has been injured a lot the last 2 years and could go down again. If he continues his from from the FN, then he'll be great.

Think you're rating Graham a tad too high at the moment. He may be a good prospect, but he'll have to play consistently and produce good form to be considered a "star of the future".

Blake Ferguson is a massive loss imo. He has massive potential and proved the excitement he can provide in 2010.

Gardner is gun.

If Tim Smith plays like he did in 2010, then they've got no chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General league chat   General league chat - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General league chat
Page 4 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com