Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia

Go down 

Winner and Margin?
New Zealand 13+
2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Vote_lcap67%2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
New Zealand 1-12
2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Vote_lcap33%2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Draw
2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Vote_lcap0%2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Australia 1-12
2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Vote_lcap0%2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Australia 13+
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 9:57 am

2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Tri_nations

We come across the ditch for the 5th game of the 2010 Tri-Nations, as New Zealand hosts the Wallabies in Christchurch. The All Blacks get the win here they will keep hold of the Bledisloe Cup for the 8th year in a row and almost have locked up the Tri-Nations as well.

NEW ZEALAND

1. Tony Woodcock 2. Keven Mealamu 3. Owen Franks 4. Brad Thorn 5. Tom Donnelly 6. Jerome Kaino 7. Richie McCaw 8. Kieran Read 9. Piri Weepu 10. Daniel Carter 11. Josevata Rokocoko 12. Ma'a Nonu 13. Conrad Smith 14. Cory Jane 15. Mils Muliaina.

Reserves: 16. Corey Flynn 17. Ben Franks 18. Samuel Whitelock 19. Victor Vito 20. Alby Mathewson 21. Aaron Cruden 22. Benson Stanley.

Only one change to the All Blacks starting line-up and that's Piri Weepu getting the starting halfback spot with Alby Mathewson coming on to the bench for the injured Jimmy Cowan. Only other chance is Benson Stanley gets a bench spot instead of Israel Dagg.

AUSTRALIA
15. Kurtley Beale 14. James O'Connor 13. Adam Ashley-Cooper 12. Anthony Faingaa 11. Drew Mitchell 10. Matt Giteau 9. Will Genia 8. Richard Brown 7. David Pocock 6. Rocky Elsom (capt) 5. Nathan Sharpe 4. Dean Mumm 3. Salesi Ma'afu 2. Saia Faingaa 1. Benn Robinson.

Reserves: 16. Stephen Moore 17. James Slipper 18. Rob Simmons 19. Matt Hodgson 20. Luke Burgess 21. Berrick Barnes 22. Cameron Shepherd.

Twins Anthony and Saia Faingaa both get starting spots, Barnes and Moore dropped to the bench. AAC moves to the centre from FB in place of Horne as Beale is promoted from the bench into the starting FB position. Cameron Shepherd comes on to the bench.

Last edited by Hendo Maroon on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 10:01 am

I really hope Israel Dagg gets atleast one start in this Tri-Nations, he's been impressive with the limited time he's played. Shame to see him get left out completely. Don't know why Benson Stanley is in, he's a second-five/centre which if we needed cover, Cruden could step up. What'll we do if Joe or Cory get injured? put Nonu on the wing?

Happy to see Alby finally get another spot, hopefully he'll see some game time.

All Blacks 13+ Wallabies to get rid of Dingo Deans.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:41 am

Article said that, basically, Stanley was getting rewarded for the effort he was putting into training and wasn't a reflection of Dagg at all. It said the either Nonu or Stanley could cover wing if injury required.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 12:32 pm

This could get ugggggggggly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
40/20
Professional
40/20

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:12 pm

Wallabies have a history of putting on a strong performance immediately after a poor one.

Beating SA in Brisbane after losing in Perth last year, a good win against Wales after losing to Scotland during the Nov tour and belting the Boks this year after that awful loss to the English.

I still think the AB's have too much firepower and too much confidence at the moment, but it could be closer than we might expect.

I'd be quite happy to be proven wrong though... another big loss would be crushing for Deans' young team. And with 2 games at altitude in SA to come, it certainly wont get any easier.

AB's 1-12
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 8:56 am

Don't think its fair to drop Dagg. The limited time he has played he has been really good.

Alby deserves his spot in the 22 after a solid season with the Blues in the Super 14

This could get really ugly, thinking the All Blacks by a truck load. But it all depends on the weather it is suppose to get pretty bad down here in teh Garden city.

Last edited by Rozza on Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Rozza wrote:
after a solid season with the Blues in the ITM cup.

fail
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 6:46 am

Wallabies team + changes is in the first post

They've gone with a centre pairing of AAC and Anthony Faingaa. I thought Barnes played pretty well in the last game, was solid in defense especially on Nonu. I reckon Nonu is going to destroy Faingaa, AAC is going to have some work to do.

Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 11:37 am

Yeah Barnes shut Nonu down quite effectively but ensuring he never had momentum to run with and had to offload the ball every time.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 6:33 am

Congrats to Anthony on his run on debut Smile. Was awesome for us in the S14, ive got faith in his defence too. Hes a fearless tackler.
That being said, NZ will still win Laughing.

Also, JOC still on the wing Sad. Why not Rabbit to 15, Shepard to 14 and Beale on the bench.
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:15 am

Obviously no faith in JOC at FB...can't say I blame them.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:28 am

AAC at 13 could be a masterstroke but at the same time it makes our back 3 look very weak. Sure Mitch, JOC and Beale can be brilliant at times but they lack that consistency. Personally i would have left Barnes at 12, Faingaa could easily slot in at 13 at left AAC at 15.

a_F_c, Shepherd is pus mate. It's a shame we have so many injuries but even so i would have picked Morahan and Turner over him.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:22 am

17-10 to the All Blacks at halftime.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:33 am

C'mon boys still in it.. We are lucky it is this close but quality defending on the line has kept us in it... AB's D has also been incredible i must say. Refing has been shit so many penalties not given on the breakdown. Just need more composure when we are looking for that killer play. JOC has been non existent get in the game son!! Genia has been off tonight, a few balls he has launched to no one and really put the pressure on.. Sort out the little shit and we are right in this.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:55 am

Still 17-10 with 18 remaining. If we could level it up then we could really give ourselves a chance to snatch a victory.
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Lost the game but we can take a lot of positives out of this. NZ only restricted to a few tries. All Blacks had to much class at the end. 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_clown
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 3:50 pm

Loving these breakdown battles, McCaw V Pocock is awesome. After our start I was a little disappointed we couldn't go on to score more tries. Credit to the Aussies, their defense was a lot better.

That's the Bledisloe for another year Smile 8 years in a row now!

Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 1:51 am

Classic Bledisloe Cup match.

Both teams had good defense, We just had a bit too much attack compared to Aussie.

Cruden and Stanley didn't get on 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Badgrin
Back to top Go down
_fb_
Guru
_fb_

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 6:01 am

Respect to the Wallabies on a much improved performance.

There was a general improvement across nearly all facets of their play which is something they must be applauded for. I thought their lineouts and restarts were very sound and Sharpe, Pocock and Beale all put in some polished performances. They still looked to be quite flat in attack though, I know they are missing Cooper who plays a big hand in attack but apart from that Beale try they never really looked damaging against the AB defence - which is something that made the difference between the two sides. Whenever the AB's had the ball it felt as if they were a chance to break the Wallabies line. (Not saying the Wallabies defence was bad, they were well drilled and hung in well)
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:35 pm

Much better performance. Still dissapointing we couldnt get anywhere but the ABs were just a class above. Congrats to them.
Ref was awful. How bad were his scrum sequence calling? So inconsistent.

And Becks - I know he is haha but I was just going by the 22 named.
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:26 am

OK gotta retract what i said after the first 2 tests. Read is average. i was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt after the boks games and had my ticket to ride the Read BandWagon but nah, DENIED.
On saturday, i tried a simple point system where they get one point for doing something good and minus 1 for an error. can be 1-3 points depending on the severity. read had +1 by the end of the game, whereas richie had about +40 and read was lucky to get out of the negatives. those players i tracked (bias canes supporter that i am) the lowest had +13 and that was CoreyJane (Nonu, Piri and Conrad had more opportunities and played much better with the chances they had)
in the first aussie game read had 4 knock ons
guess the first 2 tests were a fluke
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:28 am

* PS that cheap shot that woodcock put in gained him 2 points.
IMO ABs are too nice and we need some @holes like Bakkies, troyFlavell or my personal favourite a richrdLoe
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:47 am

Never thought I'd see the day I'd want to defend Read Smile

He does have to work on his handling though (and we've been saying that for a LONG time) but his breakdown and tackle work has been really good still.

I tell ya though - the player I'm most stoked with in his performances is Weepu - hot damn he's come a long way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional
mania

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 6:25 am

fully agree, but my angst with Read isnt bout his work load as he does work hard, its bout his accuracy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia   2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 Tri-Nations - Game 5: New Zealand V Australia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com