Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Best Sporting Moments

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best Sporting Moments   Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:25 pm

socceroos06 wrote:

Revenge is sweet...

Lockyer Crying...ahhhh lovely
Inglis scoring in the corner after SIMMMMSSSS won us the gameee

You may have knocked us out of the finals 3 years in a row, but nothing can compare to the 2006 Grand Final. Yet....

When i saw Locky's reaction after the try it broke my heart, he was shattered.
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Best Sporting Moments   Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:28 pm

Max1990 wrote:
socceroos06 wrote:

Revenge is sweet...

Lockyer Crying...ahhhh lovely
Inglis scoring in the corner after SIMMMMSSSS won us the gameee

You may have knocked us out of the finals 3 years in a row, but nothing can compare to the 2006 Grand Final. Yet....

When i saw Locky's reaction after the try it broke my heart, he was shattered.

I feel a 2011 storm V Broncos final so just wait Wink

That is exactly how I felt seeing Hoffy cry
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Best Sporting Moments   Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:30 pm

Max1990 wrote:

Underdogs entering the game and rightly so. Beating the Storm was awesome.

Webcke Bowdown

Hoffman crying Laughing

Lockyer field goal Cool

Best feeling I've ever had other than the Crows back to back premierships, it was amazing.

I was there Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 575896. So so good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Best Sporting Moments   Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:48 am

Brenton wrote:
Cowboys 2005 Prelim final win over Parra 29-0
Matt Bowen's try in the 2005 GF.
Queensland winning 5 in a row.
Melbourne Storm being stripped of premierships, minor premierships and money
Cowboys first victory over the Broncos in the 2004 Finals Series.
haha them was the days! good post Brenton. Also 2007 was an awesome year for the Cowboys too, finishing 3rd overall on the premiership ladder, their highest finish to date. Matty Bowen leading the try count, JT was excellent too bagging two Dally M awards.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Best Sporting Moments   Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:36 am

1] 2010: UEFA Champions League Final - Inter Milan vs. Bayern Munich

What a morning this was, after over 40 years of suffering, we finally won the Champions League led by the greatest manager in world football Jose Mourinho, and the best striker in Club football last season Diego Milito. Never been happier than after this 2-0 win.

2] 2009: AFL Preliminary Final - St. Kilda vs. Western Bulldogs

We were behind for most of the night, I've never been as nervous as that I don't think. Even more than the Grand Final one week later. Nick Riewoldt with the sealer with a little more than a minute to go. I couldn't have been happier.

3] 2009: College Football: Civil War - Oregon 37-33 Oregon State

In the last game of the PAC-10 season, the winner of the Civil War would go on to face Big 10 champion Ohio State in the Rose Bowl Game. Step up Jeremiah Masoli, had a beast of a game and the Ducks won in a heart stopper, 37-33. Unfortunately, the Buckeyes won the Rose Bowl 26-17.

4] 2008: NBA Playoffs - Houston vs. Portland

After 11 years of heartache, the Houston Rockets finally got out of the 1st Round of the Playoffs after beating the Portland Blazers in six tough games. We went on to lose 4-3 to the LA Lakers in the 2nd Round, but we won a lot of friends after that Playoff performance. To also win that series without star player Tracy McGrady (who he himself has still never made it out of the 1st Round), made it all the more sweeter.

5]
2006: FIFA World Final - Italy 1-1 France (Italy won 5-3 on penalties)

Another unbelievable morning of football. I have been supporting the Azzurri since 1998 (for all the muppets that want to keep talking about it) and this was by far the sweetest moment. For Inter player Marco Materazzi to be the hero twice as well made it even better. Will cherish the victory for ever.

Honorable Mentions:
- 2008: Wimbledon Final: Nadal def. Federer in 5 sets. Best tennis match EVER.
- 2010: UEFA Champions League Semi Finals (Knocking out Barcelona 3-2 on aggregate).
- 2008: AFL Semi Finals - St. Kilda vs. Collingwood (Knocking the Pies out).
- 2008: College Football - Civil War (Beating Oregon State 65-38 meaning the Beavers missed out on the Rose Bowl).
- 2004: NBA - Tracy McGrady 13pts in 35 seconds as the Rockets came from behind to beat the Spurs.
Back to top Go down
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

PostSubject: Re: Best Sporting Moments   Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:46 am

manly4lyf wrote:
2008 Grand Final
- The crowd singing Eagle Rock a few minutes after Fulltime in 2008
- Beaver's try
- Matty's first try
- Endless chanting walking out of ANZ and on the trains

This, whole day was amazing, probably the best of my life. Like Sibs mentioned the Swannies in 2005 were incredible too, how Davis went nuts in that final quarter against Geelong and Leo's mark to seal the premiership. Great times Smile
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: Best Sporting Moments   Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:29 am

Dwyane Wade you superstar!
Back to top Go down
Enforcer
Guru
Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: Best Sporting Moments   Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:42 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
5] 2006: FIFA World Final - Italy 1-1 France (Italy won 5-3 on penalties)

Another unbelievable morning of football. I have been supporting the Azzurri since 1998 (for all the muppets that want to keep talking about it) and this was by far the sweetest moment. For Inter player Marco Materazzi to be the hero twice as well made it even better. Will cherish the victory for ever.

F*** you sparky!! haha Razz

It hurt for me, but I'm over it.

It would've hurt less than the Dutch, so close to penaties. Plus we already have a world cup.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Best Sporting Moments   Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:45 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:

5]
2006: FIFA World Final - Italy 1-1 France (Italy won 5-3 on penalties)

You unpatriotic bastard.

Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Best Sporting Moments   Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:11 pm

Enforcer wrote:

It would've hurt less than the Dutch, so close to penaties. Plus we already have a world cup.

Revenge for the Euro 2000 Final. Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 134292

a_F_c wrote:
You unpatriotic bastard.

Razz

Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 134292
Back to top Go down
Enforcer
Guru
Enforcer

PostSubject: Re: Best Sporting Moments   Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:31 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Enforcer wrote:

Revenge for the Euro 2000 Final. Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 134292

wanna swap?
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Best Sporting Moments   Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:40 pm

Enforcer wrote:
wanna swap?

Thanks but, no thanks haha.
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: Best Sporting Moments   Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:06 pm

In no order...

Davis Cup Semi Final 2003 - Lleyton Hewitt comes from two sets down againts an up and coming Roger Federer. Hewitt was down a break in the 3rd and ended up winning the set in a breaker and ends up rolling through Federer in the 5th set. However after this date it would be almost 7 years until he beats Federer again.

2005 Australian Open - Again Lleyton Hewitt. After making the Final at the US open in the previous year, expectation was high for him and he came through with a magical run beating Nadal, Nalbandian, Blake, Roddick all en route to the final where he lost to Marat Safin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnH092Qtyhc

2009/7 NRL Grand Final - Obviously they don't mean much now, but at the time, in the moment it was amazing.

Hon mention

Gasquet coming back from 2-0 down to beat roddick at wimbledon in 2007 - this was when he could play 5 sets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seHdG-FkGOY
Back to top Go down
neil21
Guru
neil21

PostSubject: Re: Best Sporting Moments   Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:25 pm

IN NO ORDER

Makybe Diva 3rd Melbourne Cup

Australia Qualify for 2006 World Cup

Shane Warne 700th Wicket

2005 Champions League Final

1999 Preliminary Final (AFL)

Back to top Go down
TheFeldster
Legend
TheFeldster

PostSubject: Re: Best Sporting Moments   Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 1:26 pm

Just from my two main favourite teams

1997/98 AFL Grand Finals

Early days of my AFL following (first two years, in fact). I was only very young (6 and 7 on the respective grand final days) but I do remember being very excited by the wins. It's a feeling I very much hope to experience as a more mature viewer of the sport in the not-too-distant future.

2005 AFL Semi Final - Adelaide (18.15) 123 def Port (5.10) 40

Currently the only Showdown played during the finals, and it's so sweet to have so dominated, eliminating our arch rivals and the reigning premiers in one night's work.

Port may be leading the Showdown tally, but we've still one the most important one Grin

2001 NBA Eastern Conference Finals - Milwaukee Bucks vs. Philadelphia 76ers

Again, my teams most successful hour during my lifetime occurred in the first year or so that I began following them. Taking the 76ers to 7 games, coming so close to the Finals, was at once so bitter and so sweet, because we'd gone so far in a tough league, from a franchise that is never really expected to succeed.

My opinion of Allen Iverson never quite recovered.

Brandon Jennings 55 points vs. Golden State

Just a great effort from a young rookie. Hope to see more of the same sometime soon Grin

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Sporting Moments   Best Sporting Moments - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Sporting Moments
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com