Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Your worst day as a league fan

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

Your worst day as a league fan Empty
PostSubject: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:26 pm

Title says it all...

For me, it WAS the 2008 grand final...being there just seeing them run in try after try was horrible, but that is easily beaten by the announcement of the storms salary cap scandal. I came home late from school that day and had received a text from a mate who helps me lead active support for the storm and I immediately went pale and turned on FSN to make sure. At that very point I saw the headlines and heard Gallop announcing our penalties. I have never felt so empty in my life and found myself crying my eyes out that night (No laughing at me for that!)\

Anyway, what would be yours?
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:32 pm

^Nah fair enough, I would probably cry if the Broncos had the same done to them.

Worst point.
Hmm, probably Broncos getting knocked out by the Storm in 08 or 07.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:35 pm

When it was announced that the Bunnies were to be booted out of the comp.. Never watched a game again til re-admission..
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:39 pm

losing in the last minute to Melbourne to get eliminated in 2008.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:39 pm

The 2008 semi final between the Broncos and Storm for me.

Couldn't watch the game because South Australian television decide not to show NRL finals for some ridiculous reason. So i had to listen to it on the radio. Up by 2 with just under 2 minutes to go and i was extremely nervous, knowing the Storm would have one last chance to steal it. Then it happened. All i heard was the commentator shout out "Ashton Sims has lost it!" At that point i knew it was going to happen, i knew those fucking Storm wankers were going to beat us again. The play leading up to the try was probably the most nervous I've been, other than the 2006 GF. Then when i heard Inglis went over, I just sat there in disbelief for about 10 minutes, silent. Then i saw the replay later on and it made it even worse, absolutely shattering.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:42 pm

The day after the 2005 Grand Final Sad
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:58 pm

When I found out THTR supported the same team as me.
Back to top Go down
Damo
Guru
Damo

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:26 pm

^Is DD gay as well?
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:33 pm

Damo wrote:
^Is DD gay as well?

He isn't gay, he is bi... Your worst day as a league fan Icon_rolleyes
Razz
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:22 pm

Yeah probably the Storm finals game in 08. Being there made it worse. Being about 6 rows from where Inglis scored the try was horrible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Saints#1
Professional
Saints#1

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:31 am

Definately 2005 when Dragons lost to the Tigers in the Semi - Final
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:51 am

Tanswell87 wrote:
losing in the last minute to Melbourne to get eliminated in 2008.
I was like "Ashton Sims you dickhead!"
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:54 am

But to be realistic, even if we did reach the GF that year, we were no match against Manly.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 7:16 am

2007 GF was pretty bad. Felt good at Halftime, sitting all the way in the sixth level of ANZ, then Crocker and Slater knocked out Brett, and they starting running rampant..
Inglis palming off Robertson and leaving with 8 to go when it was 26-8 or something, just felt pretty empty walking down the giant ramp thing with all the over Manly supporters.
Was pretty devastated, felt really disappointed, especially with the final series we'd have played.
Back to top Go down
Al3x7754
Guru
Al3x7754

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:34 am

Easily the day when the premierships were stripped from us.
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:37 am

NSW losing fkn 5 in a row.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:37 am

Stoke wrote:

Go F*** yourself, bandwagoner. That all you are, You can't call yourself a real supporter.
Back to top Go down
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:44 am

22 April 2010. enough said Sad
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:53 am

Against Souths on last Saturday
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 10:01 am

The Tank wrote:

Ahh the memories.. Do you think it was worse then the 50-10 this year, or the Merritt field goal, after letting slip a 12 point lead with 10 mins to go, both at the SCG?
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 11:18 am

Deucey Deuce wrote:
Stoke wrote:

Go F*** yourself, bandwagoner. That all you are, You can't call yourself a real supporter.

Haha it was a tongue and cheek comment Wink Learn to take a joke.

Also...bandwagoner...lol, souths have never had a bandwagon to jump on..supported souffs for a long time.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 12:03 pm

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
The Tank wrote:

Ahh the memories.. Do you think it was worse then the 50-10 this year, or the Merritt field goal, after letting slip a 12 point lead with 10 mins to go, both at the SCG?

Was still upset about 50-10, but seeing as I was listening to it on the radio (don't have fox) isn't as heart crushing as watching it. Merritt's field goal sucked too, but I"ll stick with last Saturday, just because I was there and in the section next to 'the Burrow'
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 2:55 pm

as a dragons supporter there has been many many many many days.....
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 3:28 pm

Forgot about that night in Canberra last year.

I pushed it out of my mind haha.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 8:58 am

Probably the 07 GF, but I don't really remember it as we got the perfect revenge the next year. I was pretty disappointed last season when the Eels beat the Dragons in the finals, meaning we got knocked out in the first week despite finishing 5th. But I can say I've had more good times than I have bad times Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your worst day as a league fan   Your worst day as a league fan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your worst day as a league fan
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com