Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

End of year rep teams

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

End of year rep teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:38 am

DB wrote:
are you serious with yow yeh on the wing? cmon!!!! Yow yeh is a prospect for the future but no way in hell does he deserve an australian jersey yet.

here are others that are easily above him:
hayne
morris
uate
gordon
merritt
tuqiri

and your calling them over rated? no one outside of brisbane rates yow yeh!

No he's not, because he's not eligible for Aust, or NSW, no matter how much NSW want him to be.
Back to top Go down
Jennings
Veteran
Jennings

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:39 am

Scotty wrote:
DB wrote:
are you serious with yow yeh on the wing? cmon!!!! Yow yeh is a prospect for the future but no way in hell does he deserve an australian jersey yet.

hayne
morris
uate
gordon
merritt
tuqiri

No he's not, because he's not eligible for Aust, or NSW, no matter how much NSW want him to be.
i read somewhere that his parents are wanting him to play for aus and nsw
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:39 am

DB wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:
DB wrote:

hayne
morris
uate
gordon
merritt
tuqiri

How come he was 18th man for QLD ?? BTW my team wasn't what I think the team will be, but what it should be.

Why would you not pick a team that has been together for years, and has shown to get results ??

because they are introducing him to origin? NSW did it with creagh and countless other players. if one of the QLD backline went down yow yeh wouldnt have filled in. he was just there for the experience of origin camp etc so when he is ready he wont feel to much like an alien.

and what team has he been in that has been together for years... definitely not the QLD origin side.

Pretty sure he was referring to the rest of his selections there, not about Yow Yeh, because the core of that Qld team has been together for years.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:40 am

Jennings wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DB wrote:

hayne
morris
uate
gordon
merritt
tuqiri

What a coincidence, my parents want me to play for Australia to.....
Back to top Go down
Jennings
Veteran
Jennings

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 8:43 am

Scotty wrote:
Jennings wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DB wrote:

hayne
morris
uate
gordon
merritt
tuqiri

well good on em Laughing
nah seriously didn't say he was just saying that they want him too
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:05 am

Jennings wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Jennings wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DB wrote:

hayne
morris
uate
gordon
merritt
tuqiri

well good on em Laughing

isnt, that to be eligible to play for NSW or AUS, is that you have to have lived in Australia for a couple of years?? or be an Australian citizen??? Im not sure
Back to top Go down
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:19 am

Bronco_josh wrote:
I really don't agree with so many people picking so many NSwelshman in this Australian team. Tell me those teams named would beat

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Tonga
5. Tate/Yow Yeh (since Folau wont be picked)
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Thaiday
12. Harrison
13. Myles

14. Cronk
15. Taylor
16. Hannant
17. Shillington

I would never pick Gallen in my team as he gives away dumb, stupid penalties. Greg Bird is a good player, but Myles is in better form. Watmough came the closest, and was actually on my bench, but I forgot about Hannant

Tell me that side wouldn't own.

OH AND BEFORE ANYONE SAYS HAYNE OR MORRIS ON THE WING, WAKE UP TO YOURSELF. HAYNE DOES NOTHING ON THE WING, AND MORRIS IS OVER RATED

Haha bias at its finest, even though the Queenslanders have dominated Origin over the last 5 years you can't say that the whole team will be full of them. Love him or hate him Hayne will definitely be in there, Yow Yeh ahead of him now is ridiculous. Harrison and Taylor don't deserve to be picked either, Gallen/Bird/Watmough/Lewis are all better options. Also think Lyon should be ahead of Tonga, he's been amazing this season, but either way the backline will look really strong.
Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 am

Gallen is the best forward in the game, penalties or no penalties. He MUST be there
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:27 am

I'll try the New Zealand team

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Sam Perrett
3. Junior Sa'u
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Benji Marshall (c)
7. Lance Hohaia
8. Roy Asotasi
9. Issac Luke
10. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
11. Simon Mannering
12. Bronson Harrison
13. Adam Blair

14. Kieran Foran
15. Fuifui Moimoi
16. Jeremy Smith
17. Lewis Brown
18. Jared Waerea-Hargraves
19. Feleti Mateo

Other notable players include; Ben Matulino, Justin Horo, Sam McKendry, Ben Roberts, Sam Rapira, Jason Nightingale, Nathan Fien, Steve Matai, Jerome Ropati, Frank Pritchard, Bryson Goodwin, Jeff Lima, Krisnan Inu, Mose Masoe, Ukuma Ta'ai, Sika Manu and Tony Williams(?)
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:31 am

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Scott Prince
8. Petro Civoniceva
9. Cameron Smith
10. David Shillington
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Paul Gallen
13. Greg Bird

14. Todd Carney
15. Nate Myles
16. Matt Scott
17. Anthony Watmough
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:46 am

very much doubt Hoffman will be in the 17.

1. Hohaia
2. Inu
3. Kenny-Dowall
4. Matai/Ropati
5. Vatuvei
6. Foran
7. Marshall
8. Rapira
9. Luke
10. Asotasi
11. Mannering
12. Harrison
13. Blair

14. Fien
15. Nu'uausala
16. Brown
17. Moi Moi

Lots of quality players left out, good to see NZ developing some serious depth.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:54 am

panthersftw wrote:
I'll try the New Zealand team

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Sam Perrett
3. Junior Sa'u
4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Benji Marshall (c)
7. Lance Hohaia
8. Roy Asotasi
9. Issac Luke
10. Frank-Paul Nuuausala
11. Simon Mannering
12. Bronson Harrison
13. Adam Blair

14. Kieran Foran
15. Fuifui Moimoi
16. Jeremy Smith
17. Lewis Brown
18. Jared Waerea-Hargraves
19. Feleti Mateo

Other notable players include; Ben Matulino, Justin Horo, Sam McKendry, Ben Roberts, Sam Rapira, Jason Nightingale, Nathan Fien, Steve Matai, Jerome Ropati, Frank Pritchard, Bryson Goodwin, Jeff Lima, Krisnan Inu, Mose Masoe, Ukuma Ta'ai, Sika Manu and Tony Williams(?)

Mateo has made himself available for NSW and Australia so he wont be there.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 9:57 am

^
Plus he was born in Australia, has played for Tonga and has no ties to NZ Smile

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:00 am

Yeah and if he was able to play for the Kiwis i am sure he would be in the 17.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:05 am

pretty sure uate was cleared to be eligible for NSW next year so i took that as being available for Aus
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:08 am

DB wrote:
pretty sure uate was cleared to be eligible for NSW next year so i took that as being available for Aus

Really? never knew that.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:27 am

Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:28 am

DB wrote:

I don't think so, only thing I've read is about how he wants to play for NSW and how his parents don't mind him giving up playing for Fiji to do it, nothing about him actually being cleared to be able to do it.

Show me an article clearing him to play for NSW and I'll happily concede the point, otherwise under the eligibility rules he can't play for NSW or Aust until the end of next year when it will be 2 years since he last played for Fiji.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:30 am

Jennings wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Jennings wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DB wrote:

hayne
morris
uate
gordon
merritt
tuqiri

well good on em Laughing

I was being sarcastic.....

And my point was that it doesn't matter what his parents want, well it might to Akuila but other than that, it's up to the body who rules on it, the RLIF I think.
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:51 am

New Zealand team should line up as follows:

1. Lance Hohaia
2. Sam Perrett
3. SKD
4. Jerome Ropati
5. The Beast
6. Marshall/Foran
7. Foran/Marshall
8. Sam Rapira
9. Isaac Luke
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Bronson Harrison
12. Simon Mannering
13. Adam Blair

14. Lewis Brown
15. Fui Fui
16. Frank Paul
17. Frank Pritchad

With Luke capable of going 80 minutes, I would opt for four forwards on the bench. Hohaia covers the halves if one of them goes down, with Perret able to move to fullback, SKD to the wing and Brown to the centers if that happens.

The only positions I had serious trouble deciding on was the last bench spot (Pritchard) and the left center spot. Decided to go with Ropati due to his combination at club level with the beast, but could easily be Junior Sau or someone else.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:54 am

Why have all the NZĂ©rs forgotten about their WC winning half in Nathan Fien ???
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:59 am

Couldn't pick him over Luke, and wouldn't pick him over Foran I don't think. Foran and Marshall could be our combination for years to come so might as well give them the chance to gel now.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:01 am

SBW wrote:
Couldn't pick him over Luke, and wouldn't pick him over Foran I don't think. Foran and Marshall could be our combination for years to come so might as well give them the chance to gel now.

Gel ?? They have had one game, and they were very average
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:02 am

Surely Sika Manu would get a gig for NZ considering he got picked earlier in the year without much game time
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:02 am

Hoffy > all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

End of year rep teams
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Forumotion's free forums | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com