Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

End of year rep teams

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
SBW
Guru
SBW

End of year rep teams - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:03 am

Bronco_josh wrote:
SBW wrote:
Couldn't pick him over Luke, and wouldn't pick him over Foran I don't think. Foran and Marshall could be our combination for years to come so might as well give them the chance to gel now.

Gel ?? They have had one game, and they were very average

I didn't say they had gelled already you tool, I said 'we might as well give them the chance to gel now'

Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:03 am

Bronco_josh wrote:
SBW wrote:
Couldn't pick him over Luke, and wouldn't pick him over Foran I don't think. Foran and Marshall could be our combination for years to come so might as well give them the chance to gel now.

Well Fien's been out all season, and the time he's played has been at Hooker.

And SBW said "give them a chance to gel"
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:16 am

Hendo Maroon wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:
SBW wrote:

He played number 7 dude
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:18 am

Bronco_josh wrote:
Hendo Maroon wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:
SBW wrote:

He played number 7 dude

He's talking about for the Dragons. Come on bro work things out yourself
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:22 am

SBW wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:
Hendo Maroon wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:
SBW wrote:

He played number 7 dude

He's talking about for the Dragons. Come on bro work things out yourself

Dude, he won a World Cup and has been the closest thing NZ have had to a number 7 since Stacey Jones, and people want to change him for a guy who hasnt played 50 first grade games ?? Work THAT out !!!
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:24 am

He's 31, I just think we are looking forward now and don't see Fien as a big part of those plans unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:27 am

Plus he plays hooker for the Dragons, massive risk putting a player in an uncomfortable position especially in rep games.. ala Hayne during origin etc etc

XOXO
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:28 am

SBW wrote:
He's 31, I just think we are looking forward now and don't see Fien as a big part of those plans unfortunately.

I really dont see Foran as any sort of replacement.

If Benji is the 6 or 7, then he needs a playmaker with him that can put him into space, and can give him good service, mixed with a good kicking game. Foran is not that sort of guy. Foran stands back and watches the other half work it around, then gets involved. Benji is a good player, but hardly a "thinking mans footballer".
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:30 am

Beckham wrote:
Plus he plays hooker for the Dragons, massive risk putting a player in an uncomfortable position especially in rep games.. ala Hayne during origin etc etc

Not an uncomfortable position for him at all.

He played there for the Cowboys and took them to one game out from a Grand Final, played there for the Warriors and also for NZ in the past, and won them a World Cup. Hardly an uncomfortable position
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:42 am

Bronco_josh wrote:
Beckham wrote:

Not an uncomfortable position for him at all.

He played there for the Cowboys and took them to one game out from a Grand Final, played there for the Warriors and also for NZ in the past, and won them a World Cup. Hardly an uncomfortable position

Lockyer is one of the greatest Fullbacks of all time yet i wouldn't want him anywhere near the position these days.. If you arn't playing in the position week in week out for your club then yes it is uncomfortable i would say.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of year rep teams   End of year rep teams - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

End of year rep teams
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com