Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article   Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:49 am

Bronco_josh wrote:
I meant distance wise

lol, I really cbf'd looking that up haha.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article   Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:53 am

Manning18 wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:
I meant distance wise

I think you'll find its about 30 minutes away, which is hardly a monopolisation of an area
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article   Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:59 am

Bronco_josh wrote:
Manning18 wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:
I meant distance wise

I think you'll find its about 30 minutes away, which is hardly a monopolisation of an area

They are two different cities which are fairly populated. Forget about down south, also the regions north and east in which Brisbane have pretty much full control of when it comes to juniors. Queensland is a big place, 3 teams have control of it. The amount of juniors each of these teams would control is a lot more than what any of the other clubs have access to, barring Canberra maybe who would come close. Add in the rest of the benefits Gould mentions, they have it pretty good in Brisbane.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article   Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:10 am

So let me get this straight. Brisbane rake in alot of revenue, and crowds, which make the NRL crowd averages look more spread out in the overall scheme of things, so instead of doing this more, by taking over cramped Sydney teams out, and putting them in places where they will get the crowds, and the revenue, you want to over cramp the QLD market, thus resulting in down crowd figures and revenue ??
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article   Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:27 am

Bronco_josh wrote:
So let me get this straight. Brisbane rake in alot of revenue, and crowds, which make the NRL crowd averages look more spread out in the overall scheme of things, so instead of doing this more, by taking over cramped Sydney teams out, and putting them in places where they will get the crowds, and the revenue, you want to over cramp the QLD market, thus resulting in down crowd figures and revenue ??

I never said that was what was needed. I was just saying that Brisbane have the clear advantage over other teams due to location, so it would be pretty parochial to name them the 'organisational benchmark'. Whatever is needed in the best interests of Rugby League is not up to me.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article   Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:32 am

Manning18 wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:

I never said that was what was needed. I was just saying that Brisbane have the clear advantage over other teams due to location, so it would be pretty parochial to name them the 'organisational benchmark'. Whatever is needed in the best interests of Rugby League is not up to me.

Its fairly easy to call them the Organisational benchmark, as they make money. Location or no, until another club starts making money, then they are THE benchmark. They are still the best at what they do
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article   Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:38 am

brisbane has the monopoly in all aspects because of where they are.

sydney have 9(?) that are fighting for crowds, support, and funding from outside sources.

and your argument about the gold coast Laughing. first off most ppl on the gold coast still support the broncos due to them only just having a team for a few years now.

also look at the population like manning said in each other area. brisbane has by far the most in all aspects and their monopoly really needs to end.

BRING BACK THE CRUSHERS!!!
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article   Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:44 am

DB wrote:
brisbane has the monopoly in all aspects because of where they are.

sydney have 9(?) that are fighting for crowds, support, and funding from outside sources.

and your argument about the gold coast Laughing. first off most ppl on the gold coast still support the broncos due to them only just having a team for a few years now.

also look at the population like manning said in each other area. brisbane has by far the most in all aspects and their monopoly really needs to end.

Like I said, Brisbane were bought in to the NSWRL, so of course they are a one team town. But NSwelshman saying put another Brisbane team in is stupid. I can imagine the NRL now:

" So you know this Brisbane club ? The one that blows our crowd figure averages out massively, and the only rugby league club that makes money ?? Yes, well lets over crowd by putting another team in there, making it another Sydney !!!! "

I love ow we have had a monopoly on the RL apparently, but only have 3 Origin players this year !!! Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article - Page 2 48427

BRING BACK THE CRUSHERS!!!
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

PostSubject: Re: Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article   Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:44 am

Bronco_josh wrote:
Manning18 wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:

Its fairly easy to call them the Organisational benchmark, as they make money. Location or no, until another club starts making money, then they are THE benchmark. They are still the best at what they do

When you say 'Location or not', that is just a parochial view. You need to look at the bigger picture. Yes, they sure do look good with 6 premierships in the last 20 years, making every finals series since 1992 and the ability to attract what many would call the best player in the game, but you need to realise that you'd be pretty worried if a club that is placed in such a position where they reap more benefits than pretty much every team isn't hvaing the cussess like the Broncos have had.

I admit that they look better than any other club in terms of success and revenue, but in terms of a benchmark, I wouldn't name anyone as that good. We all know League isn't going too well overall, so there is no benchmark IMO. Unless a team that is in a situation where they don't have control over such a large region steps up, there is no one. If Souths had the on-field success, I'd have them at this point in time seeing they were the only Sydney team to make a profit last year. Though they are definitely not the benchmark.
Back to top Go down
Bronco_josh
Professional
Bronco_josh

PostSubject: Re: Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article   Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 11:48 am

Like I said, Brisbane were bought in to the NSWRL, so of course they are a one team town. But NSwelshman saying put another Brisbane team in is stupid. I can imagine the NRL now:

" So you know this Brisbane club ? The one that blows our crowd figure averages out massively, and the only rugby league club that makes money ?? Yes, well lets over crowd by putting another team in there, making it another Sydney !!!! "

I love how we have had a monopoly on the RL apparently, but only have 3 Origin players this year !!! Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article - Page 2 48427
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article   Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Salary cap finally hits storm...pathetic article
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Forumotion's free forums | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com