Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

NFL Season Week 1

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:35 am

Fixtures:

Thursday September 9

Vikings @ Saints

Sunday September 12

Browns @ Buccaneers
Dolphins @ Bills
Bengals @ Patriots
Colts @ Texans
Broncos @ Jaguars
Falcons @ Steelers
Raiders @ Titans
Panthers @ Giants
Lions @ Bears
Cardinals @ Rams
Packers @ Eagles
49ers @ Seahawks
Cowboys @ Redskins

Monday September 13

Ravens @ Jets
Chargers @ Chiefs

Next Friday its on, Discuss here Smile
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:36 am

We got a hard match up against the Eagles, hopefully our defence is up to the task.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:42 am

It won't be.
Your gonna get smashed Razz
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 9:46 am

oh its on, we shall see who has bragging rights for this year Razz
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 11:25 am

ONE is going to show 61 reg season matches this year, including a Sunday triple header.

So for week 1 they're showing
MIN @ NO
CIN @ NE
PHL @ GB
DAL @ WAS

Also because they're showing 61 matches and no ESPN games, they have to show the NFL Network matches on a friday (along with 3xSunday games) to make up the 61 games

Interestingly these games clash with the TNT NBA double header... So it looks like ONE have changed their NBA coverage.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 12:54 pm

Havent seen much of our preseason but im expecting nothing but a win against the Texans to give our season a good start.

Vikings v Saints should be a cracker!

Its back NFL Season Week 1 575896
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 3:31 pm

Looking forward to monday week 7:00am is a good time 4 me NFL Season Week 1 Icon_smile

Last edited by Ablett29 on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 03, 2010 4:30 pm

Raiders @ Titans will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
DB
Guru
DB

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:46 am

anyone have the oneHD times for the games this week?

might have to find a stream to watch the steelers game. hopefully dixon can lead us to a win over alanta
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 3:20 am

3.45 NE v CIN
7 GB V Phi
10.20 WAS v Dal

frist two games are on delay by 45 minutes
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 6:49 am

cheers man
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:28 am

Dennis Dixon has been named as the starting QB for the Steelers.
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:43 am

How do you feel about that? More upside than Batch?
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
DB
Guru
DB

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 12:05 pm

I think they have definitely made the right decision.

Batch has had no reps with the starting offence at all this pre-season and he doesnt really offer much to the team. He is probably more accurate than dixon and has more experience but dixon offers so much more still.

however, now the offensive plays need to be changed a bit. Dixon is great at scrambling and can make heaps of yards doing so. So they need to open up the offensive play calls a bit to give him that option.

I seriously think we can still win games with Dixon compared to batch where i dont think he offers enough of a game breaking ability.

Dixon should do really well in these upcoming weeks and the steelers will be able to trade him for a decent draft pick.

Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Dixon was the best choice, Leftwhich has shown he is just average and Dixon has shown that if given the opportunity, he could manage a game well. He'll need a lot of help from Mendenhall and the line though.

Ravens and Jets is going to be one hell of a Monday matchup. Big test for two very similar teams. Young QBs who take the back seat to their running game, top 5 defence, top 5 running games and big offseason purchases in Tomlinson, Cromartie, Boldin and Houshmanzadeh. I can see the Jets coming through with this one, solely because of their superior defence and the return of Revis.

The other big matchup of course being Friday's. For mine the Saints will get up due to my Favre hate and the homefield advantage. It will be interesting to see whether Peterson's fumble problem has been resolved, just like they've been saying and if Favre will be able to connect with the young receivers.

As for the Colts, it will be a tough game against Houston, but we should be able to get up. Our defence needs to shape up a lot better against the pass, unlike how it did in the pre-season.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:23 pm

DB wrote:
Dennis Dixon has been named as the starting QB for the Steelers.

Great news. Grin
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:02 am

Im gonna have to disagree with manning...

i really think that the ravens can beat the jets. Im not convinced yet that the jets are a superbowl team.

they cut their no.1 running back for pretty much a rookie. They have gained heaps of old players that were once great but dont have a lot to offer anymore and Sanchez's work last year was not promising at all. then he had jones to fall back on if he was struggling.

Cromatie couldnt tackle at the chargers so what makes them think he can do it now? LT was a great RB but he will only be used in the pass on third down and with Sanchez's production that could be bad. And then you have too many characters on one team.

Whereas the Ravens have been a strong team for a few years now. Flacco looked good last year and they are hoping he can improve this year. They have rice and mcgahee in their backfield (two proven runners) and then they have assets in boldin and housh. And i dont really need to talk about the ravens DST....

So as much as i hate to say it ravens by 14
Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:22 am

DB wrote:
Im gonna have to disagree with manning...

i really think that the ravens can beat the jets. Im not convinced yet that the jets are a superbowl team.

they cut their no.1 running back for pretty much a rookie. They have gained heaps of old players that were once great but dont have a lot to offer anymore and Sanchez's work last year was not promising at all. then he had jones to fall back on if he was struggling.

Cromatie couldnt tackle at the chargers so what makes them think he can do it now? LT was a great RB but he will only be used in the pass on third down and with Sanchez's production that could be bad. And then you have too many characters on one team.

Whereas the Ravens have been a strong team for a few years now. Flacco looked good last year and they are hoping he can improve this year. They have rice and mcgahee in their backfield (two proven runners) and then they have assets in boldin and housh. And i dont really need to talk about the ravens DST....

So as much as i hate to say it ravens by 14

Fair assessment, and some valid points. There are a lot of things that do not fall in the Jets favour coming into this game. Revis returning of course is a plus overall, but the distractions over the offseason are a sure negative.

Though we can only speculate on the game, I have great confidence in Rex Ryan's ability to get the best out of certain defensive players. I can see that in Cromartie, where his 2007 form could easily be replicated, especially now since a lot of pressure off him from a much better defence around him overall.

On paper, the Ravens have the advantage but I can see the Jets coming on top, so we'll see on Tuesday Very Happy
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 9:25 am

Less than 48 hours to go. Can't wait to see the Saints vs Vikings opener on Friday and then the Dolphins kicking off their season on Monday morning in Buffalo. So pumped!!
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:29 pm

Won't be able to watch the match tomorrow as I will be at school.
Hopefully I will be able to catch a replay of it. Hoping that we can start the season off with a nice win.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
DB
Guru
DB

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:42 pm

DaneSwan#36 wrote:
Hopefully I will be able to catch a replay of it. Hoping that we can start the season off with a nice win.

match is friday mate haha but i guess the same still applys... just have a sick day
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:43 pm

DaneSwan#36 wrote:

You mean friday? Laughing

Everyone will be preparing for the Deb on friday, I'm not apart of it whatsoever but there will be hardly anyone at school so I might as well stay home and watch some NFL Grin
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:44 pm

Yeah I mean Friday Razz

And I can't take a sick day as next week is the last week before holidays so I am swamped with exams or assignments. Gotta be at school to do stuff for my AFL, ITM and English assignments.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:45 pm

i have a class that finishes at 11 but after that im gonna be sitting in front of the TV with noodles watching brett favre getting the shit hit out of him Smile
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:55 pm

Haha yeah, that would be great to watch DB Razz

I'll follow it on my phone though for sure.
I should be in HPE at the start of it. So I'll take a run as we are doing touch, then check my phone haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NFL Season Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 1   NFL Season Week 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Season Week 1
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com