Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Winner and Margin?
Australia 13+
2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Vote_lcap0%2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Australia 1-12
2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Vote_lcap50%2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Draw
2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Vote_lcap0%2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
New Zealand 1-12
 0% [ 0 ]
New Zealand 13+
2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Vote_lcap50%2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Empty
PostSubject: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 11:56 pm

2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Tri_nations

Australia travel back home for the final fixture of the 2010 Tri-Nations. The game won't affect the placings but both teams will be hoping for a win. The All Blacks have a 9 match winning streak over the Wallabies and to keep this streak alive they'll have to win it with out Dan Carter. Despite getting a narrow victory over the Springboks last weekend it has been another disappointing Tri-Nations for the Wallabies, the more they lose the more pressure on Robbie Deans keeping his coaching position.

The game will be played in Sydney at ANZ Stadium, 7:30 AEST. (9:30 NZT)

WALLABIES
TBA

ALL BLACKS
1. Tony Woodcock 2. Keven Mealamu 3. Owen Franks 4. Brad Thorn 5. Tom Donnelly 6. Victor Vito 7. Richie McCaw – captain 8. Kieran Read 9. Piri Weepu 10. Aaron Cruden 11. Israel Dagg 12. Ma’a Nonu 13. Conrad Smith 14. Cory Jane 15. Mils Muliaina

Reserves: 16. Corey Flynn 17. John Afoa 18. Anthony Boric 19. Jerome Kaino 20. Jimmy Cowan 21. Colin Slade 22. Rene Ranger

Plenty of changes to the All Blacks that played against the Boks 3 weeks ago. Firstly Aaron Cruden comes in for the injured Dan Carter and Colin Slade moves on to the bench, if Slade is to get a run it will his test debut for the ABs. Israel Dagg gets his first start of the Tri-Nations in replace of Joe Rok on the wing. Piri Weepu starts ahead of Jimmy Cowan at halfback. Owen Franks comes in to replace brother Ben and finally Victor Vito will start at 6 ahead of Jerome Kaino.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"

Last edited by Hendo Maroon on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Predicted ABs lineup: Woodcock, Flynn, O. Franks, Thorn, Donnelly, Vito, McCaw, Read, Weepu, Cruden, Dagg, Nonu, Smith, Jane, Muliaina. RESERVES: Mealamu/??, B. Franks/Afoa, Whitelock, Kaino/Messam, Cowan, Slade, Rokocoko/Stanley

Mealamu is nursing a tight calf so Flynn would well start, if Mealamu isn't fit to back-up then IMO they'll have Afoa back up at hooker. Vito, Cruden and Dagg have all but been confirmed starting spots which is fair enough IMO - Whitelock MIGHT get a start too but I don't see them benching Thorn or Donnelly so he'll probably have to make do with what I expect to be a decent run early in the 2nd half. I expect Kaino to stay on the bench rather than Messam and probably Roks will still be on the bench but it could possibly be Stanley.
Back to top Go down
http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 1:51 pm

ABs 1-12 for me.
I think the Wallabies will be knackered after travelling back from SA this week and with the nature of the game on the weekend.

It will be close til the last 10 or so minutes and the Kiwis will pull away I think.

Hope im wrong though 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  575896.

Also, whats the Cruden like as a player? A bit like Quade or something completely different? Didnt see much of him last S14 season but what I did he seemed pretty solid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 10:45 pm

He's a strong running 1st 5 but very young and VERY raw - similar to Cooper last year maybe?
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 11:48 pm

All Blacks team named and in first post.

Plenty of changes to the side.

Can't wait to see Israel Dagg get a start, I love the look of that back 3.

P'Rus was pretty much spot on with his starting line prediction, just Mealamu is fit to play and will start.

Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 1:52 am

Yeah - pretty much as expected - little surprised they pulled Ranger in, but very deserved after he shredded the Southlanders on the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Beckham
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:10 am

Aus 13+ on the back of the great news that Quade has signed for another year. Hopefully it's a free flowing game. Look forward to seeing Lachie Turner, apparently he's been tearing up in the reserves and should never have been dropped in the first place imo.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:11 am

I can see us going down tonight. I'm still not convinced on Cruden, and i'm not sure whether he is the best guy to be backing up Dan heading into the World Cup.
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 8:58 am

Australia's Prides on the line tonught and you guys know it and will be ready but this will be a Kamikaze Wallabies side tonight (rare as rocking horse shit too the Wallabies Firing up )
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:04 am

I think we'll get the win. We've looked very comfortable in the 2 wins previous wins over Australia, obviously we'll miss DC but I am confident in Cruden, so confident I'm going to put some money on him for first try.

Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:07 am

NZ TAB has us as strong favourites Head to Head

Australia 2.90
New Zealand 1.38

Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:17 am

I'm going on the theory that this isn't the best kiwi side available (changes?) ....and sheer hope........... but even if i've only ever played 2 union games and was shit if they do their best ill cheer but sometimes these Bies seem to not try as if saving themselves for god knows what. they play bugger all games and i'll bag em ...i have issues with anything less than 110% as yoda says there is do or do not (or some shit)
Back to top Go down
Megadeecee
Guru
Megadeecee

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 9:20 am

Geez and i was bagging Leb schooling....
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 1:04 pm

LETS GO BOYS!

Hopefully Cruden has a solid game! Haka time!
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Its happening again. 40 seconds to go, weve got the lineout 60 metres out.

COME ON WALLABIES!
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:47 pm

Won't be surprised to lose to them again.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 2:47 pm

F*** me.
Back to top Go down
Panthers
Administrator
Panthers

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Lol same old shit from the Wallabies in the second half. Didn't see much of the game but we looked pretty impressive from what I saw. Shattering result, but I'm not surprised. Rolling Eyes Laughing

AB's - congrats on retaining the Bledisloe and regaining the Tri-Nations... just way too good yet again. We will get you guys when it counts the most in the WC next year. Wink Very Happy

Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 4:59 pm

After the 2007 World Cup.. it's all gone downhill for the Wallabies.

Guttered about the result, but not surprised.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:15 pm

10 in a row!!

Back to top Go down
Pantherus
Guru
Pantherus

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:35 pm

Man that first half was painful. Cruden demonstrated very well that he's not ready for international rugby. He needs to have a MASSIVE Super season and/or end of year tour to stop Delaney or Slade from being the WC backup 10.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:46 pm

Cruden had a mixed game. He made some nice little chips and set up a few opportunities and made some nice little runs often getting an offload. His kick-offs were an issue and he did miss touch on a penalty. Was never going to be an easy game for him, Australia were fired up in the first half and their forwards didn't make it easy for Weepu to get quick ball to Cruden.

I still have faith in him, and he'll get the experience he needs at the end of year tour and Super 15 next season.

Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:57 am

ABs looked a lot better once they took off that little kid who won the Weetbix "Win an hour playing 10 for the All Blacks" competition.

I'd put Cruden 8th in my AB 10s pecking order. Carter, Delany, Slade, Donald, Howell, Brett, Robinson, Cruden
Back to top Go down
willyhbhs
Veteran
willyhbhs

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:52 am

carter, slade, delaney, berquist, howell, robinson. rest arent worth mentioning
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 5:47 am

There is no way Cruden would be 8th. He's definitely better than Donald, Brett, Howell Laughing and Robinson and from what we've seen of Delany at test level (very limited) he's better than him too.

Some people are being a bit hard on Cruden, I thought he went alright.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand    2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 Tri-Nations - Game 9: Australia V New Zealand
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com