Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

NFL Season Week 2

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 9:30 am

philly wrote:
Svoerman wrote:
Kolb will start next time he's fit... you don't trade a pro-bowl QB then only give the next in-line a half to prove himself.
Of course, but McNabb was traded because Reid and the rest of the management said he was ready, but from his performances so far he isn't ready. But of course you can't judge him from so little gametime. But if he isn't performing Vick will go in there, I have no doubt in that.

I said when McNabb was first traded that I felt it was a season or two too early, so far it seems I was right. I want to see Vick getting a fair shot because the offence looked all on the same wavelength with Vick under centre while under Kolb they were all over the show.

Of course Vick will be able to turn the offense around faster than Kolb when given their chances, seeing Vick is experienced as a starter. Kolb probably doesn't command the respect of the rest of the men in his huddle at this point, so this will come. The team already wouldn't have to much confidence in him, so benching him sometime this year would only lower the confidence his team mates have in him (When he starts at a later date) and the confidence he has in himself. In the long term, he is their starter with Vick slotting in there when he came. It should stay this way. Good, young QB prospects don't grow on trees.
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 10:46 am

philly wrote:
Svoerman wrote:
Kolb will start next time he's fit... you don't trade a pro-bowl QB then only give the next in-line a half to prove himself.
Of course, but McNabb was traded because Reid and the rest of the management said he was ready, but from his performances so far he isn't ready. But of course you can't judge him from so little gametime. But if he isn't performing Vick will go in there, I have no doubt in that.

I said when McNabb was first traded that I felt it was a season or two too early, so far it seems I was right. I want to see Vick getting a fair shot because the offence looked all on the same wavelength with Vick under centre while under Kolb they were all over the show.

You were willing to chuck him aside after 1 half, a half where he was probably the most nervous he has ever been in his life.

As Manning said, Kolb will play out the year as starter (when fit) you can't say to him "you're our man for the next 5-10 years" then dump him from the starting position after 1 bad half, like you were willing to do. It would kill the kid mentally.

As Schofield said in prison break "Just have a little faith".

I'm not saying he will be the next Brady or Manning but you've got to let him prove himself for a little more then a half
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 11:17 am

The big loser from the QB situation in Philly? DeSean Jackson. He no longer has McNabb around to throw deep bombs for him, which makes Maclin the best-suited receiver for the offense they'll run with Vick and Kolb.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 11:18 am

Svoerman wrote:
philly wrote:
Svoerman wrote:

You were willing to chuck him aside after 1 half, a half where he was probably the most nervous he has ever been in his life.
I wouldn't say I was willing to 'chuck him aside'. It's just he won't partake in any practise until Thursday at the earliest, I just don't think it is worth risking him this early in the season. By Week 3 he should be back at 100% and will have a full week of practise and then he can start. If he had passed the tests today, then he would of started imo.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 12:11 pm

you cant say anything about kolbs future knowing that we have only seen him play for ONE QUARTER this season.

this is his first year of practising with the first team offence and of course he is going to be extremely nervous in his first game as the No.1 QB.

i dont expect him to play this week but i do think he will be the starting QB for the rest of the year. and he will play a lot better than many are giving him credit for.

and i agree with Kvlt. Maclin will like the tighter situations whereas jackson isnt physical enough in the short yard situations. It will take Kolb a bit of time to find his feet in the starting position before he is comfortable throwing the long bomb
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 3:48 pm

Kolb looked good when he played last year. Doesn't have the best arm in the league, but he's accurate on short-intermediate routes and has nice touch. Pass protection could be an issue for him though; he's growing into the starting role, and the Eagles' line wasn't exactly stellar against the Packers.

Vick kept them in the game with his rushing ability. If Kolb hadn't been ironed out, given he's more of a straight-up pocket QB, the Eagles probably would have lost with a heavier deficit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 3:13 am

lol i had a look on Footy forecaster today and aparently philly will come last on 7-9 Facepalm
Back to top Go down
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 2:21 am

Vick to start for Kolb

PHILADELPHIA -- Michael Vick has always appreciated the chance that the Philadelphia Eagles gave him to return to the NFL. Now, he's getting an opportunity to return the favor.
Vick will start at quarterback for the Eagles on Sunday against the Detroit Lions, the first time he's been under center at the start of a game since his time with the Atlanta Falcons -- long before the world learned about his cruel world of dogfighting.
Eagles coach Andy Reid made it official Friday when he ruled quarterback Kevin Kolb out for Sunday's game with the concussion he suffered in their season-opening loss to the Green Bay Packers. Middle linebacker Stewart Bradley was also ruled out with a concussion.
Reid said that both players passed the written part of the concussion test, but they had to see Dr. William Welch to pass the next phase. That appointment was set for Friday.

"We'll see how that goes before we go any further," Reid said.
Meanwhile, the Eagles head to Detroit looking to even their record at 1-1. And starting at quarterback will be Vick, who last started the final game of the 2006 season for the Falcons against, ironically enough, the Eagles.
"It would be gratifying," Vick said of leading the Eagles to a win. "This team took a chance on me when not many others would."
Vick missed the entire 2007 and '08 seasons after his involvement in a dogfighting ring came to light. The Eagles signed him last preseason and, after serving a four-game suspension, he played in 12 regular-season games for the team primarily as an option in the wildcat formation.
For the season, Vick completed 6 of 13 passes for 86 yards with one touchdown. He also ran the ball 24 times for 95 yards and two touchdowns.
Any rust that may have been lingering came off in chunks last week against the Packers, though, when Vick came into the game in the second half with the Eagles trailing 20-3. His elusiveness in the open field and strong arm helped Philadelphia get within 27-20, before his last drive stalled on fourth-and-1 from the Green Bay 42.
Vick still finished 16 of 24 for 175 yards and a touchdown while running for 103 yards.
"Michael is excited to step in and play," Reid said. "As we all know, he was one of the great quarterbacks in the league before he was incarcerated.
"He did a great job of getting back into shape, that's number one. Then, the speed of the game -- you're talking about a guy who was one of the fastest players in the game and he was stumbling a little last preseason. Then you look last Sunday and he was as fast as he was. He not only ran for 100 yards, but he also threw the ball well."
Vick took all the reps with the first team in practice this week and should be as ready to start as he's been since he left the Falcons.
"This is a big game," Vick said. "It's not about me making my first start or none of that. I've put all of that aside. It's about us going on the road and trying to get a win. We need to go out there and get a win, that's what matters. Nobody wants to be 0-2."

-
If vick can play like he did last week, surely we will win! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 2:38 am

Philly will win, because they're playing Detriot (although improving) who are with out Stafford.

The fact Vick is starting has very little impact on that.

Also Kolb is injured hence why Vick is starting.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:10 pm

Brian who?
LeSean McCoy, 15 carries for 119 yards with 3 TD's Very Happy
Vick has gone 20 of 33 for 283 yards, 2 TD's and no picks.

35-17 up with about 5 to go Smile
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Ended 35-32. Far, far closer than it should of been. Defence was awful at times at the end there.
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:54 pm

GO PACK GO!
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 11:58 pm

Favre was picked off 4 times Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 12:20 am

haha ruining my tipping though, i think i picked dolphins and cowboys! gah
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:13 am

Woke up at 3 to see the Dolphins dominate Favre. Were up 14-0, got our final TD from a Favre fumble in the endzone. Vikings got one back plus a FG. Miami wins 14-10 and I'm the only one on here to tip them. First time since 2002 we are 2-0! Currently leading the division with New York sewn up against the Pats. Bring on the Jesters next week!

Go Phins!!! 2-0 Grin
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:15 am

Texans/Skins in OT.
Texans could be about to take the win and cap a great comeback.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:19 am

Why they didn't just have a bloody crack at that I'll never know. Trust in the kicker!
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:41 am

Was a good game that one. Now looking forward to Manning v Manning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
liam_bombers
Guru
liam_bombers

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:44 am

That Icing the Kicker rule is f***ing gay! Washington got robbed big time.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 2:47 am

Both McNabb and Schaub threw for 400+ yards in that game.

And Dallas are 0-2 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:15 am

liam_bombers wrote:

It's not a rule, it's a tactic. Taking a time-out just prior to the snap is something that has been done for years. Kickers should be use to it.
Back to top Go down
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:19 am

Love watching the skins lose i got up just in time to see that happen NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_cool
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:19 am

Svoerman wrote:
liam_bombers wrote:

It's not a rule, it's a tactic. Taking a time-out just prior to the snap is something that has been done for years. Kickers should be use to it.
Wasn't it limited to just one time out?
I remember when teams would burn any TO's on that last kick of the game Laughing
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:29 am

I'm pritty sure they only took the one TO. If there was two, one would've had to be a Washington TO
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 3:41 am

Colts touchdown.
They have had it since the start of the game, went 80 yards from 12 plays.

Great start for the Colts, they are looking pretty good now, although it is only early.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 2   NFL Season Week 2 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Season Week 2
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com