Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

NFL Season Week 3

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:27 pm

49ers @ Chiefs
Titans @ Giants
Steelers @ Buccaneers
Lions @ Vikings
Falcons @ Saints
Browns @ Ravens
Bills @ Patriots
Bengals @ Panthers - ONE HD 5am
Cowboys @ Texans
Redskins @ Rams
Eagles @ Jaguars
Chargers @ Seahawks
Raiders @ Cardinals
Colts @ Broncos ONE HD 7:40am
Jets @ Dolphins ONE HD 10:20am

Monday 27th September (28th in Aus)

Packers @ Bears
Back to top Go down
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:28 pm

GAH! we have the damn Bears this week who have been on fire!
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:53 pm

The Falcons are coming off a brilliant win against the Cardinals, and we were a little off today, although we did start good.

Reggie Bush came off in the fourth with a leg injury, so I don't know how he will pull up.

Hopefully he pulls up okay and we can grab a win next week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
philly
Guru
philly

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 1:58 pm

Dominated the Jags when both teams had their starters out in pre-season.
Regular season is different but I'm still expecting a win.

Will be interesting to see how much gametime Vick will see if Kolb starts.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:01 pm

I heard Bush will be out for like 6 weeks. Big loss.

Big game for us on Sunday, Denver were good on the weekend and over there high in the sky it will be a tough game. Plus they will be fired up to get a win for Kenny Mckinley.

Still, going by our performance on Sunday im confident of a win.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
DB
Guru
DB

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:15 pm

the steelers game should be another hard fought match.

We are probably down to our 4th placed QB unless Leftwich is ready to step up after that injury.

Dixon looks to be out for 3-5 weeks so he wont see anymore game time this season most likely.

and also freeman for the bucs lately has looked amazing. So it will be interesting to see how he goes against the steel curtain!
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:56 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81ab9f7a/article/reid-switches-gears-picks-vick-over-kolb-as-eagles-qb?module=HP_headlines

vick is gonna start over kolb!!!

great news for vick and general spectators of the sport!
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:16 am

a_F_c wrote:

Big game for us on Sunday, Denver were good on the weekend and over there high in the sky it will be a tough game. Plus they will be fired up to get a win for Kenny Mckinley.

F*** that really is a big loss. I take him to be one of the most important players in the side, if not the most important behind Brees. Yeah he isn't good under the high ball, but he just adds a whole different option to the side, and his pace is great.

I am confident that we can do it without him, although as you said it will be a big loss.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
DB
Guru
DB

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:18 am

DaneSwan#36 wrote:
a_F_c wrote:

F*** that really is a big loss. I take him to be one of the most important players in the side, if not the most important behind Brees. Yeah he isn't good under the high ball, but he just adds a whole different option to the side, and his pace is great.

I am confident that we can do it without him, although as you said it will be a big loss.

He isnt even your no.1 running back.......... its a loss but it ain't no huge loss imo.
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:59 am

There would be many more important players on the Saints defense, O-line and Pierre Thomas before Reggie Bush would get a mention.

Also a day after saying Kolb would start this week, Reid has come out and announced Vick as the starter for Philly. I don't agree with the decision, I just think Kolb has more of an upside for the future then Vick.

The decision however isn't going to bother me.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 6:44 am

If I was wearing a hat, I would tip it to Andy.
Finally a good call from him. I know Kolb is the future for us, but he just simply isn't ready yet. You can say he will only learn by playing, but whats the point if our offence is going to be a non-factor with him there. As some guys on NFL.com said, the offence will be so much better with Vick and the guys will be happier because the offence is just so right under Vick. I think the main reason for naming Vick was he has added the passing dimension to his game as he has showed in the last two games and his ability to get away from defenders is phenomenal.

It's brilliant for Vick because he gets a chance to put his past behind him and say 'Hey, I'm a different guy now', of course there are those who will continue to see him as the dog fighter who plays football, but to Eagles fans he is the man we need under centre if we want to stand a chance this year. I wasn't happy when McNabb was given away so Kolb to play, but to have Vick playing makes me happy.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 7:47 am

i do believe everyone is writing kolb off way too early... you have only seen him play one quarter with the big boys this season....
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:20 am

DB wrote:
i do believe everyone is writing kolb off way too early... you have only seen him play one quarter with the big boys this season....

Exactly right DB. Judging the guy way too early. You've got to give him 3-4 games to get into his groove, work out the different offensive plays and go from there.

My Jaguars have the Eagles this weekend, massive game for both teams. I know we won't be winning our Division, the Colts are simply too good and the Texans are 2-0 already and are slightly stronger. So the Wild Card is the best we can do, so we've got to win our home games. One thing is for sure, if we get 6 TO's again we'll be thrashed.

Also, massive game in Houston between the Cowboys and Texans. If the Texans can get up (I'm certainly hoping they can), the Cowboys would be 0-3. The panic button would be close to being hit.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:40 am

Kolb only got to play because Andy Reid has a huge man-crush on him and heaps of fans hated on McNabb. Since it was announced the Kolb was starter he hasn't ever looked good, not in pre-season and in the opener, it may be a bit early but at no stage has he looked ready. He has had since the end of last season to gel and trained with the other starters all training camp but in the pre-season and Green Bay game it seemed there was no connection between Kolb, Jackson, Maclin and McCoy and we did not all that much on the offensive side. With Vick there everyone is so much happier, McCoy is running it well and DeSean and Maclin are racking up the yards. I'm thinking Reid picked up on that the team are happier with Vick there and knew that it's just not Kolb's time. And it may never be his time of Vick plays really well.
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:09 am

A couple of points...

Vick was sacked 6 times againts the Lions, repeat the Lions. This tells us a couple of things, Vick takes ages to get rid of the ball and a Phillys offensive line is shit. Vick may be a good scrambler, but when Philly come up againts teams like the Colts, Giants and the Cowboys who have a much better defense then Detriot he will be found wanting.

The Kolb - Reid relationship is fucked now, even though Kolb may not say it. 99.9% would lose trust with a guy who 24 hours earlier said he was the guy, only to see him "back flip". How will Kolb be able to trust anything Reid says in the future? I doubt Kolb is in the .1%

Vick isn't the type of QB that Philly offense has been accustomed to over the past seasons with McNabb and coming into this season they would've planned the Offense with Kolbs ability to pass the ball, but now they will have to throw away the majority of their offseason planning and focus more on running. Which will take a couple of games to adjust to.

I honestly can't see the Eagles making the playoffs now.

Back to top Go down
Manning18
Guru
Manning18

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:38 am

I agree with Svoerman and DB, this decision in the focused way to much on the short term and they aren't seeing the bigger picture with Kolb being benched.

As we've established, Kolb was barely given a chance to show what he could do. For one his O-line gave him little opportunities and from what I saw the running game wasn't helping him as much. That gives him little help on his third start of his career to create something against what is one of the best offences in the league in green Bay. You can't base anything on the pre-season.

Philly made a decision when trading McNabb that they would build towards the future in Kolb. Now they decide to turn to the quick fix in Vick. Kolb's confidence as a future team leader would be hit dramatically and as Svoerman said, his trust in Reid.

It does not matter about how differently the team under Vick looked against Detroit to how they looked under Kolb for half a game against Green Bay, the Eagles have now hit the confidence of the supposed future starter, along with his trust in his head coach by putting forward a short solution for a long term issue.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:43 am

Svoerman wrote:
A couple of points...

Vick was sacked 6 times againts the Lions, repeat the Lions. This tells us a couple of things, Vick takes ages to get rid of the ball and a Phillys offensive line is shit. Vick may be a good scrambler, but when Philly come up againts teams like the Colts, Giants and the Cowboys who have a much better defense then Detriot he will be found wanting.
And how many did he avoid with his ability to avoid sacks. And despite being sacked he still went for close to 300 net yards.

Svoerman wrote:
Vick isn't the type of QB that Philly offense has been accustomed to over the past seasons with McNabb and coming into this season they would've planned the Offense with Kolbs ability to pass the ball, but now they will have to throw away the majority of their offseason planning and focus more on running. Which will take a couple of games to adjust to.

I honestly can't see the Eagles making the playoffs now.
Vick has shown so far he is a pretty capable pocket passer. His ability to move around is only an advantage over Kolb who is less likely to move around and as such get sacked more.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:47 am

As for Vick not being a 'long term' solution, if he plays really well I see him getting an extension and a team in need of a QB coming in for Kolb. Vick still has a good 5 seasons or more and he looks in the best form of his life.

Vick is the best solution for the short and quite possibly the long term. If Vick does struggle the rest of the season then Kolb would of done no better. I can only see this as a good thing for us, we are so much better with Vick there over Kolb.
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:08 am

philly wrote:
And how many did he avoid with his ability to avoid sacks. And despite being sacked he still went for close to 300 net yards.

Vick has shown so far he is a pretty capable pocket passer. His ability to move around is only an advantage over Kolb who is less likely to move around and as such get sacked more.

If he gets sacked 6 times againts Detriot you can't expect him to do better againts the Cowboys, Giants, Colts and Vikings towards the back end of the season. Also againts these teams I wouldn't be expecting him to scramble for the same amount of yards - It just won't happen.

Because someone is an able mover doesn't mean he is automatically better at avioding sacks. I use Tom Brady as an example, he is a terible mover and scrambler, but his ability to aviod the pass rush is very very good.

I'm 100% on this... but I'd bet Kolb has the quicker release time of the two. Which = less time to get sacked, which = less sacks.

Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:17 am

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/09000d5d81abad59/Playbook-agrees-on-Vick-decision?module=HP_cp2

Around 1.50, he may of got sacked 6 times but he avoided so many others.
A player in his form and the athleticism he has shown cannot be left on the bench.

As for Kolb having a quicker release, showed no signs of it against Green Bay and in pre-season when most times he dropped back he was under pressure 1- because the O-Line didn't do their job and 2- Kolb didn't get rid of the ball.

And you said Kolb won't run for as many yards against stronger teams, he ran for less than 40 against the Lions because he is a more than capable passer, and with the weapons in our offence things are only going to get better.
Back to top Go down
Svoerman
Guru
Svoerman

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:27 am

If your QB is facing 12 sacks a game... your team isn't going to make the play-offs regardless of the QB.

I've said it before, teams with the better defenses won't allow Vick to run for the same amount of yards as he did againts Detriot and Green Bay.

I honestly couldn't care less, I would've stuck with Kolb as going with Vick has created alot more negatives then what staying with Kolb would've IMO

EDIT: I mean going with Vick allows the posibility for more negatives.
Back to top Go down
Sparky_Hughes
Sparky_Hughes

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Svoerman wrote:
If your QB is facing 12 sacks a game... your team isn't going to make the play-offs regardless of the QB.

I've said it before, teams with the better defenses won't allow Vick to run for the same amount of yards as he did againts Detriot and Green Bay.

I honestly couldn't care less, I would've stuck with Kolb as going with Vick has created alot more negatives then what staying with Kolb would've IMO

I haven't watched the Eagles play this season (hopefully I can the chance this weekend against the Jaguars) but all this talk of Kolb being sacked six times leads me to believe one thing, the Eagles O-Line is pathetic. Surely they've got to give better protection to their QB.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:05 pm

Svoerman wrote:

imagine the steelers defence!!!! stopped chris johnson for 34 yards, so imagine what would happen to vick haha
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:24 pm

Svoerman wrote:
There would be many more important players on the Saints defense, O-line and Pierre Thomas before Reggie Bush would get a mention.
You say that, but Reggie Bush is an extremely valuable part of that team. He provides a nice change of pace from the PT Bruiser, has great hands and always seems to sniff out the endzone when it's needed most.

Ivory might get to see some game-time for the Saints while Reggie is out. I have a good friend over there who's attended Saints practices; his opinion is one that I trust. He tells me to keep an eye on Ivory, as he has the same characteristics. Get a load of this play:

Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
Hank Moody
Guru
Hank Moody

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:48 pm

wow his speed wasnt that great, but man did he show good awareness.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

NFL Season Week 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NFL Season Week 3   NFL Season Week 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NFL Season Week 3
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com