Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Hot News to be revealed on Monday

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

Hot News to be revealed on Monday - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hot News to be revealed on Monday   Hot News to be revealed on Monday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 4:30 pm

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10677119

Finally an article about this, looking more and more likely something huge will happen on Monday.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: Hot News to be revealed on Monday   Hot News to be revealed on Monday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 4:36 pm

Paul Kent was asked about it on The Matty Johns Show today, about the email rumour.
He said he spoke to Gallop about it and was untrue;
yet why would Gallop indulge in a big story to a journalist? It's a bit iffy.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Hot News to be revealed on Monday   Hot News to be revealed on Monday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:44 pm

The Tank wrote:
Looking back on this thread, why did you all make DUB delete the names? COuld we get in trouble or somthing...?

Where's the emoticon for face palm when you need it.....
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Hot News to be revealed on Monday   Hot News to be revealed on Monday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 30, 2010 5:44 pm

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/betting-probe-emails-exposed-as-bogus-by-nrl-as-cowboys-bulldogs-investigation-continues/story-e6frep5x-1225932536330

THE National Rugby League has labelled a slew of electronic material linked to the alleged Cowboys-Bulldogs betting plunge as "bogus" and dismissed rumours it would issue life bans to perpetrators 24 hours after the grand final.

NRL operations chief Graham Annesley dismissed the texts and emails and scuppered suggestions the governing body was set to rock the code by issuing life bans.

"There is nothing to it as far as we know in relation to all the allegations that are in those texts and emails," he said.

The continuing police investigation into suspicious betting activity on the round-24 clash has sparked a torrent of damaging text messages and emails that are sweeping the rugby league industry.

Almost identical in content, the viral texts and emails claim up to eight people - including three Cowboys players - are facing fines or life bans for their alleged involvement in an attempted sting on the North Queensland-Bulldogs match.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Courier-Mail staff have in the past fortnight been swamped with an unprecedented number of allegations, most highly defamatory to players and other league identities.

One text message sent to The Courier-Mail reads in part: "Hot off the press boys, 6 players and 1 manager will get a life ban on Monday for match-fixing in the NRL ... 3 from Cowboys, 2 Bulldogs and a Storm player."

The message then reveals the identity of seven individuals. For legal reasons, the names cannot be published.

The content has become so widely circulated that it is believed to be factual.

NSW State Crime Command detectives have obtained the material and there were suggestions the code was bracing for the NRL and police to deliver its findings the day after the Roosters-Dragons grand final.

But Annesley said the NRL had not discussed handing out life bans on Monday.

"The fact the (email) says we're going to hand out life bans after the grand final just demonstrates that the email is completely bogus. It's simply not true," he said.

"What I can absolutely guarantee you is that we've had no internal discussions about any action whatsoever because we don't know what the police are going to find.

"Until we get something back from the police, either that they are doing something or doing nothing, we're not in a position to discuss any internal action."

Annesley said he was well aware of the emails. "It's a sign of the times, these viral emails spread like wildfire," he said.

"Where did it start from? Who knows, but it certainly hasn't come from anyone who knows anything. Until the police hand down their finding, we're all in the dark."

As revealed by The Courier-Mail a fortnight ago, police investigators have identified persons of interest in the NRL betting saga.

Detectives will begin quizzing Cowboys players, but it is understood many will be interviewed as potential witnesses rather than key suspects.

Racing NSW chief steward Ray Murrihy, who has tabled a report to the NRL, said he was also aware of the electronic gossip surrounding the probe.

"I've seen the texts but until the police make some announcement I'm not sure where these rumours can take you."

Asked if the names in the texts and email were accurate, Murrihy said: "I'm not prepared to say who is or isn't involved."
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

PostSubject: Re: Hot News to be revealed on Monday   Hot News to be revealed on Monday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 4:32 am

Gallop last night reckoned it was all BS too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Hot News to be revealed on Monday   Hot News to be revealed on Monday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 01, 2010 7:18 am

He also stated that no decisions will be made until approximately November 1st
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Hot News to be revealed on Monday   Hot News to be revealed on Monday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:08 am

has anyone got the txt message floating around?

it pretty much says everything thats been discussed in here etc

find it to be a pretty big rumour if i have mates showing me on their phones haha
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Hot News to be revealed on Monday   Hot News to be revealed on Monday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:35 pm

Just thought I'd share this little tid bit (even if it is Weidler writing it)

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/ibrahim-ready-to-roar-on-roosters-20101002-161y9.html

EXPECT Bulldogs players to be interviewed by police before the end of this week - which ruins the rumours that have been spat out as fact that half-a-dozen players and a manager would be banned from the game tomorrow. Some innocent people have been defamed in a big way by the emails and texts which have been floating around in recent days and be sure that lawyers are watching every word.

He's right though, I would advise everyone against naming any player or person involved in this without first having proof.....
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

PostSubject: Re: Hot News to be revealed on Monday   Hot News to be revealed on Monday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:40 pm

We should probably remove the thread then.. just to be safe?
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

PostSubject: Re: Hot News to be revealed on Monday   Hot News to be revealed on Monday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 5:44 pm

JB-NQC wrote:
We should probably remove the thread then.. just to be safe?

If you haven't said anything wrong you've got nothing to fear....

But I would definitely edit out any names if I were anyone who had posted them.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

PostSubject: Re: Hot News to be revealed on Monday   Hot News to be revealed on Monday - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 02, 2010 11:36 pm

DB wrote:
has anyone got the txt message floating around?

it pretty much says everything thats been discussed in here etc

find it to be a pretty big rumour if i have mates showing me on their phones haha

It's like anything really.. Like when Ledger or Jackson died everyone started getting jokes texted to them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hot News to be revealed on Monday   Hot News to be revealed on Monday - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hot News to be revealed on Monday
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Make a forum | Sports and Hobbies | Collectives sports | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com