Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

The ideal bench?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

The ideal bench? Empty
PostSubject: The ideal bench?   The ideal bench? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 3:53 am

What players do you think make the "ideal" bench?

In my opinion, I think there should be one utility (can play in the backs, or even the halves)
eg. Gillett

One front rower/prop that can come on and when the opposition is tired and really carve them up
eg. Tim Mannah

One second rower/lock that has good attacking game
eg. Dwyer

A forward that can play in anywhere in the forward back (bar hooker)
eg. Payten

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru
KromyD

The ideal bench? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ideal bench?   The ideal bench? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 4:00 am

A lot will depend on teams. If you have backrowers who can play centre than you could probably carry another prop, or if you have a 60min hooker you will definitely need to have a utility. Each team is different, but i would most likely think the ideal bench should be something like...

A utility player, most likely a back that can slot into dummy half. - Lance Hohaia
A prop forward, an impact player more so than a work horse. - Fuifui Moimoi
A prop that can slot into backrow. - Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
A strong backrower. - Neville Costigan
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

The ideal bench? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ideal bench?   The ideal bench? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 5:24 am

KromyD wrote:
A lot will depend on teams. If you have backrowers who can play centre than you could probably carry another prop, or if you have a 60min hooker you will definitely need to have a utility. Each team is different, but i would most likely think the ideal bench should be something like...

A utility player, most likely a back that can slot into dummy half. - Lance Hohaia
A prop forward, an impact player more so than a work horse. - Fuifui Moimoi
A prop that can slot into backrow. - Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
A strong backrower. - Neville Costigan

I agree with the way you selected the players, but not necessarily the players themselves.

It's also ironic that all of them are starting players.....

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The ideal bench? Empty
PostSubject: Re: The ideal bench?   The ideal bench? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The ideal bench?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
How to make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com