Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

 

 2011 predicitons

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Danger32 wrote:
Soward won't win the Dally M

Ahh yes and Dragons will choke and wont win the league... Blah Blah Blah

I won't say Soward definitely won't win a Dally M, but I will say I can't see it happening. The Dragons dominated this year and Soward was nowhere near close to winning it, if your team goes that well and you're not even in the race, than I dare say you're unlikely ever going to win.

Boyd would be more likely to win one IMO.

your kidding right?

its clear the reason a dragons player wont win Dally M is because the team is playing so well. Easy to give votes to players in nothing teams like Thurston at Cowboys.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

Posts : 1559
Age : 31
Location : Townsville

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:32 pm

Styletix wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Danger32 wrote:
Soward won't win the Dally M

Ahh yes and Dragons will choke and wont win the league... Blah Blah Blah

I won't say Soward definitely won't win a Dally M, but I will say I can't see it happening. The Dragons dominated this year and Soward was nowhere near close to winning it, if your team goes that well and you're not even in the race, than I dare say you're unlikely ever going to win.

Boyd would be more likely to win one IMO.

your kidding right?

its clear the reason a dragons player wont win Dally M is because the team is playing so well. Easy to give votes to players in nothing teams like Thurston at Cowboys.

Right so let me get this straight.

You think that the Dragons will both win another title, and that Soward will win the Dally M, but that it's clear no Dragons player will win the Dally M because they're playing so well.....Cos that's not contradicting yourself at all.

And for the record, Thurston won the Dally M when NQ finished 5th and 3rd, hardly in a team playing crap.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Posts : 10081
Location : Adelaide

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:34 pm

Scotty wins.
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

Posts : 6486
Age : 26
Location : olympic park

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:38 pm

Dally M deserves to go to me...I'm the 18th man for the storm Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Danger32 wrote:
Soward won't win the Dally M

Ahh yes and Dragons will choke and wont win the league... Blah Blah Blah

I won't say Soward definitely won't win a Dally M, but I will say I can't see it happening. The Dragons dominated this year and Soward was nowhere near close to winning it, if your team goes that well and you're not even in the race, than I dare say you're unlikely ever going to win.

Boyd would be more likely to win one IMO.

your kidding right?

its clear the reason a dragons player wont win Dally M is because the team is playing so well. Easy to give votes to players in nothing teams like Thurston at Cowboys.

Right so let me get this straight.

You think that the Dragons will both win another title, and that Soward will win the Dally M, but that it's clear no Dragons player will win the Dally M because they're playing so well.....Cos that's not contradicting yourself at all.

And for the record, Thurston won the Dally M when NQ finished 5th and 3rd, hardly in a team playing crap.

Wasnt a contradiction. Clear common sense verses a measly prediction. Surely you can spot the difference Laughing


Last edited by Styletix on Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:41 pm

Danger32 wrote:
Scotty wins.

gee good contribution..
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

Posts : 1559
Age : 31
Location : Townsville

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Styletix wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Danger32 wrote:
Soward won't win the Dally M

Ahh yes and Dragons will choke and wont win the league... Blah Blah Blah

I won't say Soward definitely won't win a Dally M, but I will say I can't see it happening. The Dragons dominated this year and Soward was nowhere near close to winning it, if your team goes that well and you're not even in the race, than I dare say you're unlikely ever going to win.

Boyd would be more likely to win one IMO.

your kidding right?

its clear the reason a dragons player wont win Dally M is because the team is playing so well. Easy to give votes to players in nothing teams like Thurston at Cowboys.

Right so let me get this straight.

You think that the Dragons will both win another title, and that Soward will win the Dally M, but that it's clear no Dragons player will win the Dally M because they're playing so well.....Cos that's not contradicting yourself at all.

And for the record, Thurston won the Dally M when NQ finished 5th and 3rd, hardly in a team playing crap.

Wasnt a contradiction. Clear common sense verses a measly prediction. Surely you can spot the difference Laughing

Oh ok, I get it now, it's not that you're contradicting yourself, it's just that you either have no conviction in your predictions, or was just taking the piss when you made them.....I'll take that into account next time I read anything you post, that not even you believe anything you post, cheers.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Posts : 10081
Location : Adelaide

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:47 pm

It's your argument with Scotty, not mine.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:51 pm

Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Danger32 wrote:
Soward won't win the Dally M

Ahh yes and Dragons will choke and wont win the league... Blah Blah Blah

I won't say Soward definitely won't win a Dally M, but I will say I can't see it happening. The Dragons dominated this year and Soward was nowhere near close to winning it, if your team goes that well and you're not even in the race, than I dare say you're unlikely ever going to win.

Boyd would be more likely to win one IMO.

your kidding right?

its clear the reason a dragons player wont win Dally M is because the team is playing so well. Easy to give votes to players in nothing teams like Thurston at Cowboys.

Right so let me get this straight.

You think that the Dragons will both win another title, and that Soward will win the Dally M, but that it's clear no Dragons player will win the Dally M because they're playing so well.....Cos that's not contradicting yourself at all.

And for the record, Thurston won the Dally M when NQ finished 5th and 3rd, hardly in a team playing crap.

Wasnt a contradiction. Clear common sense verses a measly prediction. Surely you can spot the difference Laughing

Oh ok, I get it now, it's not that you're contradicting yourself, it's just that you either have no conviction in your predictions, or was just taking the piss when you made them.....I'll take that into account next time I read anything you post, that not even you believe anything you post, cheers.

Laughing forums are serious business
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:51 pm

Danger32 wrote:
It's your argument with Scotty, not mine.

so you werent originally involved?? Facepalm
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Posts : 10081
Location : Adelaide

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:04 pm

I was, then let you guys have it out.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Posts : 6699

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:10 pm

Can't really expect more really, Scotty just owned him and he comes out with a call like that. Disgraceful.

/causereaction haha only kidding lads
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:13 pm

Brenton wrote:
Can't really expect more really, Scotty just owned him and he comes out with a call like that. Disgraceful.

/causereaction haha only kidding lads

dear oh dear.. however it is amusing how slow some people are on this forum. even now im sure both maxi and scotty still havent got it.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Posts : 6699

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:14 pm

You seem to of missed the white text Smile
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:19 pm

Brenton wrote:
You seem to of missed the white text Smile

nope it comes up quite clearly when you quote someone.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

Posts : 1559
Age : 31
Location : Townsville

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Styletix wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Can't really expect more really, Scotty just owned him and he comes out with a call like that. Disgraceful.

/causereaction haha only kidding lads

dear oh dear.. however it is amusing how slow some people are on this forum. even now im sure both maxi and scotty still havent got it.

No I got it mate, I think you were the one who didn't get it. I completely refuted your argument and all you could come out with was "forums are serious business".

Snide comments implying I take posting on a forum to seriously, gain you no credibility whatsoever. I know you're going to respond to that by saying you don't care about what people on here think of you, it's only a forum, blah, blah, blah. That's fine, but don't be suprised when people criticise you and your opinions, and at the end of the day, you must care to some degree, else you wouldn't be coming onto a forum to express your opinions in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:22 pm

Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Can't really expect more really, Scotty just owned him and he comes out with a call like that. Disgraceful.

/causereaction haha only kidding lads

dear oh dear.. however it is amusing how slow some people are on this forum. even now im sure both maxi and scotty still havent got it.

No I got it mate, I think you were the one who didn't get it. I completely refuted your argument and all you could come out with was "forums are serious business".

Snide comments implying I take posting on a forum to seriously, gain you no credibility whatsoever. I know you're going to respond to that by saying you don't care about what people on here think of you, it's only a forum, blah, blah, blah. That's fine, but don't be suprised when people criticise you and your opinions, and at the end of the day, you must care to some degree, else you wouldn't be coming onto a forum to express your opinions in the first place.

Laughing nice speech. and no you clearly didnt get it.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Posts : 6699

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:28 pm

I'll do my ladder excluding the Cows.

1. Brisbane
2. Titans (hoping for the QLD double, it is pretty likely to happen IMO)
3. Tigers
4. Dragons
5. Warriors
6. Manly
7. Bulldogs/Panthers
8. Melbourne

9. Roosters
10. Panthers/Bulldogs
11. Parra
12. Raiders
13. Knights
14. Souths (idk, just feel they will follow the same path as the Cows in 09/10)
15. Sharks
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

Posts : 1559
Age : 31
Location : Townsville

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Brenton wrote:
I'll do my ladder excluding the Cows.

1. Brisbane
2. Titans (hoping for the QLD double, it is pretty likely to happen IMO)
3. Tigers
4. Dragons
5. Warriors
6. Manly
7. Bulldogs/Panthers
8. Melbourne

9. Roosters
10. Panthers/Bulldogs
11. Parra
12. Raiders
13. Knights
14. Souths (idk, just feel they will follow the same path as the Cows in 09/10)
15. Sharks

Why excluding NQ, don't think you can be objective?

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:34 pm

Before Scotty sticks his chest out and claim he "refutes" any other argument, i would like to know if people know the clear difference in making a ball park prediction and giving an opinion. It would seem Scooty and Max obviously dont. To even think that by making an opinion that went against my argument was a contradiction is just embarrassing.

Firstly its two separate cases. I'll start with Soward. Ran bloody close to winning the award two seasons back when his team finished minor premiers. For him to do that with the likes of Weyman, Creagh, Young, Hornby, Boyd around him is a bloody good effort. And whose to say he couldnt reach that form again?

Secondly is the simple argument about his chances of winning it. Now as i've stated, its obviously slim due to those around him who will consistenly be gettin points also. Does that change my prediction, No because i still believe hes good enough as he showed last year. But do i think he'll win it, also No due to the reason i've stated.

Now can people see that just because I made a ball park prediction about Soward winning the Dally M, that doesnt necessarily mean I think he'll win it. But by all means he has the potential too.



Hope this clears everything up so people can stop claiming some sort of sad moral victory.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

Posts : 1559
Age : 31
Location : Townsville

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:35 pm

Styletix wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Can't really expect more really, Scotty just owned him and he comes out with a call like that. Disgraceful.

/causereaction haha only kidding lads

dear oh dear.. however it is amusing how slow some people are on this forum. even now im sure both maxi and scotty still havent got it.

No I got it mate, I think you were the one who didn't get it. I completely refuted your argument and all you could come out with was "forums are serious business".

Snide comments implying I take posting on a forum to seriously, gain you no credibility whatsoever. I know you're going to respond to that by saying you don't care about what people on here think of you, it's only a forum, blah, blah, blah. That's fine, but don't be suprised when people criticise you and your opinions, and at the end of the day, you must care to some degree, else you wouldn't be coming onto a forum to express your opinions in the first place.

Laughing nice speech. and no you clearly didnt get it.

Yeah ok Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Can't really expect more really, Scotty just owned him and he comes out with a call like that. Disgraceful.

/causereaction haha only kidding lads

dear oh dear.. however it is amusing how slow some people are on this forum. even now im sure both maxi and scotty still havent got it.

No I got it mate, I think you were the one who didn't get it. I completely refuted your argument and all you could come out with was "forums are serious business".

Snide comments implying I take posting on a forum to seriously, gain you no credibility whatsoever. I know you're going to respond to that by saying you don't care about what people on here think of you, it's only a forum, blah, blah, blah. That's fine, but don't be suprised when people criticise you and your opinions, and at the end of the day, you must care to some degree, else you wouldn't be coming onto a forum to express your opinions in the first place.

Laughing nice speech. and no you clearly didnt get it.

Yeah ok Rolling Eyes

when all else fails.. resort to immaturity.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

Posts : 1559
Age : 31
Location : Townsville

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:41 pm

Styletix wrote:
Before Scotty sticks his chest out and claim he "refutes" any other argument, i would like to know if people know the clear difference in making a ball park prediction and giving an opinion. It would seem Scooty and Max obviously dont. To even think that by making an opinion that went against my argument was a contradiction is just embarrassing.

Firstly its two separate cases. I'll start with Soward. Ran bloody close to winning the award two seasons back when his team finished minor premiers. For him to do that with the likes of Weyman, Creagh, Young, Hornby, Boyd around him is a bloody good effort. And whose to say he couldnt reach that form again?

Secondly is the simple argument about his chances of winning it. Now as i've stated, its obviously slim due to those around him who will consistenly be gettin points also. Does that change my prediction, No because i still believe hes good enough as he showed last year. But do i think he'll win it, also No due to the reason i've stated.

Now can people see that just because I made a ball park prediction about Soward winning the Dally M, that doesnt necessarily mean I think he'll win it. But by all means he has the potential too.



Hope this clears everything up so people can stop claiming some sort of sad moral victory.

Do you even understand what ball park means?

You can't make a ball park prediction when you're saying exactly what you think is going to happen.

A ball park prediction is like saying pick a number between 1-100 and saying somewhere around 50, that's a ball park prediction, what you did is like just saying 50.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Posts : 5018
Age : 32
Location : KALLANGALANGALANGA

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:45 pm

Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Before Scotty sticks his chest out and claim he "refutes" any other argument, i would like to know if people know the clear difference in making a ball park prediction and giving an opinion. It would seem Scooty and Max obviously dont. To even think that by making an opinion that went against my argument was a contradiction is just embarrassing.

Firstly its two separate cases. I'll start with Soward. Ran bloody close to winning the award two seasons back when his team finished minor premiers. For him to do that with the likes of Weyman, Creagh, Young, Hornby, Boyd around him is a bloody good effort. And whose to say he couldnt reach that form again?

Secondly is the simple argument about his chances of winning it. Now as i've stated, its obviously slim due to those around him who will consistenly be gettin points also. Does that change my prediction, No because i still believe hes good enough as he showed last year. But do i think he'll win it, also No due to the reason i've stated.

Now can people see that just because I made a ball park prediction about Soward winning the Dally M, that doesnt necessarily mean I think he'll win it. But by all means he has the potential too.



Hope this clears everything up so people can stop claiming some sort of sad moral victory.

Do you even understand what ball park means?

You can't make a ball park prediction when you're saying exactly what you think is going to happen.

A ball park prediction is like saying pick a number between 1-100 and saying somewhere around 50, that's a ball park prediction, what you did is like just saying 50.

thats what you got? out of all i said, thats all that sunk in? now it all makes sense... Facepalm
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

Posts : 1559
Age : 31
Location : Townsville

2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 5:04 pm

Styletix wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Before Scotty sticks his chest out and claim he "refutes" any other argument, i would like to know if people know the clear difference in making a ball park prediction and giving an opinion. It would seem Scooty and Max obviously dont. To even think that by making an opinion that went against my argument was a contradiction is just embarrassing.

Firstly its two separate cases. I'll start with Soward. Ran bloody close to winning the award two seasons back when his team finished minor premiers. For him to do that with the likes of Weyman, Creagh, Young, Hornby, Boyd around him is a bloody good effort. And whose to say he couldnt reach that form again?

Secondly is the simple argument about his chances of winning it. Now as i've stated, its obviously slim due to those around him who will consistenly be gettin points also. Does that change my prediction, No because i still believe hes good enough as he showed last year. But do i think he'll win it, also No due to the reason i've stated.

Now can people see that just because I made a ball park prediction about Soward winning the Dally M, that doesnt necessarily mean I think he'll win it. But by all means he has the potential too.



Hope this clears everything up so people can stop claiming some sort of sad moral victory.

Do you even understand what ball park means?

You can't make a ball park prediction when you're saying exactly what you think is going to happen.

A ball park prediction is like saying pick a number between 1-100 and saying somewhere around 50, that's a ball park prediction, what you did is like just saying 50.

thats what you got? out of all i said, thats all that sunk in? now it all makes sense... Facepalm

No, I got the other stuff to, but seen as the key part of your argument was that you were mearly making a ball park prediction that Soward would win the Dally M, as opposed to what you actually believe in that he's unlikely to because the Dragons are to good, I thought I'd point out that you clearly have no idea of what a ball park prediciton is.

Maybe next time you should just say what you actually believe to begin with, and therefore avoid debates about whether you are or are not contradicting yourself, and whether people do or do not get what you are talking about.

I do get what you were saying about Soward going close, I'm not saying he's not a good player, or even that he wouldn't be a deserved winner, just that with how the Dragons have played over the last few years, and given the other players in the team with him, if they continue to play the same way, he's unlikely to win based on past results.

I however said that straight up, I didn't say it, than say oh no that was only a ball park prediciton (when it's not ball park at all) my actual opinion is this.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




2011 predicitons - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2011 predicitons   2011 predicitons - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
2011 predicitons
Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com