Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Struggling Quarterbacks

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DB
Guru
DB

Struggling Quarterbacks  Empty
PostSubject: Struggling Quarterbacks    Struggling Quarterbacks  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:40 pm

After some discussion in the chat box with philly about Kolb i thought it would be a good idea to have a thread on the topic.

At the moment there are a few quarterbacks that are really struggling.

Number one example would be Kolb. However, Palmer has been woeful and Romo has had a few nervous plays.

So who else do you think is under performing and what do you believe the reason is to why they arent performing to their potential?

Discuss!!!
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Struggling Quarterbacks    Struggling Quarterbacks  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 12:57 pm

Kolb i reckon is struggling atm because of his confidence. He does have the arm to make the throws but he hasnt been given the confidence from his coaching staff.

he started the season with one quarter and everyone just bagged him out for how bad he played in that one quarter... but it was his first game as the No.1 QB and i believe it was to be expected.
Since then Vick has taken over the role. He had been doing a great job but it isnt really helping the club. If they wanted a veteran QB they should have kept McNabb instead of trading him to a divisional rival.
When Kolb returned for the eagles when vick went out you could tell that he lacked the confidence. He just didnt look good in the pocket.

So i believe Kolb can still come good. He just needs to believe in himself and make those throws that he is currently doubting himself over. He also needs the backing of the club which may mean that they have to get rid of Vick...
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Struggling Quarterbacks    Struggling Quarterbacks  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:54 pm

You're forgetting Alex Smith. He might not last much longer in this league.

Chad Henne is also under the pump, though I think he may be able to bounce back. He has a better skill-set and bigger arm to work with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Struggling Quarterbacks    Struggling Quarterbacks  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:59 pm

Kvltism wrote:
You're forgetting Alex Smith. He might not last much longer in this league.

Chad Henne is also under the pump, though I think he may be able to bounce back. He has a better skill-set and bigger arm to work with.

there are plenty that i have left out.

such as Brett Favre haha
Back to top Go down
Kvltism
Guru
Kvltism

PostSubject: Re: Struggling Quarterbacks    Struggling Quarterbacks  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:07 pm

Favre's just showing his age. I'll feel a little sorrow for Vikings fans when he walks next year and leaves them without a legitimate QB.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/LordKvlt
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Struggling Quarterbacks    Struggling Quarterbacks  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 3:07 am

Kvltism wrote:
Favre's just showing his age. I'll feel a little sorrow for Vikings fans when he walks next year and leaves them without a legitimate QB.

well jackson is definatily not the answer for when he leaves... i would have expected them to make a play for clausen in the draft but too late now.

they may have to try and pick up someone this year in the draft imo.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Struggling Quarterbacks    Struggling Quarterbacks  Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 12:22 am

kolb ended up with 21/31 for 253 yards and one TD.

anyone think that he may get the starting job back??? as much as i like vick playing i think philly need to have him under centre.

also in other QB news... good old brett favre has stirred things up lol

Quote :
Vikings quarterback Brett Favre sent racy messages and lewd photos to a game hostess when he played for the Jets in 2008

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81b38857/article/goodell-confirms-nfl-is-investigating-favre-case?module=HP_headlines
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: Struggling Quarterbacks    Struggling Quarterbacks  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 13, 2010 1:25 pm

DB wrote:
kolb ended up with 21/31 for 253 yards and one TD.

anyone think that he may get the starting job back??? as much as i like vick playing i think philly need to have him under centre.
Not a chance unless he plays really, really awesome.
Vick (and the whole offence) has just looked too good for Vick to not play.
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

PostSubject: Re: Struggling Quarterbacks    Struggling Quarterbacks  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 1:48 am

Vick has been back at practice and it seems he will get the starting job again.

also Brett Favre has been struggling still with 7 tds and 11ints this season and a passer rating of only 69.8.

imo i think he is starting to regret coming back. he hasnt been able to consistently perform and he is really hurting the vikings opportunities knowing the talent they have had at receiver the last 4 weeks. he really needs sidney rice to come back soon and get some rhythm back.
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru
philly

PostSubject: Re: Struggling Quarterbacks    Struggling Quarterbacks  Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 2:10 am

Yeah Vick will be back as starter this week, which is very good. He probably won't have his new favourite weapon in DeSean back, but we have enough weapons so Vick should slot straight back in. He has said he will need to be smarter with the ball for the first few games though by running out of bounds or sliding before the hit.

And Favre has been shocking tbh, never should of come back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Struggling Quarterbacks    Struggling Quarterbacks  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Struggling Quarterbacks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: US Sports-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com