Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Second Season Syndrome

Go down 

Who'se gonna suffer from Second Season Sydrone in 2011??
Carney
Second Season Syndrome Vote_lcap15%Second Season Syndrome Vote_rcap
 15% [ 2 ]
Coote
Second Season Syndrome Vote_lcap0%Second Season Syndrome Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Maloney
Second Season Syndrome Vote_lcap46%Second Season Syndrome Vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
Burgess
Second Season Syndrome Vote_lcap8%Second Season Syndrome Vote_rcap
 8% [ 1 ]
Gillett
Second Season Syndrome Vote_lcap0%Second Season Syndrome Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
Second Season Syndrome Vote_lcap31%Second Season Syndrome Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Second Season Syndrome Empty
PostSubject: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 4:50 pm

With many players having a breakthrough season in 2010, who'se your opinion to suffer that dreaded Second Season Syndrome. This season we've seen the likes of Mortimer and Goodwin and knocked back down to earth with a thud.. Who'se next??

BTW i do know Second Season Syndrome usually refers to players the year after they debut, but i figured this would arouse more talk.
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 10:42 pm

I think Maloney could potentially be in for a rough ride next season, especially with Shaun Johnson breathing down his neck at the Warriors.

Carney should be fine, he was already a star at the Raiders.

Gillette should be coming off the bench so don't see any big issues with him backing it up again.

Burgess seems to have a steady head on him, he'll be fine.

Coote would be my second pick behind Maloney.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:41 pm

SBW wrote:
I think Maloney could potentially be in for a rough ride next season, especially with Shaun Johnson breathing down his neck at the Warriors.

Carney should be fine, he was already a star at the Raiders.

Gillette should be coming off the bench so don't see any big issues with him backing it up again.

Burgess seems to have a steady head on him, he'll be fine.

Coote would be my second pick behind Maloney.

The 2010 season was Coote's second season and he did excellent
Back to top Go down
SBW
Guru
SBW

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 11:43 pm

I think this thread is about a player having a breakout season and backing it up, not their actual first season.
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 3:27 am

I don't know how well Coote will hold up next year with his groin. Hopefully he gets it perfect and doesn't have any niggling injuries next season or it could really hurt him.

Although if he is fit, I believe he can have another great season.

I think I would have to agree with SBW on Maloney though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 6:11 am

Yeah maloney will have to stay on top of his game the same as seymour theres a bit of talent coming through in the warriors halves. Johnson, John, Taylor, Tuimavave.

But in syaing that Maloney is off contract at the end of next season and he will want to play well to get top dollar from wherever he goes.

Back to top Go down
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 7:46 am

kiwikid33 wrote:
Yeah maloney will have to stay on top of his game the same as seymour theres a bit of talent coming through in the warriors halves. Johnson, John, Taylor, Tuimavave.

But in syaing that Maloney is off contract at the end of next season and he will want to play well to get top dollar from wherever he goes.

I can't see James Maloney getting another contract (particularly more then 1 year). he'd to show some pretty awesome form, His contract expires at the wrong time for him, with Shaun Johnson going to be emerging as an NRL contingent. With Issac John, Elijah Taylor, Tuimavave on cheaper coin as back-ups. I'd be pretty suprised if Maloney was given an extended stay at the warriors. He'd definately have to build on what she showed this year.

Last edited by Thehattrickrabbit on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
panthersftw
Guru
panthersftw

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 8:03 am

Justin Horo. I don't know why, just have a feeling.
Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 10:19 am

Thehattrickrabbit wrote:
kiwikid33 wrote:

I can't see James Maloney getting another contract (particularly more then 1 year). he'd to show some pretty awesome form, His contract expires at the wrong time for him, with Shaun Johnson going to be emerging as an NRL contingent. With Issac John, Elijah Taylor, Tuimavave on cheaper coin as back-ups. I'd be pretty suprised if Maloney was given an extended stay at the warriors. He'd definately have to build on what she showed this year.

Yeah i dont think he'll stay at the warriors I had heard The Eels were pretty keen on him as well as a possible move back to melbourne to take the 6 jersey.
Back to top Go down
Stoke
Legend
Stoke

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 10:58 am

Mortimer never had second year syndrome as everyone but the media knew he was rubbish in his first season.
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:17 am

Could definitely be Maloney.

Gillett will kill it (again)
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:30 pm

I'm tipping the Roosters, and in particular Todd Carney to have a hangover of sorts.
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 4:25 am

I think Maloney, but i reckon he'll pick up towards the middle of the season.
The rest should do fine, I see Gillett maybe being a bolter for Origin if he keeps this up.
Back to top Go down
Holy Grail
Veteran
Holy Grail

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 4:29 am

Gillett is the type of player who is consistent so he wont suffer but i think coote will get hit hard
Back to top Go down
DaneSwan#36
Legend
DaneSwan#36

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:10 pm

Holy Grail wrote:
Gillett is the type of player who is consistent so he wont suffer but i think coote will get hit hard

I think injury will play a big role with Lachy Coote next year. He had some injury problems towards the end of the seson this year with his groin and like I said earlier in the thread if it holds up well I think he can still perform well next year, but having said that it could happen to anyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:32 pm

Hope Fifita doesn't fall under this spell
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:42 am

The whole Dragon team and Daniel Mortimer to have 3rd a season syndrome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Second Season Syndrome   Second Season Syndrome Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Second Season Syndrome
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com