Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Your Teams Coach

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DB
Guru
DB

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:41 am

Quote :
The NRL is about to witness the biggest coaching turnover in the history of the game with only five coaches guaranteed to hold on to their positions this time next year.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/breaking-news/the-2011-nrl-season-set-for-big-coaching-turnover-with-ricky-stuart-and-jason-taylor-looming/story-e6frf33c-1225938456477

I thought that this was a interesting topic to read. It pretty much goes through each clubs saying what the likely hood of their coach being there this time next year.

Dragons obviously are trying to lock up bennett but its starting to look unlikely.

Storm will have a battle on their hands with bellamy imo. I think the broncos will make a huge play for him knowing that old mate ivan most likely isnt gonna last

so what do you guys think of the coaching situation?
Back to top Go down
Roger
Administrator
Roger

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 1:53 am

I'm fairly sure Kev Moore is safe at the Dogs. They're the type of club who doesn't sack a coach after 2 years because they're losing. He did well in the first season but this year I just think we needed new ideas and some fresh blood in the team.
Back to top Go down
Cynic
Legend
Cynic

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:12 am

Geez ... Bellamy better stay true to the contract or I'll be hella confused.
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend
a_F_c

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:50 am

I hope we keep Ivan.
He doesnt deserve to be sacked just after this year, the first coach who missed the finals that wasnt Wayne was always going to be under pressure.
Plus I sure as hell dont want Ricky frikkin Stuart coaching us.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:01 am

I thinks it's quite obvious that Neil Henry is skating on thin ice next year.

Quote :
Neil Henry will be on the unemployment queue if the Cowboys miss the playoffs next season. Henry originally signed a five-year contract but there are key performance indicators in the deal.
Apparently if the Cowboys don't make the finals for 4 years then his last year will be terminated.

Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:41 am

I'll take Wayne back thanks
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 6:49 am

If Penrith don't make the 8 next year I'll be spewing and he should face the sack. We've given him too many chances.
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 7:00 am

JB-NQC wrote:

Quote :
Neil Henry will be on the unemployment queue if the Cowboys miss the playoffs next season. Henry originally signed a five-year contract but there are key performance indicators in the deal.
Apparently if the Cowboys don't make the finals for 4 years then his last year will be terminated.

I think if he doesn't make the finals next year than he won't even be given that fourth year, and fair enough, while it's fair from just Kings fault, the coach still has to take responsibility if the team misses the finals 3 years straight.

Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:23 am

Scotty wrote:
JB-NQC wrote:

Quote :

I think if he doesn't make the finals next year than he won't even be given that fourth year, and fair enough, while it's fair from just Kings fault, the coach still has to take responsibility if the team misses the finals 3 years straight.

Agreed. The Cowboys haven't had much luck in the last 3 years.

In 2008 we had a stack load of injuries.. something like 15 first grade players out during the year so i guess we could use that as some what of an excuse.

In 2009 we didn't start the season well but during the middle part of the season we gained some form and unfortunately died off after the Origin period. We missed out on the 8 by 3points. It wasn't a bad year compared to 2008 and 2010, but the fact that we missed out was the main probably.

And in 2010, we had a pretty good playing roster, but they just couldn't come together. Can't use any excuses for this year, we just played poorly throughout the season.

It has come to a point where everyone at the club is too blame. In 2008 we could blamed injuries, in 2009 we could blame our poor start to the season but 2010 there is no excuses.

And same goes with 2011. With the playing roster we have for next year, if we don't make the 8 then heads will roll (i.e. King will be goneeee) like they have been rolling already (see ya Webb, Kaufusi, Manase, Williams etc).
Back to top Go down
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:44 am

Dessie definitely won't be going anywhere. He will be at Manly for as long as he wants, taken us to a premiership and I'm sure he has a plan to bring us another one a few years done the track.
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:48 am

Were safe Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 8:50 am

We would surely have to be nuts to let bellamy go.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:26 am

Im happy keepin Bennett
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:09 pm

Yep Neil Henry is on thin ice this year. Here are pretty much my thoughts about Neil Henry

I was willing to give Neil Henry the benefit of the doubt in 2009, and to be honest, if LOD and Payne didn't get injured against the Sharks I believe we would of made the 8, ever since they went down injured that was when our season went out of control. The start of the season wasn't too flash either. Coming 5th with a very strong points difference, we had a supreme middle section of the year, shame it didn't turn out.

In regards to 2010 I don't know really what to feel, the talent was there but they didn't translate it into team performances. It's hard, do you blame the players for not performing as a cohesive unit or do you blame the coach for not moulding them into a cohesive unit? I think both are to blame to an extent, but a lot more the players. JT had a very poor year, we still had the guys like Webb in the team by round 26. Aaron Payne also had a terrible year by his standards and if he continues he is looking down the barrel of early retirement or QLD Cup and replaced by more then worthy Clint Amos, who is definitely NRL standard and has looked good in his limited opportunities at the Cows. So I am still willing to give King the benefit of the doubt.

Positives out of 2010 are hard to find but you can find a few. Matthew Scott was tremendous all year, Scott Bolton was in great form at the start of the year as was Willie Tonga but both would admit their form dropped off as the year went on. Both should have more consistent years next year.

The cleanout is exactly what we needed and this would of happened preferably at the end of last year, but better late then never I suppose. Most of the deadwood is gone. Dean Lance has been sacked, Peter Parr is back to the role he is best at as Football Manager, a totally new squad pretty much, and it really excites me. The likes of Antonio Winterstein and Kalifa Faifai Loa excite me a lot, imagine the left hand side of the field for the Cows next year, you got a damaging line runner in Scott Bolton, a powerful centre in Willie Tonga and the explosive youthful exuberance of Kalifa Failfai Loa. Add JT into the mix and if that clicks, that would without a doubt in my mind be the most damaging combination in the comp. Probably bias in that last comment but meh, that's what I think. The rest of the team is strong too. Matty Bowen is constantly improving, Antonio Winterstein is a very fast winger and that is something we have lacked - pace on the fringes. Brent Tate is all class. Ray Thompson is a good foil for JT, and JT is a gun, we all know that. Matthew Scott is the next Civo imo, Aaron Payne has been rubbish the last couple of years, hoping he can improve that. Ashton Sims played decent footy in his limited opportunities in 2010 with the Broncos, Gavin Cooper is a good signing, tackling machine and DJ is a gun and we all know that.

So next year Neil Henry is under a lot of pressure, he has come out saying that the team he was given in 2009 and 2010 wasn't really the team he wanted. He got the cleanout he wanted, now he has the squad he wants. If he doesn't perform he is certainly gone and one of Jason Taylor, Ricky Stuart, Ivan Henjak (depending on circumstances at the Broncos, but he could be gone sooner rather than later) or Wayne Bennett will be the Cowboys coach in 2012.

Done Smile
Back to top Go down
socceroos06
Guru
socceroos06

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 3:16 pm

Cats11 wrote:

Bellamy won't go anywhere until he wanted to go
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:51 pm

Styletix wrote:
Im happy keepin Bennett

To bad he doesn't seem as happy to stay.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:56 pm

Think you might be disappointed in calling Winterstein a very fast winger. Unless you think He is Yow Yeh he isnt what I would call a very fast winger at all.
Back to top Go down
Cats11
Guru
Cats11

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:43 am

socceroos06 wrote:
Cats11 wrote:

Bellamy won't go anywhere until he wanted to go

That was kind of my point Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
manly4lyf
Guru
manly4lyf

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 4:04 am

Seaeagles wrote:
Dessie definitely won't be going anywhere. He will be at Manly for as long as he wants, taken us to a premiership and I'm sure he has a plan to bring us another one a few years done the track.

Yeah i don't see Des leaving anytime too soon, as the article said we'd have to finish last maybe two years in a row for him to get sacked.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 5:06 am

Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Im happy keepin Bennett

meh i havent spoken to the bloke so i wouldnt know
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 5:51 am

Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Im happy keepin Bennett

If he wasnt such a family orientated bloke I'm sure he would have re re signed already.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:22 am

Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Im happy keepin Bennett

If he wasnt such a family orientated bloke I'm sure he would have re re signed already.

as i said, havent spoken to him. wouldnt know if hes a family orientated bloke or not.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 8:16 am

Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Im happy keepin Bennett

as i said, havent spoken to him. wouldnt know if hes a family orientated bloke or not.

Obviously don't follow the bloke to closely then and haven't seen the multiple docos and news stories with him and his family then.
Back to top Go down
Styletix
Guru
Styletix

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:25 am

Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Styletix wrote:
Im happy keepin Bennett

Obviously don't follow the bloke to closely then and haven't seen the multiple docos and news stories with him and his family then.

Obviously not.. well picked up champ Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your Teams Coach Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Teams Coach   Your Teams Coach Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Teams Coach
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com