Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

 

 Four Nations Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Winner?
Australia
Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Vote_lcap55%Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 55% [ 11 ]
England
Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Vote_lcap0%Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
New Zealand
Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Vote_lcap25%Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 25% [ 5 ]
PNG
Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 20
 

AuthorMessage
Seaeagles
Guru
Seaeagles

Posts : 4608
Location : Sydney

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 6:43 am

Highlights of Junior Kangaroos and Kiwis match, for anyone interested:

Back to top Go down
Holy Grail
Veteran
Holy Grail

Posts : 574
Age : 21

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 6:59 am

NRL_Fanatic wrote:
Bad news for the Kiwis: Manu Vatuvei is out of the tournament with a broken arm and will need surgery.

Big loss for the Kiwis, wonder who will replace him. My guesses will be Locke or maybe LikiLiki
perrett is on the exteneded bench so he will obviously get it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Posts : 10081
Location : Adelaide

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 7:03 am

Gagai gunned it! 2 very good tries from him, hopefully he gets first crack at the wing spot for us next season. The only problem is that he's a fullback and will be out of place on the wing. He'll have to train there for the off-season and hopefully he fits in nicely.
Back to top Go down
All_Star94
Guru
All_Star94

Posts : 1535
Age : 25
Location : Australia, NSW

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 7:33 am

Holy Grail wrote:
NRL_Fanatic wrote:
Bad news for the Kiwis: Manu Vatuvei is out of the tournament with a broken arm and will need surgery.

Big loss for the Kiwis, wonder who will replace him. My guesses will be Locke or maybe LikiLiki
perrett is on the exteneded bench so he will obviously get it Rolling Eyes

woops, must of forgotten about him.
Back to top Go down
Holy Grail
Veteran
Holy Grail

Posts : 574
Age : 21

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 8:49 am

Kumls getting owned Facepalm
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

Posts : 7357
Age : 29
Location : Canberra

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 8:53 am

lol australia 75% possession hahahaha
Back to top Go down
DB
Guru
DB

Posts : 7357
Age : 29
Location : Canberra

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 8:57 am

i have to say though i love the physical way the PNG side plays.

some nice hits on tate so far Smile
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

Posts : 1058
Location : Sydney

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:04 am

Yeah big hits on Tatey and Locky so far... like to see them pull off those type of hits on the big boys... imagine hitting Sammy like that, EPIC whiplash haha.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

Posts : 1330
Age : 25
Location : Oz

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:10 am

Australia looking the goods, some lucky tries though. As you guys said, I love the PNG hitting Four Nations Thread - Page 4 575896
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Posts : 6699

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 9:25 am

Tate and Tonga crossing for tries. Good to see.

The enthusiasm shown by PNG is great to watch.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

Posts : 1313
Age : 32
Location : Gold Coast

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:30 am

Tonga was terrible. Lote could have had 2 or 3 trys if Tonga hadn't have been selfish and blown them by not passing.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Posts : 6699

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:33 am

Tanswell87 wrote:
Tonga was terrible. Lote could have had 2 or 3 trys if Tonga hadn't have been selfish and blown them by not passing.

Got 2 tries, so he wasn't terrible...
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

Posts : 1058
Location : Sydney

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:35 am

I wasn't really impressed by anyone's performance. Hopefully they all improve for next week.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

Posts : 1313
Age : 32
Location : Gold Coast

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:49 am

Brenton wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Tonga was terrible. Lote could have had 2 or 3 trys if Tonga hadn't have been selfish and blown them by not passing.

Got 2 tries, so he wasn't terrible...

Without being biased yes he was. He managed to fall on the ball once and get thrown a ball 5 meters out and fall over the line.

and apart from that he managed to blow 3 trys by not throwing to a wide open Tuqiri and then knock the ball on trying to dive past 3 PNG players whilst Tuqiri was once again wide open.
Back to top Go down
Rozza
Guru
Rozza

Posts : 8425

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 10:50 am

Australia didn't play too well today but they played good enough to get the win. PNG never stopped trying, which was good to see.
Back to top Go down
The Tank
Guru
The Tank

Posts : 1330
Age : 25
Location : Oz

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:20 am

What position was Gidley playing when he was on? We had Slater, Lockeyer, Cronk and Smith on the field. Maybe lock?
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Posts : 10081
Location : Adelaide

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:20 am

Brenton wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Tonga was terrible. Lote could have had 2 or 3 trys if Tonga hadn't have been selfish and blown them by not passing.

Got 2 tries, so he wasn't terrible...

Just because a player gets 2 tries, doesn't mean he wasn't terrible. Anyone can run over the try line.

Not very convincing by Australia at all. PNG did well to keep us scoreless for half an hour, good on them. They also put some massive hits on which was good to see.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Posts : 6699

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:25 am

Danger32 wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Tonga was terrible. Lote could have had 2 or 3 trys if Tonga hadn't have been selfish and blown them by not passing.

Got 2 tries, so he wasn't terrible...

Just because a player gets 2 tries, doesn't mean he wasn't terrible. Anyone can run over the try line.

Not very convincing by Australia at all. PNG did well to keep us scoreless for half an hour, good on them. They also put some massive hits on which was good to see.

If a Broncos player did what Tonga did we would not hear the end of it...............................................
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

Posts : 1313
Age : 32
Location : Gold Coast

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:32 am

Brenton wrote:
Danger32 wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Tonga was terrible. Lote could have had 2 or 3 trys if Tonga hadn't have been selfish and blown them by not passing.

Got 2 tries, so he wasn't terrible...

Just because a player gets 2 tries, doesn't mean he wasn't terrible. Anyone can run over the try line.

Not very convincing by Australia at all. PNG did well to keep us scoreless for half an hour, good on them. They also put some massive hits on which was good to see.

If a Broncos player did what Tonga did we would not hear the end of it...............................................


The bloke blew multiple try scoring plays and that isn't acceptable at rep level whether that player plays for my team or not.


Last edited by Tanswell87 on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Posts : 10081
Location : Adelaide

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:32 am

Your comeback saddens me.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Posts : 6699

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:33 am

Danger32 wrote:
Your comeback saddens me.

Oh what? Coming from you? "My internet stopped working". "I was watching TV"

Please!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Posts : 6699

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:34 am

Tanswell87 wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Danger32 wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Tonga was terrible. Lote could have had 2 or 3 trys if Tonga hadn't have been selfish and blown them by not passing.

Got 2 tries, so he wasn't terrible...

Just because a player gets 2 tries, doesn't mean he wasn't terrible. Anyone can run over the try line.

Not very convincing by Australia at all. PNG did well to keep us scoreless for half an hour, good on them. They also put some massive hits on which was good to see.

If a Broncos player did what Tonga did we would not hear the end of it...............................................


The bloke blew multiple try scoring plays and that isn't acceptable at rep level whether that player plays for my team or not.

Maybe he did. But why does it matter? The scoreline was 42-0...
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Posts : 10081
Location : Adelaide

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:35 am

Brenton wrote:
Danger32 wrote:
Your comeback saddens me.

Oh what? Coming from you? "My internet stopped working". "I was watching TV"

Please!! Laughing

I'll repeat myself...Your comeback/s sadden me.
Back to top Go down
Tanswell87
Guru
Tanswell87

Posts : 1313
Age : 32
Location : Gold Coast

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 11:42 am

Brenton wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Danger32 wrote:
Brenton wrote:
Tanswell87 wrote:
Tonga was terrible. Lote could have had 2 or 3 trys if Tonga hadn't have been selfish and blown them by not passing.

Got 2 tries, so he wasn't terrible...

Just because a player gets 2 tries, doesn't mean he wasn't terrible. Anyone can run over the try line.

Not very convincing by Australia at all. PNG did well to keep us scoreless for half an hour, good on them. They also put some massive hits on which was good to see.

If a Broncos player did what Tonga did we would not hear the end of it...............................................


The bloke blew multiple try scoring plays and that isn't acceptable at rep level whether that player plays for my team or not.

Maybe he did. But why does it matter? The scoreline was 42-0...

Yes it does matter. When your playing for Australia you have to play at your best every single game and play as a team player every single game.

Tonga was selfish today and if he does that against the Kiwis or Poms it will come back to haunt us.
Back to top Go down
JB-NQC
Guru
JB-NQC

Posts : 1058
Location : Sydney

Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:20 pm

At the end of the day, Australia won.

There was no one in the team today that was brilliant, everyone was rusty which is obviously going to be the case since so many of the players haven't had a game in around 50 or so days. England and NZ both played the week before which was like their warm up... today's was Australia's warm up and they will only get better with this game under their belt.

I was expecting a lot more from players like Slater, Thaiday, Cronk, Lockyer, Petero, Shillington, Smith, Tonga etc but nearly everyone on the team failed to deliver the ability we all know them for. Like i can't ever remember seeing Brett Morris play? Or Shillington?

Well that's one game down, and were at the top of the 4 Nations ladder... bring on the POMS!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Four Nations Thread   Four Nations Thread - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Four Nations Thread
Back to top 
Page 4 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting  | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com