Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.



 
HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

 

 Souths to buy out Cronulla?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru
Thehattrickrabbit

Posts : 7831
Location : Sydney,NSW

Souths to buy out Cronulla? Empty
PostSubject: Souths to buy out Cronulla?   Souths to buy out Cronulla? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 12:04 am

This is what was posted on another forum.

Just heard from a reliable source (non Souths supporter) who has connections in Souths Juniors that Souths will be involved in a $4 million takeover of Cronulla.
Apparently from what i've been told there will be a combined Junior comp next year.
That's all i've been told so far but given Richo's past connections to Cronulla & the fact that Cronulla are in financial trouble then there might be some truth in it.
Let's see what eventuates but neither club deserves to lose it's identity especially to the greed of the NRL & both deserve the opportunity to stand alone.

Back to top Go down
kiwikid33
Guru
kiwikid33

Posts : 7133
Location : Hastings, New Zealand

Souths to buy out Cronulla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Souths to buy out Cronulla?   Souths to buy out Cronulla? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:35 am

could open the way for a central coast team or adelaide etc ?
Back to top Go down
DUB
Guru
DUB

Posts : 4177
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong/Bathurst

Souths to buy out Cronulla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Souths to buy out Cronulla?   Souths to buy out Cronulla? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:43 am

kiwikid33 wrote:
could open the way for a central coast team or adelaide etc ?

yeh agreed.
and there's talk of a inland Qld team, like Ipswich also wanting in, along with Perth.
Back to top Go down
DUB
Guru
DUB

Posts : 4177
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong/Bathurst

Souths to buy out Cronulla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Souths to buy out Cronulla?   Souths to buy out Cronulla? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:44 am

Thehattrickrabbit wrote:
This is what was posted on another forum.

Just heard from a reliable source (non Souths supporter) who has connections in Souths Juniors that Souths will be involved in a $4 million takeover of Cronulla.
Apparently from what i've been told there will be a combined Junior comp next year.
That's all i've been told so far but given Richo's past connections to Cronulla & the fact that Cronulla are in financial trouble then there might be some truth in it.
Let's see what eventuates but neither club deserves to lose it's identity especially to the greed of the NRL & both deserve the opportunity to stand alone.


If there's any club that's going to fould in the NRL, it's the Sharks, and imo it's only matter of time before it happens/they relocate.
Back to top Go down
Brenton
Guru
Brenton

Posts : 6699

Souths to buy out Cronulla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Souths to buy out Cronulla?   Souths to buy out Cronulla? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:45 am

I would love to see Central QLD get a team based at Rockhampton.
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Guru
Jenko

Posts : 2372
Age : 25
Location : Sydney Reputation: █ █ █ █ █

Souths to buy out Cronulla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Souths to buy out Cronulla?   Souths to buy out Cronulla? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 3:51 am

Would love this to happen, Sharks are a hopeless team.
Back to top Go down
DUB
Guru
DUB

Posts : 4177
Age : 30
Location : Wollongong/Bathurst

Souths to buy out Cronulla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Souths to buy out Cronulla?   Souths to buy out Cronulla? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 4:27 am

Brenton wrote:
I would love to see Central QLD get a team based at Rockhampton.

There was a story earlier this year on Foxsports about how the Ben Walker is coaching the Ipswich Jets team atm, and how they are pushing to be included eventually, with stars like Langer originating from there.

But unfortunately i couldnt find the story on the site. Sad
Back to top Go down
Scotty
Guru
Scotty

Posts : 1559
Age : 31
Location : Townsville

Souths to buy out Cronulla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Souths to buy out Cronulla?   Souths to buy out Cronulla? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 5:24 am

How can Souths afford to buy out Cronulla when they can't even manage themselves financially and need to go to Mr Crowe for hand outs to clear their own debt? I find it hard to believe he'd be the money behind this given he said he didn't want to have to continue doing it at Souths, let alone another club.
Back to top Go down
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru


Posts : 1378
Age : 28

Souths to buy out Cronulla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Souths to buy out Cronulla?   Souths to buy out Cronulla? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:14 pm

Good riddance. Bye bye Sharks
Back to top Go down
Danger32
Legend
Danger32

Posts : 10081
Location : Adelaide

Souths to buy out Cronulla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Souths to buy out Cronulla?   Souths to buy out Cronulla? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 2:20 pm

We won't get a team, there's no way.
Back to top Go down
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
RED&GREEN4EVA

Posts : 2156
Age : 40
Location : SYDNEY

Souths to buy out Cronulla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Souths to buy out Cronulla?   Souths to buy out Cronulla? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 9:51 pm

Scotty wrote:
How can Souths afford to buy out Cronulla when they can't even manage themselves financially and need to go to Mr Crowe for hand outs to clear their own debt? I find it hard to believe he'd be the money behind this given he said he didn't want to have to continue doing it at Souths, let alone another club.

Souths are making a small profit these days, without a leagues club the last 3 years. They are one of the top teams for sponsorship, memberships, and merchandise sales. They have just reopened their new leagues club late this year, which they rent out retail space and includes a supermarket, as there was none in the area, and they are one of the only teams to actually own the building itself. As for debts, they were all bought out the moment Crowe and Holmes A Court bought the club.. If they were looking to give financial aid/buy the Sharks, it wouldn't be for them to fold, it would be for them to survive which isn't such a bad thing..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Souths to buy out Cronulla? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Souths to buy out Cronulla?   Souths to buy out Cronulla? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Souths to buy out Cronulla?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: League-
Jump to:  
Free forum hosting | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com